CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle & uniform, 22 killed (plus perp), Portapique, NS, 18 April 2020 #3

“RCMP officers privately warned their loved ones that a killer was on the loose, but didn’t warn the broader public…​

…“I get a text message from a friend at 11:25 telling me of the direction to stay inside and lock doors, and that there was an active shooter in the area,” said McCulloch. “She received a call from a friend of hers who had family who were RCMP members, and they conveyed a private alert to their loved ones.”

“So that’s how I learned of the mass casualty event — not through Twitter, not through Facebook, not through Alert Ready, but because I was lucky to have a friend who had a member of the RCMP as a family member, who was alerting their loved ones.”

Right after this happened I posted here that my neighbour knocked on my door hours after the shootings and fires started to advise me. The warning originated from my (now deceased) neighbour. His son is an RCMP officer who was working that night.

I wondered when they’d mention that many of us had an idea that something terrible was happening but couldn’t find official confirmation.

My first post about that nights out word spreading—

I read about Gabriel Wortman and he is a textbook example of an injustice collector. A common characteristic of mass killers, school shooters, terrorists, abusers, and bullies. They range from Lori Drew, Gertrude Baniszewski, Jodi Arias, Elliot Rodger, Payton Gendron, Eric Harris, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Omar Mateen, Stephen Paddock, Jim Jones, and Osama bin Laden.

“….Laura Snowdon, commission counsel, said Monday that details of the gunman's upbringing were not intended to create sympathy for him, or "excuse or explain the horrific acts that he went on to commit."

"There are many people who witness or experience violence and abuse as children who do not go on to perpetrate mass casualty events," Snowdon said.

Instead, she said the topic was important when considering the broader causes and context that gave rise to the rampage….”

Holy begebbers, this guy was a ticking time bomb. At the very end of the lengthy article it says LB is expected to testify on Friday.

“The man who killed 22 people in Nova Scotia in April 2020 had a history of violence in the decades before his final rampage, inflicting assaults and harassment on strangers, employees, and patients alike.

New documents released by the Mass Casualty Commission leading the public inquiry examining the killings on April 18 and 19, 2020, show Gabriel Wortman had a pattern of intimidating, beating, stalking and berating anyone who offended him.

In interviews with police after the shootings, dozens of people going as far back as a woman he dated briefly after high school in 1986 describe him in terms including "creepy," "violent," "deranged," and "obsessive."

Women who worked for him, or were patients at his denture clinic, repeatedly told investigators he made them uncomfortable, and men cited his dangerous temper and extreme rage as intimidating enough to prevent them reporting physical violence…..”

“….Laura Snowdon, commission counsel, said Monday that details of the gunman's upbringing were not intended to create sympathy for him, or "excuse or explain the horrific acts that he went on to commit."

"There are many people who witness or experience violence and abuse as children who do not go on to perpetrate mass casualty events," Snowdon said.

Instead, she said the topic was important when considering the broader causes and context that gave rise to the rampage….”
Holy begebbers, this guy was a ticking time bomb. At the very end of the lengthy article it says LB is expected to testify on Friday.

“The man who killed 22 people in Nova Scotia in April 2020 had a history of violence in the decades before his final rampage, inflicting assaults and harassment on strangers, employees, and patients alike.

New documents released by the Mass Casualty Commission leading the public inquiry examining the killings on April 18 and 19, 2020, show Gabriel Wortman had a pattern of intimidating, beating, stalking and berating anyone who offended him.

In interviews with police after the shootings, dozens of people going as far back as a woman he dated briefly after high school in 1986 describe him in terms including "creepy," "violent," "deranged," and "obsessive."

Women who worked for him, or were patients at his denture clinic, repeatedly told investigators he made them uncomfortable, and men cited his dangerous temper and extreme rage as intimidating enough to prevent them reporting physical violence…..”

both of those articles are shocking in their detail but the content is sort of expected if that makes any sense

both of those articles are shocking in their detail but the content is sort of expected if that makes any sense
Kind of. You can watch the video of her doing the reenactment with RCMP officer (4 videos) of the day/night she escaped. it was done 6 months after and her trauma is obvious. She has been diagnosed with severe PTSD.

I can link if anyone wants to watch? it’s chilling .

Kind of. You can watch the video of her doing the reenactment with RCMP officer (4 videos) of the day/night she escaped. it was done 6 months after and her trauma is obvious. She has been diagnosed with severe PTSD.

I can link if anyone wants to watch? it’s chilling .

is it from an approved source? if it's a police video, for sure I'm interested ... I didn't have much sympathy for her in the beginning but now I can totally understand why she hid in the woods all night

actually I think I saw one earlier on or at least a clip of one

is it from an approved source? if it's a police video, for sure I'm interested ... I didn't have much sympathy for her in the beginning but now I can totally understand why she hid in the woods all night

actually I think I saw one earlier on or at least a clip of one
The videos are from the Mass Casualty Commission, so legit. Ithink the four are linked here:

Mountie’s account of probe of domestic abuse by N.S. mass killer facing questions​

The public inquiry’s summary of violence against Banfield says that after the 2020 rampage, there was an internal RCMP investigation into how Forbes’ complaint was handled, and that investigation largely accepted Maxwell’s version of events. In addition, it noted the detachment where Maxwell worked had “purged” the records of the complaint from its system.

