UK - Lilia Valutyte, 9, stabbed to death in Boston, Lincolnshire *ARRESTS*

Feels like the mother may have seen or knew who actually perpetrated this crime, maybe saw them leaving the scene?
The arrests have been very quick.

Really hope this does not turn out to be a sickening murder over a dispute over a small amount of money.

Shocked onlookers in saw three men being led away from an area outside a Victorian semi-detached house in Thorold Street, alongside Central Park in the town centre of Boston, Lincolnshire.
It's possible that these three had not seen the images or had any idea that someone else, who may have lived or had a connection to the address, had any involvement in Lillia's murder.

That Thorrold Street and Central Park are so close to Fountain Lane, where Lillia lost her life, is somewhat concerning in terms of the offenders mindset, if indeed the main arrested person is the offender. It would show a lack of awareness of what they had done or a complete lack of fear of being apprehended.

Last edited:
This is awful. How can anyone harm a child..
It's utterly tragic.

I know your question was rhetorical and not seeking an answer

All the people who commit atrocious crimes of violence were once children and sponges that absorbed all that they experienced. Some will have awful experiences in their formative years, from abuse, neglect and a lack of love and positive nurture.

Few will go on to commit awful crimes as they may have had at least one positive role model who cared. However, some will reach their late teens/early adulthood with a totally skewed way of thinking and at odds with the world, and through nature and/or nurture will be a serious risk to society.

Until there is a sustained and multi-faceted approach to ensuring ALL children receive what they need to flourish and to become well-rounded as they grow up, we will continue to see a trail of destruction. This would not prevent all such awful crimes, but it may lead to a considerably safer and less polarised society.

This does not excuse such a shocking crime. It merely addresses an early catalyst for such dreadful acts, later on.

MOO

THIS is the moment armed police hunting the killer of nine-year-old Lillia Valutyte arrested a man yesterday following a dramatic chase.

At least 20 cops converged on an address a stone’s throw from the spot where the little girl was killed with a single stab wound.

But the man they tried to detain bolted as they arrived — sparking a chase through gardens in Boston, Lincs, which ended when he was hunted down by a police drone.

One witness, antiques dealer Nedas Mikelionis, 24, told The Sun on Sunday: “The street was suddenly filled with police running everywhere.

“Five police cars arrived and at least 20 officers piled out including some who were armed.

“The guy they were after ran for it and police came pouring out of the house they had gone to and leapt in their cars to give chase.

Police are understood to have been acting on a tip-off when they arrived in Tunnard Street, Boston, at around 2.40pm yesterday.

The slim, unshaven suspect bolted through a garden, emerging from a property in adjacent Thorold St, where he was grabbed 200 yards from Thursday’s murder scene.

Wearing a black T-shirt, black Adidas tracksuit bottoms and trainers, he was pictured being put into a police car in handcuffs at 2.46pm.

Police said they were not looking for anyone else.

Another eye witness told The Sun on Sunday: “Locals say the arrested guy is eastern European and that the murder may have something to do with some kind of feud.”

****Police are understood to be probing a theory the murder may have been a vendetta attack over unpaid wages — and Lillia’s mum may have been threatened before.****

Advertisement

• Police have until 2.45pm today to charge or extend time they can quiz suspect
suspect arrested over the murder of nine-year-old Lillia Valutyte showed no reaction as he was held in the street by armed police, it was revealed today

The 22-year-old man who is believed to be Lithuanian was formally arrested on Saturday afternoon after he came out of a house in Thorold Street, Boston, Lincolnshire.

One neighbour claimed that the arrested man had been on holiday and had been staying with a friend at the Victorian semi-detached house in recent weeks.

The suspect was seen standing impassively in the street, wearing a black tracksuit trousers with a white line pattern and a black hooded top as an officer held his arms behind his back.

The house is just 200 yards from where the Lithuanian schoolgirl was stabbed to death outside her mother’s embroidery shop at 6.20pm last Thursday in Fountain Lane, Boston.

Police were today still standing guard outside the house as white-suited forensic officers were seen going in and out.

From the above article:

The Victorian semi-detached house where the man was arrested is believed to a house of multiple occupation with several Lithuanian residents including a couple.

One near neighbour who only gave his name as Artor, 40, said today : ‘I think the arrested guy was over from Lithuania and staying with a friend in the house.

‘There was some suggestion that he had been due to return to Lithuania. I think he had come over here on a kind of holiday, rather than for working.’

But wasn't it reported earlier that the suspect "bolted from the house" and officers chased him in the nearby park?

When I saw in the pic that he was wearing flip-flops I wondered.

Last edited:
One line of inquiry being pursued by police centres on claims that the attacker believed he was owed money for work arranged by Ms Savicke, who runs a recruitment agency, embroidery business and cleaning contractor.

But wasn't it reported earlier that the suspect "bolted from the house" and officers chased him in the nearby park?

When I saw in the pic that he was wearing flip-flops I wondered.

I remember that report. I was thinking how was it possible for a suspect to escape when 20 police were surrounding the house. I guess it was just journalists being a bit too quick with their reports …and now they are being more accurate.

I remember that report. I was thinking how was it possible for a suspect to escape when 20 police were surrounding the house. I guess it was just journalists being a bit too quick with their reports …and now they are being more accurate.
Poetic licence it seems.
Plus vivid imagination.

But these flip-flops were dead giveaway.

Tabloids for you, I certainly wouldn't believe tabloids in the first few days, particularly when they're getting their info from public who see what they want to see rather than official police announcements.

Great news that a man has been charged now. I grew up in Boston, the town has a terrible rep nowadays

This case is obviously tragic regardless but I really hope the press are wrong and she wasn't killed over a dispute around wages. That would just make it even worse. Whoever is ultimately found responsible for this needs to be given a whole life order.

There is absolutely no reason an innocent 9 year old playing hula hoop with her sister should be stabbed! What ever this dirtbag thinks his motive was has nothing whatsoever to do with this girl. He is the lowest of the low. Moo

You really think so? Their efforts will be to identify this individual. Only by doing that can they obtain information/intelligence that may assist in locating him.

This will be their utmost priority at this time.

Motive is immaterial and anyway, only the offender can indicate what theirs was.
It's been my experience that motive can quite often lead investigators to a perpetrator. As in who had motive, means and opportunity. There would obviously have to be other evidence but it could be a starting point. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back