TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess many posters have encountered a CS in their own lives. It’s adding twists to the story! Personally, I’m not certain I’d put much blame on him, wanting to place it fully on the person who pulled the trigger. If he had a history of stirring people up, that might change my mind a bit. But it’s interesting to see other perspectives on “blame”.
CS went about this in the wrong way. However, IMO KA is solely to blame. She reportedly pulled the trigger - not one, not two, but THREE times. She should have dumped him and moved on. Instead she took it out on poor Mo.

All MOO.

I would guess many posters have encountered a CS in their own lives. It’s adding twists to the story! Personally, I’m not certain I’d put much blame on him, wanting to place it fully on the person who pulled the trigger. If he had a history of stirring people up, that might change my mind a bit. But it’s interesting to see other perspectives on “blame”.
I can’t wrap my mind around the fact that he lied to LE about knowing Mo to begin with. What was he trying to hide from LE by denying he even knew Mo? Who does that? Not a completely innocent person.

Yes, that was a really extreme lie. He had just been with her and dropped her off.
I can’t think of ANY reason why he would lie about that. At first I thought maybe he lied because he felt uncomfortable and he was being questioned in front of KA, but then I remembered KA obviously knew about the relationship because she not only confronted Mo, but also tried to put the quaheetas on contact between the two, so there was no reason to lie to LE in front of KA to protect himself from KA’s wrath. Why on Earth would he lie?

I can’t think of ANY reason why he would lie about that. At first I thought maybe he lied because he felt uncomfortable and he was being questioned in front of KA, but then I remembered KA obviously knew about the relationship because she not only confronted Mo, but also tried to put the quaheetas on contact between the two, so there was no reason to lie to LE in front of KA to protect himself from KA’s wrath. Why on Earth would he lie?
I hope they have reason to scrutinize him more closely in the near future. From what I’ve read, they seem to be planning to…

I think when they get CS on the stand during KA's trial, we'll see more than a person without a backbone, we'll see a pathological liar being confronted with his many lies and deceptions related to the love triangle he created and it won't be pretty. He doesn't appear to respond well to situations where he is confronted with the truth, with facts, and unless the prosecution practices his responses over and over and over with him, his testimony will be abysmal, or worse.

CS went about this in the wrong way. However, IMO KA is solely to blame. She reportedly pulled the trigger - not one, not two, but THREE times. She should have dumped him and moved on. Instead she took it out on poor Mo.

All MOO.
Very true @Mrspratcher! KA turned her focus on the wrong individual here.

IMO, the only reason KA confronted MW or "warned her off" instead of confronting CS was that dealing solely with her betrayer, CS, would have required her to act and/or move on.
I don't think she wanted to acknowledge she was in a toxic relationship.

At KA/CS's age, did KA really think blocking women on CS's phone was going to fix the fact that CS only felt inertia responsible from the couple still together? Nope. I think KA's actions then and now were about manipulation, control, and revenge. JMO

Experts seem to agree that unless the "other man/woman"
was a close friend or relative, then it becomes necessary to address him or her directly because you'll likely continue to have contact with that person. Otherwise --a resounding No!

Maybe he's a lying lier who lies? Both he & our perp seem to have character issues. Of course, only one is charged with murder!

I think when they get CS on the stand during KA's trial, we'll see more than a person without a backbone, we'll see a pathological liar being confronted with his many lies and deceptions related to the love triangle he created and it won't be pretty. He doesn't appear to respond well to situations where he is confronted with the truth, with facts, and unless the prosecution practices his responses over and over and over with him, his testimony will be abysmal, or worse.
Yep. He might want to be out "recovering from COVID" that day! JMO

Very true @Mrspratcher! KA turned her focus on the wrong individual here.

IMO, the only reason KA confronted MW or "warned her off" instead of confronting CS was that dealing solely with her betrayer, CS, would have required her to act and/or move on.
I don't think she wanted to acknowledge she was in a toxic relationship.

At KA/CS's age, did KA really think blocking women on CS's phone was going to fix the fact that CS only felt inertia responsible from the couple still together? Nope. I think KA's actions then and now were about manipulation, control, and revenge. JMO

Experts seem to agree that unless the "other man/woman"
was a close friend or relative, then it becomes necessary to address him or her directly because you'll likely continue to have contact with that person. Otherwise --a resounding No!

