AZ - Solomon, WhtFem, 13-16, UP77029, on ranch land, Oct'20 - Cadence Langley *arrest*

From her reconstructions she could easily have been black or biracial. She was fairly decomposed and found in water, that makes it hard to determine skin tone.

Maybe that is what keeps her from being recognized because everybody is looking for a white or light Hispanic girl.

MOO

I think Esmeralda ought to be submitted. Stats, timeline, and resemblance are all close. It's only about 3.5 hours from her group home to where the remains were found.
From NamUs:

Circumstances of Disappearance
On 09/19/2019, Esmeralda, 14, ran away from her group home in the area of N 35th Ave and W Happy Valley Rd. Possibly with biological family.
(Missing Person / NamUs #MP89646)

Wondering if LE contacted Esmeraldas' family to ID? I suggest someone on WS who is more "seasoned" could inquire about this case as a possibilty.

@Susikatze The description for Esmeralda lists her as "
Race / Ethnicity
Hispanic / Latino,White / Caucasian ". IMO I agree, just based off the nose, profile and shading used in the sketch the reconstruction IMHO doesn't read as 100% caucasian. Possibly olive skin tone? Especially coupled with the height and surrounding population, makes me think Latino/European background.

From NamUs:

Circumstances of Disappearance
On 09/19/2019, Esmeralda, 14, ran away from her group home in the area of N 35th Ave and W Happy Valley Rd. Possibly with biological family.
(Missing Person / NamUs #MP89646)

Wondering if LE contacted Esmeraldas' family to ID? I suggest someone on WS who is more "seasoned" could inquire about this case as a possibilty.

@Susikatze The description for Esmeralda lists her as "
Race / Ethnicity
Hispanic / Latino,White / Caucasian ". IMO I agree, just based off the nose, profile and shading used in the sketch the reconstruction IMHO doesn't read as 100% caucasian. Possibly olive skin tone? Especially coupled with the height and surrounding population, makes me think Latino/European background.

Bulletin: Missing Juvenile | Arizona Counter Terrorism Information Center

BULLETIN: MISSING JUVENILE​

Missing Juvenile's Name:
Esmeralda Cruz
Missing
Missing Since:
Thursday, September 19, 2019
Age (when last seen):
Age (current):
HideDescription
Race:
White
Hair Color:
Brown
Eye Color:
Brown
Height:
5'1"
Weight:
Missing Juvenile:

Details:
Esmeralda may still be in the local area. She may in the company of an adult female and a juvenile male. If you have information about this missing juvenile, please contact: Phoenix Police Department at (602) 262-6657.

Rosalyn Velazquez
DLC: August 24, 2020
Missing from: Radcliff, KY
Missing Age: 15-17
Height: 5'0"
Circumstances: Left her apartment (Azalea Park) at 1 am on Monday, August 24, 2020. The Radcliff Police Department released a statement that she was last seen wearing a blue jacket with a crest on the right front area. She may have also possessed a pair of glasses.
*NOTES: Height is slightly off, and Rosalyn has curly hair. The nose also doesn't quite match (could also be the angle of the photo) but the jawline looks close. Rosalyn also disappeared from KY, and I'm not sure whether the timeline matches, but it seems she had a plan when she ran away so it's possible she had transportation lined up before she left.
77029_146358 (1).jpg77379_387100.jpg

Joseline Mendoza-Lopez
DLC: August 23, 2020
Missing from: Grand Prairie, TX
Missing Age: 14
Height: 5'1"
Circumstances: Runaway
*NOTES: Joseline's brow bone looks slightly higher than the UID's but that could be due to the angle and/or Joseline plucking her brows to have a higher arch. Height matches, but the jawline looks off. The nose looks pretty close to the UID's.
77029_146358 (1).jpg87795_413428.jpg

Evie Camacho
DLC: January 28, 2020
Missing from: Tyler, TX
Height: 5'1"-5'10"
*NOTES: Evie's eyebrows looks slightly thinner and shorter than the UID, but that could be due to plucking/tweezing. The nose and jawline are very close to the UID's and the lips also resemble the UID's (although not exact). Evie's eyes don't appear to be as large or as down-turned as the UID's.
77029_146358 (1).jpg91150_425144.png

Victoria Amairani Marquina
DLC: October 6, 2019
Missing from: Sutter Creek, CA
Missing Age: 16
*NOTES: The angle of Victoria's photo makes it harder to compare her with the UID, but the jawline and nose appear to match. The position of the brow bone also appears to align with the UID's, although Victoria's brows are heavily lined and filled in, so it is difficult to determine their natural shape.
77029_146358 (1).jpg84456_414883.png

This case can be added to Doe next year. Unidentified cases have to be over 3 years and missing persons over 10 years. You can still submit a potential match even if a case isn't listed on Doe. When the form asks for a Doe case number, leave it blank.