Is It Time To Remake The RCMP

The Bridge with Peter Mansbridge

Episode Description

Last week the Commissioner of the RCMP said she would not seek a reappointment to the Mountie's top job, so the question becomes should a new Commissioner begin rebuilding the force?

One person who thinks so is the sometimes controversial author Paul Palango who wrote the highly successful book, 22 Murders, claiming how the Mounties botched the investigation into the brutal killings of 22 people in Nova Scotia in 2020. Paul is our guest today.

22 Murders: Investigating the Massacres, Cover-up and Obstacles to Justice in Nova Scotia Paperback – April 12 2022

by Paul Palango (Author)
#1 NATIONAL BESTSELLER

A shocking exposé of the deadliest killing spree in Canadian history, and how police tragically failed its victims and survivors.

As news broke of a killer rampaging across the tiny community of Portapique, Nova Scotia, late on April 18, 2020, details were oddly hard to come by. Who was the killer? Why was he not apprehended? What were police doing? How many were dead? And why was the gunman still on the loose the next morning and killing again? The RCMP was largely silent then, and continued to obscure the actions of denturist Gabriel Wortman after an officer shot and killed him at a gas station during a chance encounter.

Though retired as an investigative journalist and author, Paul Palango spent much of his career reporting on Canada’s troubled national police force. Watching the RCMP stumble through the Portapique massacre, only a few hours from his Nova Scotia home, Palango knew the story behind the headlines was more complicated and damning than anyone was willing to admit. With the COVID-19 lockdown sealing off the Maritimes, no journalist in the province knew the RCMP better than Palango did. Within a month, he was back in print and on the radio, peeling away the layers of this murderous episode as only he could, and unearthing the collision of failure and malfeasance that cost a quiet community 22 innocent lives.

Charges against spouse of Nova Scotia mass killer were 'lawful,' Crown says

Federal lawyers file statement of defence rejecting Lisa Banfield's accusation of malicious prosecution

'Lawful, reasonable and just'

"Canada denies that the RCMP instigated a baseless investigation into the plaintiff's involvement in the mass casualty," reads the court document filed Jan. 31. "It was lawful, reasonable and just for the RCMP to investigate how the perpetrator acquired the firearms, associated equipment and ammunition to carry out the mass casualty."

Awful. They're saying it was a suicide.

It just guts me that this guy is dead and that he was doing so badly and that he didn't get whatever help he needed. He seems such an important part of the story. This is a casual interview with him:

It just guts me that this guy is dead and that he was doing so badly and that he didn't get whatever help he needed. He seems such an important part of the story. This is a casual interview with him:

Yes if this wasn’t a cry out for help I don’t know what is.

Living here is a complete nightmare,” he told CTV News. “All I see is my friends that died, and fires, and SWAT teams and I don't even want to be here anymore.”

In addition to having difficulty selling his property, Joudrey said he was also under financial strain. He had been unable to work at his former forestry job for two years, and said his disability benefits through his employer would run out in early 2023.”

I’m shocked that it seems this $6.2 million fund didn’t provide any financial assistance to the residents of Portapique who survived. That‘s a terrible injustice as their lives would‘ve been as impacted as family members of the victims, maybe even more in different ways like Joudrey as an example.

“The organization administered the Stronger Together fund at the Nova Scotia government's request. It was decided that the money would go to surviving family members, but it wasn't as simple as splitting it equally, said Bill Lawlor, a director with the Red Cross in Atlantic Canada.

"Dividing the amount by 22 wouldn't necessarily serve the purpose of the fund nor the families," he said.…”

Yes if this wasn’t a cry out for help I don’t know what is.

Living here is a complete nightmare,” he told CTV News. “All I see is my friends that died, and fires, and SWAT teams and I don't even want to be here anymore.”

In addition to having difficulty selling his property, Joudrey said he was also under financial strain. He had been unable to work at his former forestry job for two years, and said his disability benefits through his employer would run out in early 2023.”

I’m shocked that it seems this $6.2 million fund didn’t provide any financial assistance to the residents of Portapique who survived. That‘s a terrible injustice as their lives would‘ve been as impacted as family members of the victims, maybe even more in different ways like Joudrey as an example.

“The organization administered the Stronger Together fund at the Nova Scotia government's request. It was decided that the money would go to surviving family members, but it wasn't as simple as splitting it equally, said Bill Lawlor, a director with the Red Cross in Atlantic Canada.

"Dividing the amount by 22 wouldn't necessarily serve the purpose of the fund nor the families," he said.…”
Yes, that seems so unjust and so unkind and uncompassionate.. he was so 'fortunate' to have survived, especially after someone bringing danger directly to his door, when he didn't even really know the couple well at all. And then.. everything everywhere is about the victims who died, and nothing at all about those who survived. You would think as a bare minimum, our government could've purchased the nearby properties if the residents no longer could stomach living there, and as a bare minimum, that our govt could have provided some kind of ongoing financial assistance, if they were unable to function in a job.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back