Thanks for the link to the case @Seattle1

Re your last sentence - I am not up to speed with the case yet, so simply note, that the stalky behaviour of KA is a big red flag for intimate partner violence.

This case seems to be an unusual twist on some common tropes!

Was he questioned in front of KA? Not disputing, just confirming. If so, I agree, it’s even crazier that he would lie about even knowing MW, unless he was protecting KA. Why not say yes, I know her - we dated briefly, and had moved to being platonic friends / fellow cyclists.

jmo

Thanks for the link to the case @Seattle1

Re your last sentence - I am not up to speed with the case yet, so simply note, that the stalky behaviour of KA is a big red flag for intimate partner violence.

This case seems to be an unusual twist on some common tropes!
Good to see you here @mrjitty!

IMO, KA was definitely stalking MW. In addition to following MW on SM, KA was allegedly seen on surveillance riding past the guest home (crime scene) on May 10 -- the very day MW arrived in Austin! I expect we will hear similar accounts about KA's possessive, controlling behavior from prior partners. JMO

Throughout this thread, I have been interested by the discussion of CS’s role in the whole affair (pun intended!). Once again, WS reminds me that we all have wildly different expectations and interpretations of the same behavior.

While IMO, CS would be a pretty solid candidate for ‘worst boyfriend of the year’ - its very interesting to me that others (if I understand their posts properly) veer into the idea of CS as instigator / perhaps mildly culpable. For me, this just isn’t the case.

IMO, KA’s response was miles beyond proportional to any harm done to her by CS (let alone Mo!)

Was he questioned in front of KA? Not disputing, just confirming. If so, I agree, it’s even crazier that he would lie about even knowing MW, unless he was protecting KA. Why not say yes, I know her - we dated briefly, and had moved to being platonic friends / fellow cyclists.

jmo
From warrant discussions in MSM, we know authorities were surveilling the residence KA/CS shared before approaching CS where they observed KA making numerous trips from the house to the Jeep parked in the driveway.

I suspect KA was home when police approached CS sometime around 9 AM on Thursday, 5/12. Perhaps why he was not hesitant to travel to the APD homicide office where he'd be more comfortable speaking freely with detectives. Imagine being more comfortable at the police dept than at home?! -- I'd say that's telling about the tension and volatility here. MOO

Throughout this thread, I have been interested by the discussion of CS’s role in the whole affair (pun intended!). Once again, WS reminds me that we all have wildly different expectations and interpretations of the same behavior.

While IMO, CS would be a pretty solid candidate for ‘worst boyfriend of the year’ - its very interesting to me that others (if I understand their posts properly) veer into the idea of CS as instigator / perhaps mildly culpable. For me, this just isn’t the case.

IMO, KA’s response was miles beyond proportional to any harm done to her by CS (let alone Mo!)
Agree! IMO CS is just the world’s worst partner. But that doesn’t make him responsible for Mo’s death.

Maybe CS never knew that KA knew about MW. So he wasn't going to volunteer to LE (assuming he was asked in front of KA) that he knew MW and had spent the day with her!

I believe HE believed KA didn't know who AW was, where she lived, OR that CS had an ongoing relationship with her, how ever it was defined.

Guessing CS thought his texting covers were clever and held up.

I wonder which moment he realized that the gun from his house, the girlfriend from his house murdered the girl he thought he spent the evening with, in secret successfully.

That had to be a very bad moment.

And also death to inertia.

JMO

Just to be clear incase anyone has misinterpreted my posts. I do not think CS killed Mo, but I certainly do not understand ANY of his behavior, especially the lies he told to police. That to me is beyond “worst boyfriend ever award”. It speaks to his character. In my world, and in my upbringing …people who lie to this extent have extreme character flaws. Dishonesty to this extreme doesn’t get a pass from me. If he is willingly able to lie to police in a murder case, what else is he capable of? JMO

Maybe CS never knew that KA knew about MW. So he wasn't going to volunteer to LE (assuming he was asked in front of KA) that he knew MW and had spent the day with her!

I believe HE believed KA didn't know who AW was, where she lived, OR that CS had an ongoing relationship with her, how ever it was defined.

Guessing CS thought his texting covers were clever and held up.

I wonder which moment he realized that the gun from his house, the girlfriend from his house murdered the girl he thought he spent the evening with, in secret successfully.

That had to be a very bad moment.

And also death to inertia.

JMO
Thing is, KA had contacted MW and asked her to stay away. Would MW not have told CS about those interactions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle