Description:
  • Date of Birth: June 13, 1946
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 5'0"
  • Weight: 110 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown/graying
  • Eye Color: Green/hazel/blue
  • Nickname/Alias: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on the right side of her face descending from her eye down to her nose.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: She usually wears silver and/or turquoise necklaces and rings.
  • Identifiers: Unknown
  • Other: Medical - Thompson has an unspecified medical condition.
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Thompson disappeared from La Crosse, Wisconsin on July 4th, 1995. She was last seen in the evening hours, leaving her residence near the 600 block of Gould Street. She was intending to meet her sister by the river to watch a fireworks display, but never showed up and has never been heard from again. Few details are available regarding her disappearance and her whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • City of La Crosse Police Department: 608-785-5962
  • Wisconsin Clearinghouse for Missing & Exploited Children & Adults: 608-266-1671
https://www.wimissing.org/post/wanda-lillian-thompson
Wanda Lillian Thompson – The Charley Project

I am the Youngest daughter of Wanda Thompson and I just recently saw that Lacrosse has closed her case . Not sure why , I have made a phone call to LaCrosse police to figure out why they have dropped the case. I have to call back Monday to talk to investigator. I will update this after I talk with them . Thank you for added my mother's case .

It appears Wanda has been found.

Wanda Lillian Thompson (1473DFWI) was reported missing on July 4, 1995. Her case has been closed per La Crosse LE. No further information available.
Thank you, I am Wanda's daughter had no idea the case was closed . After reading your post I am waiting to connect with LaCrosse police. I haven't heard a word about anyone finding her. I will update when I hear back.

Thank you, I am Wanda's daughter had no idea the case was closed . After reading your post I am waiting to connect with LaCrosse police. I haven't heard a word about anyone finding her. I will update when I hear back.

You're welcome, I hope the La Crosse police are able to verify whether or not your mother has been found.

This case is puzzling in a number of ways. The first being so little information available and the second big reason that investigators have quietly declared her case closed without apparently even bothering to contact her family.

The part of the story about Wanda leaving her home with a stated destination and appointment to meet her sister to watch 4th of July fireworks leads me to think that her disappearance was not of her own intent, and that perhaps foul play was involved.

I look forward to hearing more.

Are there any updates on her case?

Wanda Lillian Thompson​

WThompson.jpg

Wanda Lillian Thompson (1473DFWI) was reported missing on July 4, 1995. Her case has been closed per La Crosse LE. No further information available.

All previous links are closed.

LINK:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member