Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w prejudice* #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Barry pays big dollars to have his hair look that way. He looks like almost every 18 year old on the streets. That’s what he wants to be: young, hot and with those “young, hot Salida girls”everywhere. Don’t you know every grown man with daughters in Salida has heartburn knowing Barry walks the streets?

In his defense, I have to say I have seen women my age (old) trying to look like young hot girls too. Somehow they can’t see how ridiculous they look. Some people just never grow up.
He looked like he had just rolled out of bed after a hot night. He hasn't aged well. Looks like he's in his mid 70's. Those young Salida girls will do him in. Or is it Denver girls now.

I see older women trying to look like 18 year olds where I live, and I live in a nice area in South Carolina. It's the Bible Belt and you'd think...but nooo. I'm old, too. :)

It's important that no one gives up on this case - it's part of an epidemic.

"Everyday in the US, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends.

Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten.

Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women—more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined.

Nearly 1 in 5 teenage girls who have been in a relationship said a boyfriend threatened violence or self-harm if presented with a breakup.

Men who as children witnessed their parents’ domestic violence were twice as likely to abuse their own wives than sons of nonviolent parents.

Ninety-two percent of women surveyed listed reducing domestic violence and sexual assault as their top concern."

Domestic Violence Statistics.

Here are the sobering facts for Colorado (for your state, click here).

36.8% of Colorado women and 30.5% of Colorado men experience intimate partner physical violence, intimate partner sexual violence and/or intimate partner stalking in their lives.

• 32 Coloradans were killed by former or current intimate partners in 2018; almost 2/3 of those were killed using firearms.

• 15% of homicides in Colorado were committed by intimate partners.

• A 2019 survey of 88% of Colorado domestic violence programs found that on the day of the survey,
participating programs reported serving 1,221 adults and children; on that same day, 269 needs were unmet
due to lack of resources.

• Approximately 233,000 Colorado women are stalked during their lifetimes.

Lets not overlook the fact that Barry received a year of "supervised" probation. That should provide some constraints on his movements, at least in creating an inconvenience. If he fails to comply with the supervision...he could end up back in the courtroom, and jeopardize the "deferred" component of his sentence. A year is a long time for someone like Barry to follow somebody else's rules.

Lets not overlook the fact that Barry received a year of "supervised" probation. That should provide some constraints on his movements, at least in creating an inconvenience. If he fails to comply with the supervision...he could end up back in the courtroom, and jeopardize the "deferred" component of his sentence. A year is a long time for someone like Barry to follow somebody else's rules.
I'm not so sure about that wish. He seemed to manage fine when he was out on bond and that required even more strict protocols of driving everyday to download data from his monitoring ankle bracelet. He was smart enough to know not to go get his package at his old house and send someone else and he showed up where and when he was suppose to for court activities. He stayed away from the people that were in the PPO. I personally think he won't make waves this year for the legal system. I don't think he will blow off 32 hours of community service. We also don't know the conditions yet that were put on this year or how often he has to check in with probation ..I'm guessing once a month or twice a month max but we really don't know. I have no idea what kinds of things are going on behind the scenes in Chaffee County but I can guess they are working on reshaping the case and trying to plug the holes from the first attempt. I also think some people underestimate his intelligence and think his Indiana accent and reticence sounds redneck dumb which is a big mistake in my opinion. We only know what we know and we don't know if they have anything we don't know. I happen to be one that thinks they won't make a move unless they have something new or they rebuild the case around what they now know will fly in court. And my guess is they will take their time if they don't find Suzanne to get the support and the strategic analysis they need that was missing in the first attempt. There are several judges and prosecutors that know this case now in Chaffee county. My personal prediction and guess is he will work his butt off if he can and conserve as much money as he can in case he has to put up another defense and keep a low profile.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about that wish. He seemed to manage fine when he was out on bond and that required even more strict protocols of driving everyday to download data from his monitoring ankle bracelet.
^^rsbm

I agree @Scootie98. IMO, there's no comparing Chaffee County's population, demographic, or BM's life wearing an ankle monitor where 90% know all about you with the Denver Metro area at 2.97M people where BM will be just another Ford F250 with plenty like him competing for work and fighting road rage.

ITA, as well I suspect probation gives LE more latitude in tracking BM and his movements.

Wouldn't it be great if he returned to the scene of the crime (Suzanne's remains) and leads LE straight to her? Then LE arrests him right there on the spot, that leads to a new trial with a guilty verdict and he is put away for good..

I can dream, can't I?

JMO

Last edited:
ITA, as well I suspect probation gives LE more latitude in tracking BM and his movements.

Wouldn't it be great if he returned to the scene of the crime (Suzanne's remains) and leads LE straight to her? Then LE arrests him right there on the spot, that leads to a new trial with a guilty verdict and he is put away for good..

I can dream, can't I?

JMO
You're not dreaming. It could happen. Nice!

If he is moving to Denver, maybe there is hope that anyone in the Salida area will be more willing to talk to law enforcement without Barry's presence. I still think someone has information helpful to this case.

If he is moving to Denver, maybe there is hope that anyone in the Salida area will be more willing to talk to law enforcement without Barry's presence. I still think someone has information helpful to this case.
I believe people have talked to LE and given information and it will come out at trial. I’m waiting for a new trial and a new judge.

I believe people have talked to LE and given information and it will come out at trial. I’m waiting for a new trial and a new judge.
What is the saying? From your lips to God's ears or something like that. The "idea" that she was at high elevation buried under snow was abit much to believe fo me so hopefully there is someone who has new credible information to support a search warrant and a tip not included in the original 1600 or whatever huge number of tips they had.

Do prisons have push up contests? It must be living hell, not knowing when the arrest is coming. I think it will be soon. One thing is certain, the evidence is overwhelming against Barry "everybody else is cheating" Morphew!

Do prisons have push up contests? It must be living hell, not knowing when the arrest is coming. I think it will be soon. One thing is certain, the evidence is overwhelming against Barry "everybody else is cheating" Morphew!

This blessed quiet speaks loudly to me. I like to think Spezze himself is waiting on forensics.

I don't believe he's moving. His attorney likes to make representations that don't hold up. I do, however, believe the pressure may have his business in the vice. That last banner reads like a targeted message to one.

If Barry is moving, I wonder what he'll barry on his way out of town this time. The last of the turquoise totes?

JMO

This blessed quiet speaks loudly to me. I like to think Spezze himself is waiting on forensics.

I don't believe he's moving. His attorney likes to make representations that don't hold up. I do, however, believe the pressure may have his business in the vice. That last banner reads like a targeted message to one.

If Barry is moving, I wonder what he'll barry on his way out of town this time. The last of the turquoise totes?

JMO
I don't think anyone knows where he is staying but I've often thought it was not Chaffee County. So it was believable that he'd want to get his probation assigned to the Denver area somewhere.

Barry's moving to Denver. (Sure he is. I'll believe it when I see it. If he does, I wonder how often he'll borrow other vehicles and take accidental drives in and through Maysville to keep an eye on things.) But let's say he does. Moves to Denver.
:):cool:

At the end, Denver indeed comes into the play. We heard of Denver already at the beginning (when it turned out to be Broomfield).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson