Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
I with you 100% on taking any booster available to me. I'm 62 and also have an underlying condition (asthma) for which I take daily medication. I wear my mask whenever I'm out. I'm never the only one in any indoor space here in So Cal that has a mask on (I'd say about 30% still wear masks indoors in my community). I'm thankful for that as it doesn't make it uncomfortable at all but even if no one wore a mask, I still would.

I have asthma too (didn’t have it prior to getting COVID) and take an inhaler daily. I’m still masking whenever I go out and at work. I getting my second booster next week. I’m not messing around!

Interesting! I remember reading months ago about people using a single nasal swab to swab both throat and nose to get more accurate Covid test results, although the FDA says don't do it. Here's one article: Coronavirus FAQ: Why are some folks hacking home COVID tests by swabbing their throat?

Seems to me we should have combined swabs available in the U.S. But if more and more people aren't bothering to test at all, maybe it's not going to happen.

I swab both my throat and nose. For a while, my province suggested to swab both and I’ve just continued to do it.

I swab my throat first and then do my nose with the same swab.

I swab both my throat and nose. For a while, my province suggested to swab both and I’ve just continued to do it.

I swab my throat first and then do my nose with the same swab.

If you can have different levels of the virus in your nose, throat and saliva, wouldn't that raise the possibility of placing more of the virus in your nose, if your throat had the stronger infection?

If you can have different levels of the virus in your nose, throat and saliva, wouldn't that raise the possibility of placing more of the virus in your nose, if your throat had the stronger infection?

No idea.
We were just told to swab both.
Those who’ve had COVID and are also vaxxed tend to have a lower viral load in their bodies and by swabbing both, there’s a better chance of picking up the infection.

When I super sick in May, I was testing myself every second day using this method and I still tested negative.

Hi All,
My friend & counselor, TJ, has had COVID for 2 weeks; he's going into the hospital today. Any healing energy and/or prayers would be much appreciated. (Mods, please move if this is not in an appropriate thread),
Thank you!

And they wonder why the Covid cases are climbing.
Sadly I think it is because employers never suffered any significant (or any?) liability from workplace based infections. JMO.

Edit to clarify: I don't mean that there should've been lawsuits but just that there is no high value incentive for continuing all the admittedly expensive mitigations in place compared to just having an employee take sick leave.

Hi All,
My friend & counselor, TJ, has had COVID for 2 weeks; he's going into the hospital today. Any healing energy and/or prayers would be much appreciated. (Mods, please move if this is not in an appropriate thread),
Thank you!

I am sorry to hear about your friend and will hope your friend will make a full recovery. so many people are now contracting Covid--- it blows my mind that we are still in the midst of this pandemic after two years!!!!

Coronavirus spike protein activated natural immune …

JULY 25, 2022

Coronavirus spike protein activated natural immune response, damaged heart muscle cells​

Heart damage is common among patients hospitalized with COVID-19, leading many to wonder how the virus affects the heart. Now, researchers have found that the spike protein from the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) virus can lead to heart muscle injury through the inflammatory process, according to preliminary research to be presented at the American Heart Association's Basic Cardiovascular Sciences Scientific Sessions 2022. The meeting, held in Chicago on July 25-28, offers the latest research on basic and translational cardiovascular science.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Thank you!
Hoping your friend recovers quickly.

Attachments

• 9DC1CDFB-FCD9-4F66-A75B-27C4039BBDD0.jpeg
    9DC1CDFB-FCD9-4F66-A75B-27C4039BBDD0.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 2
I am on a mission to preserve the most valuable item in my home: my fiancé, who has never had COVID. Through sheer luck and a healthy dose of terror, he made it through the first pandemic year without getting sick. Shielded by the J&J vaccine and a Moderna booster, he dodged infection when I fell ill last November and coughed up the coronavirus all over our cramped New York City apartment. Somehow, he ducked the Omicron wave over the winter, when it seemed as though everyone was getting sick. And in the past few months, he has emerged unscathed from crowded weddings, indoor dinners, and flights across the country.

At this point, I worry about how much longer it’s going to last. People like him—I think of them as “COVID virgins”—are becoming a rare breed. Just yesterday, President Joe Biden thinned their ranks by one more person. The Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation suggests that as of earlier this month, 82 percent of Americans have been infected with the coronavirus at least once. Some of those people might still think they’re never had the virus: Asymptomatic infections happen, and mild symptoms are sometimes brushed off as allergies or a cold. Now that we’re battling BA.5, the most contagious and vaccine-dodging Omicron offshoot yet, many people are facing their second, third, or even fourth infections. That reality can make it feel like the stragglers who have evaded infection for two and a half years are destined to fall sick sooner rather than later. At this point, are COVID virgins nothing more than sitting ducks?...

Coronavirus spike protein activated natural immune …

JULY 25, 2022

Coronavirus spike protein activated natural immune response, damaged heart muscle cells​

Heart damage is common among patients hospitalized with COVID-19, leading many to wonder how the virus affects the heart. Now, researchers have found that the spike protein from the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) virus can lead to heart muscle injury through the inflammatory process, according to preliminary research to be presented at the American Heart Association's Basic Cardiovascular Sciences Scientific Sessions 2022. The meeting, held in Chicago on July 25-28, offers the latest research on basic and translational cardiovascular science.
The damage this virus does to organ systems, including the heart, make it so evil--- it isn't bad enough just to cause respiratory issues- no--- this nasty evil virus has the capability to cause heart damage. I am not familiar with other coronaviruses- has there ever been any prior coronavirus do this much damage?

Hi All,
Thank you!

Sending healing thoughts to TJ ❤️
Hope he recovers soon!

I am on a mission to preserve the most valuable item in my home: my fiancé, who has never had COVID. Through sheer luck and a healthy dose of terror, he made it through the first pandemic year without getting sick. Shielded by the J&J vaccine and a Moderna booster, he dodged infection when I fell ill last November and coughed up the coronavirus all over our cramped New York City apartment. Somehow, he ducked the Omicron wave over the winter, when it seemed as though everyone was getting sick. And in the past few months, he has emerged unscathed from crowded weddings, indoor dinners, and flights across the country.

At this point, I worry about how much longer it’s going to last. People like him—I think of them as “COVID virgins”—are becoming a rare breed. Just yesterday, President Joe Biden thinned their ranks by one more person. The Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation suggests that as of earlier this month, 82 percent of Americans have been infected with the coronavirus at least once. Some of those people might still think they’re never had the virus: Asymptomatic infections happen, and mild symptoms are sometimes brushed off as allergies or a cold. Now that we’re battling BA.5, the most contagious and vaccine-dodging Omicron offshoot yet, many people are facing their second, third, or even fourth infections. That reality can make it feel like the stragglers who have evaded infection for two and a half years are destined to fall sick sooner rather than later. At this point, are COVID virgins nothing more than sitting ducks?...
I personally think their days are numbered! I has two vaccinations and one booster, got Covid.I have since had second booster in April. I feel like I could get it again before I get THIRD booster in October.

IMO, if he wants to retain his Covid virginity, he'd be much better off skipping the crowded weddings and indoor dinners. If he flies, I wonder if he still masks up.

I'm a Covid virgin, as well, but I do my best to always wear what amounts to a Covid chastity belt. I'm still living like it's 2020 but with four vaccines/boosters.

I hope to stay a virgin but my masks are my chastity belt, along with not going indoors if I'd have to remove them.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member