UK - Lilia Valutyte, 9, stabbed to death in Boston, Lincolnshire *ARRESTS*

From Dotta's link above ( post 57 )

A Lithuanian 'fruit picker' who recently returned to Britain

Skebas's former girlfriend Beata Sapuskaite, 23, told The Times he had left the UK after having health problems.

Sapuskaite added that Skebas did 'field work' but was not working for MS Agricultural Services - the agency run by Lilia's mother Lina Savicke, 35.

Skebas's former girlfriend Beata Sapuskaite, 23, told The Times he had left the UK after having health problems.

Sapuskaite added that Skebas did 'field work' but was not working for MS Agricultural Services - the agency run by Lilia's mother Lina Savicke, 35.
I wonder if it was mental health problems? I'm finding it hard to see any other reason for him doing this.
I also really hope it wasn't a revenge thing over money.

The only thing about this is that she is an ex girlfriend and it sounds from the article like he has only recently came back to the UK so there could still be a connection. Though it's also not unusual to just go back to whatever place you worked at before

This is very worrying:

"It comes as Lilia’s family remain terrified ‘whoever did this could still be out there’.

Someone said to be a close friend told The Sun mum Lina, her husband and their other daughter had been moved to a secret location after becoming ‘so worried and unable to stay home’.

They are worried they could be a target’, they said. ‘It is just so awful — they have the impossible task of trying to come to terms with the loss of Lilia.

‘Then they still feel they need to protect their other little daughter.’ "

I feel mental health issues may have played a part here.

JMO

I'm interested in your reasoning for that?

Skebas was obviously deemed fit to be detained in police custody and interviewed. This is a real hot potato for the police and they don't take any risks of getting it wrong.

If he wasn't deemed fit by the Forensic Medical Examiner (FME) he would have been sent for psychological evaluation.

This will be more apparent at his plea hearing. If he is fit to plea then his mental state will be deemed as sufficiently sound to face trial.

Last edited:
Question - would Lithuanian sources be okay here? The mother has been speaking with some journalists, I'm not sure how good the automatic translation on the page is but it should give a general idea of what's being said in the article

Question - would Lithuanian sources be okay here? The mother has been speaking with some journalists, I'm not sure how good the automatic translation on the page is but it should give a general idea of what's being said in the article

If it's Main Stream Media (MSM) then WS allows it

HOWEVER

As proceedings are now active in England (suspect charged) you need to satisfy yourself personally that whatever you post or link to does not breach the laws on sub judice in the United Kingdom.

Last edited:
If it's Main Stream Media (MSM) then WS allows it

HOWEVER

As proceedings are now active in England (suspect charged) you need to satisfy yourself personally that whatever you post or link to does not breach the laws on sub judice in the English/Welsh law.

Would I be able to discuss the article with a mod or someone of the like?
I don't mind translating the 'new' part of the article myself as the majority of the information in it has already been released

Would I be able to discuss the article with a mod or someone of the like?
I don't mind translating the 'new' part of the article myself as the majority of the information in it has already been released

The UK press are hot on complying with the laws on sub judice so linking to UK newspapers is safe.

You are personally responsible if your were to post or link to a foreign publication/comment that included material which could undermine the legal proceedings in the UK and in particular the right to a fair trial.

TBH lots of material that people post on social media could breach the sub juice rule although the CPS would probably only prosecute the most flagrant breaches.

It can be as simple as calling someone guilty/innocent before the jury verdict and I'm sure we've all done that.

It's important to understand what you post/link to and how it could possibly cause a case to collapse or unduly influence the jury.

I'm interested in your reasoning for that?

Skebas was obviously deemed fit to be detained in police custody and interviewed. This is a real hot potato for the police and they don't take any risks of getting it wrong.

If he wasn't deemed fit by the Forensic Medical Examiner (FME) he would have been sent for psychological evaluation.

This will be more apparent at his plea hearing. If he is fit to plea then his mental state will be deemed as sufficiently sound to face trial.
It will all come out at trial.

JMO

It will all come out at trial.

JMO
Only if he pleads not guilty to the murder charge by reason of diminished responsibility.

That he was detained in police custody, interviewed and charged doesn't give any indication of significant mental health issues that impaired the balance of his mind at the time of the alleged offence.

@Whitehall 1212 the police saying it was an isolated incident, what does that mean? No threat to the wider public? But how could they say that before arresting anyone?

To me it indicates that the police had reliable information that it was not a random attack and there was no general threat to the public.

Such things are very delicate, as to say the wrong thing could create hysteria and then the police can find themselves having to deal with a public order situation.

It only takes a poorly worded police statement which makes people feel very unsafe and then they may react in ways that are problematic. Understandably people were very shocked, saddened and concerned and the police knew they had to catch the alleged offender as soon as possible.

I suspect that the police had a name and were trying to locate the suspect themselves. When they were unsuccessful they made the carefully considered decision to ask the public for help in locating the suspect, showing some of the CCTV stills, which as we know was wholly successful within a matter of hours.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back