Found Deceased TX - Chrissy Powell, 39, San Antonio, Paralegal, didn’t arrive @work, BOLO, 5 July 2022

I am always a little more relieved when a vehicle is also missing because they are usually found and sometimes provide valuable insight into what happened to the missing person. I was glad to hear someone local several posts ago say that there is minimal water or vegetation in the area to hide an auto. My guess is that they will find it parked in some obscure location where someone is less likely to notice a vehicle that has not moved, either a high traffic area or a sketchier part of the area, but who knows. Then again sometimes people meet online and travel vast distances to see one another so it could literally be anywhere. Let's hope LE has examined as many cameras as possible to check her route and help narrow down the possibilities.

We are having a dangerous to health heat wave in Texas. Why did she leave home in a long-sleeved black shirt? Very small detail, I realize, but it caught my attention.

I am also concerned for her safety and welfare because multiple stressors & mental health issues are red flags in any disappearance.

I hope she is not in danger.

Come home, Chrissie.

I don't think her clothing choice has any significance, IMO. It's been 90 degrees+ where I'm at all week long, but I've still worn a thin zip up hoodie to work everyday as I work in an office with air conditioning and it can get pretty cold. I'm also naturally cold all the time.

We are having a dangerous to health heat wave in Texas. Why did she leave home in a long-sleeved black shirt? Very small detail, I realize, but it caught my attention.

I am also concerned for her safety and welfare because multiple stressors & mental health issues are red flags in any disappearance.

I hope she is not in danger.

Come home, Chrissie.
Small counterpoints just for rounding out ideas although admittedly there could be nefarious reasons: I work in an office, wear long sleeves to work, and have often forgotten to grab my phone when heading out. The long sleeves are because although I live in a hot and humid state, the A/C in most office buildings is brutal -- especially when not moving around much. For the phone I usually turn around to get it but if I were late and at a new job, I probably wouldn't.
I really don't think she was doing anything but intending to get to work. JMO.

I'm looking forward to seeing what time was she expected and who was she communicating with before that.

This is looking more like she took off on her own. If what her mother says is true about doing nothing for the holiday. Maybe the anniversary triggered a mental breakdown. I'm hoping she didn't decide to harm herself. Her kiddo's need her. JMO. MOO.

Just saw her mom said she's disappeared before. She said she was gone for "days, but not a week."
Missing Texas mom Christina Powell: What we know about the San Antonio paralegal missing over a week
so it was her workplace that called first not vice versa:

"He described how one of his colleagues called Powell on the morning of July 5 when she did not arrive on time for work. He heard from the colleague, a woman, that Powell answered the phone and said, in sum and substance, that "it was the July 4th weekend, and she had overslept, but was on her way to work."

My guess is she either left on her own or was in such a hurry, she ran off the road somewhere. I hope she is found safe very soon.

I feel like that is the simplest explanation here.

I also feel that she was just in a hurry and forgot her phone and watch. One time I was so overtired and overslept, I was half asleep still, when I ran out of the house and drove to work. I had forgotten my purse with my wallet and phone in it. I also drove too fast in my groggy state. Ay yi yi, those stressful days of being a single mom. But it was normal expected stress. Moo.

Just saw her mom said she's disappeared before. She said she was gone for "days, but not a week."
Missing Texas mom Christina Powell: What we know about the San Antonio paralegal missing over a week
I saw that too- it's interesting though because it definitely sounds like that "disappearance" was not as serious or scary as this one, as her mom says she knew she was with her boyfriend/ex boyfriend. Sounds more like she left without plans to leave for several days. This time definitely feels different, at least from what we know.

I don't think her clothing choice has any significance, IMO. It's been 90 degrees+ where I'm at all week long, but I've still worn a thin zip up hoodie to work everyday as I work in an office with air conditioning and it can get pretty cold. I'm also naturally cold all the time.
I understand adding a layer when indoors. But the heat index is up to 110° or more daily so unless it's a top she can take off outside, I find it odd. Who knows? Maybe it is.

I am hot natured so I couldn't think of leaving the house covered up & getting into a hot car in anything long-sleeved or being in the sun in black.
YMMV & JMO

so it was her workplace that called first not vice versa:

"He described how one of his colleagues called Powell on the morning of July 5 when she did not arrive on time for work. He heard from the colleague, a woman, that Powell answered the phone and said, in sum and substance, that "it was the July 4th weekend, and she had overslept, but was on her way to work."
Significant IMO

“Loved ones told Fox News Digital Powell kept a low profile on the July 4th holiday. That Monday marked one year since Powell’s 3-year-old son began living with his father instead of Powell, said her mother, Claudia Mobley.

