Found Deceased Shana Alison DiMambro Last Seen 7/19/22- 7 AM in Her Home,100 block Mitchell Street, Spring Branch

New YouTube video from Mom Vickie,
and also Dad Brian is on this one.

Prayers for Shana and all loved ones.
:(
Thanks for posting this, Verdigris.

At [3:43] of the video, Vickie states that the question has come up that she is not Shana's mother. She goes on to say that she is her stepmother, but that she is her "mother." That, she says, doesn't change anything. In other words, she loves her unconditionally , as if she had given birth to Shana.

Shana's father, Brian DiMambro, says that Shana is his adopted daughter. And they both reaffirm that she is their daughter.

I agree. The love for a child by their parents is like no other. I'm sorry for their anguish. They ask for continued prayers for Shana's return.

Brian says that, if you see Shana, to call 911 first. Doing so will establish the time and exact location where she was seen. Then, he says, to call Chris [Chris Antos, Shana's husband] and the Comal County Sheriff's Office.

I wonder how safe the laundry room is? A couple of places where we have gone camping have recommended that women not stay in the laundry room alone because of assaults, both sexual and robbery. Apparently because with all the machines running, it's hard to hear anybody coming up behind you. Could she have gone over to the laundry room and been accosted there?

<modsnip> Also, I get the impression that Shana would NOT go away and leave that sweet dog. This is a small rv park, mobile park, or campground -- whatever you want to call it. People are parked close together here. Did anyone see or hear anything the night before?
Also: If she’s a smoker it’s very strange that she wouldn’t take her cigarettes, especially if she was upset or depressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how safe the laundry room is? A couple of places where we have gone camping have recommended that women not stay in the laundry room alone because of assaults, both sexual and robbery. Apparently because with all the machines running, it's hard to hear anybody coming up behind you. Could she have gone over to the laundry room and been accosted there?
It sounds possible, yes. Do they have cctv cameras in the laundry area, I hope??

To my thinking, a woman missing for a week who left car, cellphone, wallet cigarettes, dog behind must have met with foul play at the hands of another, or harmed herself. I guess that’s probably the general consensus with LE and family.

As stated I just discovered this case and am trying to find out all the details when I have bits of time.

<modsnip - casting suspicion on a non-suspect/POI >

So, to answer my own question as to why Chris Antos came home for lunch that day [Tues., 19 July 2022], he explains in the interview [at 1:44] that he works at Temperature Pro, in San Antonio, and that it is about a 40-45 minute drive from their home to his work.

At 2:34 of the interview, he says: "Ah, I came back. I had a job down the road, ah, that fell through, working on installing an air conditioner. Then, I had another sales call at 12 -- or at 2 o'clock -- in New Braunfels, so I had some time in between, so I came by here to check on her and (shrugs shoulders) just 'cause I had time to kill."

Here's a google map that shows his route that day from their home in Spring Branch, to his work in San Antonio, back to Spring Branch (home) and then to New Braunfels, where he was to have his sales call at 2 o'clock.

Here's the link to the video of his interview:

I too just found this case today, and have read all of the previous posts. I have nothing of value to add really, other than to back up another smoker's thought that a smoker isn't going to voluntarily go far without their cigarettes. I haven't smoked for years now, thankfully, but smoked for a good portion of my adult life, and would never be outside without my smokes. Many people, yes, even smokers, do not like everything in the house smelling like smoke, and especially if there is carpet or fabric upholstery in the home, or if it is relatively small quarters, as an RV would be, I would think that she may step outside to smoke, especially if her husband happens to not be a smoker. So a smoker is usually going to take their cigarettes if they are going outside for any length of time at all, imo.

The husband talked about her depression. Was she currently on any meds for depression, that we know of? I think if she left voluntarily, she either intended self-harm very soon after leaving, and not to be morbid, but I would think she would want the cliche' 'one last cigarette', and it seems she would have been found close to their RV by now, and the other thought is that she had some sort of mental break, and may have just walked away, with no thought or plan at all. The other possibility is that she met harm at someone else's hands...