Rosalyn Velazquez
DLC: August 24, 2020
Missing from: Radcliff, KY
Missing Age: 15-17
Circumstances: Left her apartment (Azalea Park) at 1 am on Monday, August 24, 2020. The Radcliff Police Department released a statement that she was last seen wearing a blue jacket with a crest on the right front area. She may have also possessed a pair of glasses.
*NOTES: Height is slightly off, and Rosalyn has curly hair. The nose also doesn't quite match (could also be the angle of the photo) but the jawline looks close. Rosalyn also disappeared from KY, and I'm not sure whether the timeline matches, but it seems she had a plan when she ran away so it's possible she had transportation lined up before she left.
View attachment 347196View attachment 347197

Joseline Mendoza-Lopez
DLC: August 23, 2020
Missing from: Grand Prairie, TX
Height: 5'1"
Circumstances: Runaway
*NOTES: Joseline's brow bone looks slightly higher than the UID's but that could be due to the angle and/or Joseline plucking her brows to have a higher arch. Height matches, but the jawline looks off. The nose looks pretty close to the UID's.
View attachment 347196View attachment 347199

Evie Camacho
DLC: January 28, 2020
Missing from: Tyler, TX
Height: 5'1"-5'10"
*NOTES: Evie's eyebrows looks slightly thinner and shorter than the UID, but that could be due to plucking/tweezing. The nose and jawline are very close to the UID's and the lips also resemble the UID's (although not exact). Evie's eyes don't appear to be as large or as down-turned as the UID's.
View attachment 347196View attachment 347204

Victoria Amairani Marquina
DLC: October 6, 2019
Missing from: Sutter Creek, CA
Missing Age: 16
*NOTES: The angle of Victoria's photo makes it harder to compare her with the UID, but the jawline and nose appear to match. The position of the brow bone also appears to align with the UID's, although Victoria's brows are heavily lined and filled in, so it is difficult to determine their natural shape.
View attachment 347196View attachment 347205

More pictures of Victoria and her missing circumstances. Victoria Amairani Marquina – The Charley Project

1657098014767.png

Forgive me if this has been discussed, it's been a while. Could the black robe be attributed to the nearby monastery?
View attachment 353046
I doubt it, from the photos it looks like a super cheap Spirit Halloween-bought costume. I wouldn’t be surprised if this case is tied to an early Halloween party in some capacity.

4 Missing Person Exclusions listed in NamUs:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #Riley Amaro
Date of Last ContactAugust 18, 2020
StateCA
CountyLos Angeles

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP56874Karlie Guse'
Date of Last ContactOctober 13, 2018
StateCA
CountyMono

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP55257Serenity Dennard
Date of Last ContactFebruary 03, 2019
StateSD
CountyPennington

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP60464Alicia Navarro
Date of Last ContactSeptember 15, 2019
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa
Results

I doubt it, from the photos it looks like a super cheap Spirit Halloween-bought costume. I wouldn’t be surprised if this case is tied to an early Halloween party in some capacity.
Agreed 100%

Leanna Rae Ball went missing 10 days before UID was found. There are slight differences but also some similar features. She is not listed as a rule out.

View attachment 353343View attachment 353345

Wow, the face resemblances are strong, and the timeline adds up nicely. Tho Leanna's is older than the oldest estimated age (but not that much) and isn't local to AZ by far.

The lead is worthy, nonetheless.

Last edited:
I have a question, have you tried to upload the DNA of Artesia Jane Doe to GEDmatch? maybe it could help you in this case.

I have a question, have you tried to upload the DNA of Artesia Jane Doe to GEDmatch? maybe it could help you in this case.

The DNA format that LE uses is significantly different than the format used by GedMatch, Ancestry, and 23&Me.

Also, privacy regulations vary by jurisdiction. This would not be legally possible in all locations.

If LE asks, any one of the commercial companies can attempt to extract DNA from remains & then work to establish family relationships using the available databases.

Othram was invited to this thread, I don't know anything further.

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back