"We didn’t do anything, because a year ago, July 4, was when she had … when her boyfriend or ex-boyfriend walked out and took the baby," Mobley told Fox News Digital. "So, it was kind of a bad anniversary." …

(Attorney at firm where she works-)
“He described how one of his colleagues called Powell on the morning of July 5 when she did not arrive on time for work. He heard from the colleague, a woman, that Powell answered the phone and said, in sum and substance, that "it was the July 4th weekend, and she had overslept, but was on her way to work." …

1) Ex- boyfriend walked out and took the baby July 4, 2021.
2) She didn't call work, they called her and she said she had overslept (after a "low profile" weekend).

IMO, these two things raise red flags.

This is interesting to me (from the Fox News article above)-
But after she stopped answering her phone and failed to show up two hours later from what should have been a 10-minute drive, he said, the female colleague went to Powell’s home to personally check in."

It's interesting that someone had to call her and ask where she was... this definitely lends to her being in a more frantic state of mind (in my opinion), than if she were running late herself and called to inform her workplace that she was on her way. Easier to see that she may have been feeling desperate, anxious, stressed, etc... especially since it's such a new job and it sounds like from the one week that she had been with this law firm, this was out of character for her -
"Sanchez described Powell as "punctual and hardworking," and said she "showed herself to be bright and personable."
"She never came to work during that short time in any capacity other than wanting to work and being prepared for work. We wouldn't have offered her a full-time position if we weren't satisfied that she was demonstrating those basic workplace values that we expect, such as punctuality, hard work, attention to detail."

I know the couple of times I have overslept... it certainly can be incredibly stressful and I don't feel like I'm thinking straight for work those days. Just may give more insight into her state of mind that day, especially with the stressful and upsetting holiday/anniversary on July 4th, she described by her mother.

Source: FOX News

I feel like that is the simplest explanation here.

I also feel that she was just in a hurry and forgot her phone and watch. One time I was so overtired and overslept, I was half asleep still, when I ran out of the house and drove to work. I had forgotten my purse with my wallet and phone in it. I also drove too fast in my groggy state. Ay yi yi, those stressful days of being a single mom. But it was normal expected stress. Moo.
Oh, for sure. I overslept once and hurried to a family gathering half asleep. When I got there, I realized I was wearing a Reebok on one foot and a Nike on the other. Needless to say, the fam could not stop laughing.

According to the latest Fox News article linked in previous posts, she had only been at her new job (Sanchez and Wilson law firm) since June 27, but was already offered a permanent position on July 1 and accepted it. She impressed with her punctuality and hard work. So work-wise she was in a good spot.

I understand adding a layer when indoors. But the heat index is up to 110° or more daily so unless it's a top she can take off outside, I find it odd. Who knows? Maybe it is.

I am hot natured so I couldn't think of leaving the house covered up & getting into a hot car in anything long-sleeved or being in the sun in black.
YMMV & JMO
I also live in Texas and it's been so ridiculously hot that walking outside is an instant full body sweat. I can understand her taking a sweater with her to work but wearing it outside to her car that has been sitting there getting hotter and hotter. Feels like 114 temps? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. She'd be drenched in seconds and going to work completely soaked through with sweat. IDK. I get what you're saying though. Maybe she made a last minute decision to just say "Screw it!" and drove away to destinations unknown.

YMMV & JMO

That's how my girlfriend is, she's always hot and I'm always cold. She hates getting into the hot car, and I kind of oddly like it. I like that initial feeling of coming out of a cold air conditioned building and getting into a hot car. JMO since I'm a weirdo and all.

I also live in Texas and it's been so ridiculously hot that walking outside is an instant full body sweat. I can understand her taking a sweater with her to work but wearing it outside to her car that has been sitting there getting hotter and hotter. Feels like 114 temps? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. She'd be drenched in seconds and going to work completely soaked through with sweat. IDK. I get what you're saying though. Maybe she made a last minute decision to just say "Screw it!" and drove away to destinations unknown.

It wouldn't have been as hot that early in the morning though, right? I've never been to Texas. I could be wrong because I'm sure it's a fairly oppressive heat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back