UK - Gaia Pope, 19, found deceased, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #2

A teenager whose disappearance sparked a major police inquiry may have called the emergency services several times on the day she vanished, an inquest has heard.

Knowledge of the calls has only emerged in a statement from an anonymous Dorset Police whistleblower to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC), which is investigating the force’s response to the initial missing person inquiry.

The hearing in Bournemouth heard the identity of the officer – called Officer X – is currently only known to the coroner and the IOPC [...]

“If Officer X is to be believed, there is evidence of two items or documentation that have not been provided to me that could be very relevant to this inquest. [...]

A further pre-inquest hearing will take place in February, with the jury inquest due to begin on April 25 next year.

more at link

Whistleblower says missing teenager called police on day she vanished – inquest

I was always extremely suspicious of the official outcome of Gaia’s disappearance. It smells like a cover up to me.

It reminds me of Shannan Gilbert, the suspected Long Island serial killer victim. She was at a doctor’s house, crying on the phone to 911 for 20 minutes, saying that they were going to kill her. Apart from that description, the police have never released the contents or recording of that call. Shannan’s naked skeleton was found some time later, with only the hyoid bone missing. They decided that she wasn’t murdered, she just went crazy (like Gaia) and ran out of her clothes and somehow just died (like Gaia).

i really dont understand how or why the coroner has told the jury not to take into account the mistakes made my dorset police. The police really failed Gaia and her family. Its really shocked me hearing all the mistakes that were made. If they cannot take them into account what was the point in having this inquiry?

Coroner Rachael Griffin told the jury not to consider the accepted police failings as contributory factors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back