VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #14

I’m also pretty sure this is the very cleverest and best chess move Ben Chew, a brilliant man, could design for the situation.

Yes, from what I understand, IF (biggest fattest IF) she files an appeal (as suggested by her "notice to file" AND wins... then (because of Chews' counter-appeal) everything from previous trial would be considered - not just the parts she provides. I know I haven't explained this properly but maybe you understand my mumbo-jumbo and can clarify and/or correct. :)

Article​

Johnny Depp wanted to 'move on' from …

https://news.yahoo.com/johnny-depp-wanted-move...
Jul 23, 2022 ·

Johnny Depp wanted to ‘move on’ from Heard trial but fired back with his own appeal​

"The verdict speaks for itself, and Mr. Depp believes that this a time for both parties to move on with their lives and heal," a representative for Depp said in a statement provided to The Times. "But if Ms. Heard is determined to pursue further litigation by appealing the verdict, Mr. Depp is filing a concurrent appeal to ensure that the full record and all legal issues are considered by the Court of Appeal."

Heard made her intentions to appeal the verdict clear more than a month before she officially filed. Upon the "Aquaman" actor's official filing this week, Depp's team said they "remain confident in our case and that the verdict will stand." Depp did not previously express his intention to appeal the verdict before Friday.

Last edited:
I feel so sorry for AH’s little girl. I hope there is someone to keep an eye on her well-being in the midst of this chaos. :( At the very least I hope AH will pull herself together for the sake of her child, although I’m not optimistic because I don’t think she has that card in her deck.
JMO
Agree 100%
Scary to think of what she does when she loses it. She isn't done with JP. I think she has JA potential . jmo.
What is "JA Potential" please?

Probably referring to “Jody Arias”

Regarding the JA references, I have often thought that AH and JA were similar. Both of them had an unhealthy attachment to their perceived possessions. Both are obsessed with 'ME' and "mine". I would seriously like to somehow get JD's security team involved, to get them to do a 'sweep' in all of JD's residences for a potential 'doggy-door' entrance, both literally and figuratively. This woman (AH) is not going to back off....

Why do I find CV so impressive? She just expresses herself so concisely and with such class & confidence (imo). I truly think she's a rising star and wish her all the accolades with her career. I think she's a great advocate for her client, lots of empathy, but she also knows when to go straight for the jugular. A dynamite mix in a litigator.

No one seems to want to acknowledge the six years of vilification and career/reputation destroying JD was subjected to because of AH's very public claims of DA.AH had absolutely no problem with that, in fact, she confessed on the stand that she wrote the defaming Op Ed because she was pissed people still supported him. She admitted her malice!

And yet MSM still wants to sympathize with HER for finally having to face consequences for her actions.

I just...I still can't believe how the press is handling this. It's sadly eye-opening to see such media manipulation at work. Every few days I see a new hit piece published that is obviously a regurgitation of press releases from AH's PR team. When will this smear campaign end?

I have been given administrative permission to post this link to the Depp vs Heard documents which have officially been unsealed to the public. Andrea Burkhart is an attorney and has posted public links to all of the pertinent court documents here:

https://andreaburkhart.com/documents

Definitely some interesting stuff in there, especially regarding sanctions and motions in limine.

Why do I find CV so impressive? She just expresses herself so concisely and with such class & confidence (imo). I truly think she's a rising star and wish her all the accolades with her career. I think she's a great advocate for her client, lots of empathy, but she also knows when to go straight for the jugular. A dynamite mix in a litigator.
she has credited her demeanor to her parents. In one interview, she says her parents owned a hotel (chain? Not sure); but anyway, they lived in it like Eloise, and she said that she and her sister were raised to always be mannerly in the public eye, which I can only imagine must have been very cute to behold.

I have been given administrative permission to post this link to the Depp vs Heard documents which have officially been unsealed to the public. Andrea Burkhart is an attorney and has posted public links to all of the pertinent court documents here:

https://andreaburkhart.com/documents

Definitely some interesting stuff in there, especially regarding sanctions and motions in limine.
Ha, Andrea will love the motions ad limine - she's been waiting for them a long time!!

I imagine a nice breakdown thus will be forthcoming.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back