Found Deceased CA - Elizabeth Ernstein, 14, Redlands, 18 March 1968

Elizabeth’s boyfriend talks about her older sister not liking them dating earlier in the thread, if it really is him. He was 19 or 20 (I’ve seen differing reports of his age) and Elizabeth’s sister Rose was 20. Sounds like she was trying to protect her middle school age sister from an adult man.

Cold case murder solved

Sorry for posting so many thoughts in a row-
If James G. who posted here is who he says he is, notice how in his first post he refers to himself as her boyfriend. Next post he refers to himself as her friend.

It’s like he’s trying to minimize their relationship. Make it seem more casual. Big difference between boyfriend and friend.

ernstein1_orig.jpg

Elizabeth Lurene Ernstein (14)

Doe Network has listed Elizabeth as found in San Bernardino, California in 1969

Attachments

• 0637FE4E-A666-4A7E-8ACA-E2357CF0B3D2.jpeg
    0637FE4E-A666-4A7E-8ACA-E2357CF0B3D2.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 9
Sorry for posting so many thoughts in a row-
If James G. who posted here is who he says he is, notice how in his first post he refers to himself as her boyfriend. Next post he refers to himself as her friend.

It’s like he’s trying to minimize their relationship. Make it seem more casual. Big difference between boyfriend and friend.
If he was 'almost 20' at the time as he mentions, and she was only aged 14, that is not a good thing, to put it mildly.

The account given about climbing a tree seems strange now that I reread it. It's rather anecdotal and unnecessary. And he said "I sometimes climbed up into a tree". Sometimes, but not necessarily this time? Sounds predatory. The fact that Liz disappeared near an orange grove and this statement is most unsettling.

In the first post he said "only a short time (maybe a week) before she disappeared, Elizabeth called my family" and in the other post he said it was about 3 weeks. This stood out for me as well "I'd especially like to know if Elizabeth's older sister is still alive." What would the purpose of this be? His own disclosure was that he never met or spoke with her.

We don't know if these two (JG and Liz) had sexual relations but the hospital account really stands out. I wonder if he had actually set up to meet there because she may have been pregnant and it was the only time she could get there without her parents knowing. Perhaps her death was a result of a backroom abortion attempt.

Amazingly, he produces the exact date (March 7th) he began hitchhiking to NY. Why was there this sudden need to go across country and then to soon after join the Army? I wonder if there is something to corroborate JG not being in the the state on the 18th.

I'm assuming all this has been brought to the attention of the cold case detectives, at least from a few posts it seems so. Hope so!

He's still posting! The same things! On a zodiac forum:

THE MURDER OF ELIZABETH ERNSTEIN

Scroll to the comments.

"I was a very close friend of Elizabeth Ernstein in 1967 and early 1968. About December of 1967 or January of 1968, she called my house where my sister answered the phone. I was gone at the time. Elizabeth asked my sister to tell me..."

Scroll to the comments.

"I was a very close friend of Elizabeth Ernstein in 1967 and early 1968. About December of 1967 or January of 1968, she called my house where my sister answered the phone. I was gone at the time. Elizabeth asked my sister to tell me..."

Interesting find! And good grief, now his supposed daughter posted right after he did.

Jeff - If you're still on, I would like to connect. I never got your email because my messages were full. Please try to message me again. If you can't, let me know and I will try to figure out a way to you mine.

Scroll to the comments.

I did see that as well.

I don’t know if the victim’s relatives or brother still read here but I’d like to contact them if possible for an interview. I think this case is solvable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back