I do hope that she will be found safely, but I do not have a good feeling about this. JMO

Last edited:
I too just found this case today, and have read all of the previous posts. I have nothing of value to add really, other than to back up another smoker's thought that a smoker isn't going to voluntarily go far without their cigarettes. I haven't smoked for years now, thankfully, but smoked for a good portion of my adult life, and would never be outside without my smokes. Many people, yes, even smokers, do not like everything in the house smelling like smoke, and especially if there is carpet or fabric upholstery in the home, or if it is relatively small quarters, as an RV would be, I would think that she may step outside to smoke, especially if her husband happens to not be a smoker. So a smoker is usually going to take their cigarettes if they are going outside for any length of time at all, imo.

The husband talked about her depression. Was she currently on any meds for depression, that we know of? I think if she left voluntarily, she either intended self-harm very soon after leaving, and not to be morbid, but I would think she would want the cliche' 'one last cigarette', and it seems she would have been found close to their RV by now, and the other thought is that she had some sort of mental break, and may have just walked away, with no thought or plan at all. The other possibility is that she met harm at someone else's hands...

I do hope that she will be found safely, but I do not have a good feeling about this. JMO
Yes, as a person who still (unfortunately despite many attempts at quitting ) smokes, (and also outside) I can say that if you’re upset or despairing you are definitely going to need that cigarette, even that “one last cigarette”.

My sense is that she died at the hands of another. I would wish she would be found alive, but it really doesn’t look good. I hope there is some kind of break soon. It’s sad that she left her dog, too. Just sad all around.

Outside of the evening conversation with some darkness and a morning of coffee, do we have confirmation of Shana's last known contact/confirmed sighting, independent of her spouse?

I'd like to know more about Shana, her habits, her interests, how she spends her time. Surely more than laundry.

Without evidence of foul play, how far can LE go, with warrants to delve into her cellphone? Because I'd think her phone might yield clues.

That she left her beloved dog behind worries me.

JMO

To my thinking, a woman missing for a week who left car, cellphone, wallet cigarettes, dog behind must have met with foul play at the hands of another, or harmed herself. I guess that’s probably the general consensus with LE and family.

As stated I just discovered this case and am trying to find out all the details when I have bits of time.

< modsnip>
Her being a homebody - her past could have plenty to do with that. This may be the first time she has had stability and relative peace. I imagine laundry must be done frequently living in an RV. Her smokes and water were outside, and the dog was there- I see why he called LE so quickly. ETA; It's hot; and Southerners tend to take their drink everywhere, just like their phone. I wonder if someone stopped under the guise of chatting, asking directions, etc. Her left behind phone was analyzed I am sure. I wish LE would say something!

Outside of the evening conversation with some darkness and a morning of coffee, do we have confirmation of Shana's last known contact/confirmed sighting, independent of her spouse?

I'd like to know more about Shana, her habits, her interests, how she spends her time. Surely more than laundry.

Without evidence of foul play, how far can LE go, with warrants to delve into her cellphone? Because I'd think her phone might yield clues.

That she left her beloved dog behind worries me.

JMO
I would imagine, if he pays the bill, or he's a co-owner, he could let them analyze the phone. I own our family plan, and have access to the text and call records for all the phones. I technically own the phones too. My husband and 1 son are Managers ( Verizon word), and could get access and authorize them to look at a phone as well. They would need a pretty convincing reason to get a warrant- as she is an adult and free to leave. They may have one- we don't know.

Her car was there too. eta; where do they get their mail? At the road? at the clubhouse? PO box?

Last edited:

Good to see you posting here!

Too many details on the immaterial things, case in point-

so when I left I noticed
1:06
um you know we had
1:08
I noticed some Sadness the night before
1:10
with Shayna and then uh Tuesday morning
1:12
I kind of knows the same thing but we
1:14
kind of got up uh pretty much a normal
1:16
morning we woke up we started moving
1:19
around she asked me what time it was I
1:21
told her 6 20. she got up she made
1:23
coffee she uh she asked me if I wanted
1:26
iced coffee and I said no just regular
1:28
coffee will be fine
1:30
and then uh
1:31
I just was walking out the door to go to
1:34
work and I just asked her if she would
1:35
do laundry that morning and I walked out
1:37
the door and noticed you know
1:40
the look of sadness in her eyes you know

He remembers it was 7:10 AM when he left the house? Talking about Shana's past that way? Wiping his Mom's butt? If she's under a tree? Why did he "just ask her to do laundry that morning"?

As another poster noted, lot's of talk about laundry, laundry basket, and the facility laundry room. It's the only time she gets out and does something? Makes me wonder if they had an argument about laundry that got of out control?

Maybe he's just nervous, but I'm not getting a great vibe on this one.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back