GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, although we the public don’t yet know where the murders took place. LE saying they were committed near the PP entrance may or may not be fact.

At the July 28 dual presser APD did say around 6:40 that David Mack’s family and friends have been ruled out as suspects. Yet they then made a point of saying no one has been ruled out in K & B's murder.

Perhaps any of this is done to elicit more information.
Thread for David Mack..

Probably, although we the public don’t yet know where the murders took place. LE saying they were committed near the PP entrance may or may not be fact.

At the July 28 dual presser APD did say around 6:40 that David Mack’s family and friends have been ruled out as suspects. Yet they then made a point of saying no one has been ruled out in K & B's murder.

Given the timeline, the murder had to occur at the park or very close by. I think it happened right there. As hard as it was to kill someone unnoticed in such a public location, transporting a dead body there unnoticed is even more difficult.

Given the timeline, the murder had to occur at the park or very close by. I think it happened right there. As hard as it was to kill someone unnoticed in such a public location, transporting a dead body there unnoticed is even more difficult

One would think. But the whole case is so abhorrent that it may involve factors most of us here haven't even tried to picture.

I've listened to the press conf several times now. What is really sticking out like a sore thumb IMO is Dep Chief Hampton's comment to a reporter's question re if they were killed in the park? He answered, according to witness statements & follow up investigations, yes, we believe they were killed at the entrance to PP. Is it possible someone  heard something?
Witness statements?
JMOO

Last edited:
I've listened to the press conf several times now. What is really sticking out like a sore thumb IMO is Dep Chief Hampton's comment to a reporter's question re if they were killed in the park? He answered, according to witness statements & follow up investigations, yes, we believe they were killed at the entrance to PP. Is it possible someone  heard something?
Witness statements?
JMOO
I would think the blood evidence would tell them where exactly Katie was killed. Based on the autopsy report, what was done to her would have resulted in a very significant amount of blood loss. Presumably, she was found lying in a big pool of it. What's mind-boggling to me is how the guy walked away without attracting attention. He 100% would have had arterial blood spray all over him. The video of the jogger is so clear - how is there none of a bloody guy leaving the park? Is there anywhere in there to wash up (a fountain or whatever)?

What's mind-boggling to me is how the guy walked away without attracting attention. He 100% would have had arterial blood spray all over him. The video of the jogger is so clear - how is there none of a bloody guy leaving the park? Is there anywhere in there to wash up (a fountain or whatever)?

There is a big pond in the center of the park. But, if dude came prepared for murder, then he might have wear long sleeved top, long trousers and gloves. If his clothing was black the bloodstains would not be visible in the CCTV recordings and he could have cleaned his face with wet wipes.

The very fact that nobody mentioned seeing bloodied person in the area makes me think the perpetrator came there prepared.

I would think the blood evidence would tell them where exactly Katie was killed. Based on the autopsy report, what was done to her would have resulted in a very significant amount of blood loss. Presumably, she was found lying in a big pool of it. What's mind-boggling to me is how the guy walked away without attracting attention. He 100% would have had arterial blood spray all over him. The video of the jogger is so clear - how is there none of a bloody guy leaving the park? Is there anywhere in there to wash up (a fountain or whatever)?
There are a thousand ways in and out of the park. While it appears fenced in from looking at the gate pictured it is really open on most sides and no way to cover all those boundaries with cameras.

The killer could have exited in so many places, not just the gate/entrance area where the jogger (& others) were seen on camera. Piedmont Park is large & the person could have stepped out anywhere. If the person had been wearing a dark color, it might be easy for others to overlook the person, especially if they kept away from well-lit areas.

The killer could have exited in so many places, not just the gate/entrance area where the jogger (& others) were seen on camera. Piedmont Park is large & the person could have stepped out anywhere. If the person had been wearing a dark color, it might be easy for others to overlook the person, especially if they kept away from well-lit areas.
Reposting these pics from previous posts. These show an overhead drone view of the CS area & surrounding lake, paths & 10th St in upper left corner, the meadows area from 10th St showing a red flag that is near the CS, the entrance at 10th & Charles Allen Dr...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-06-15-33-15-1.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-06-15-33-15-1.png
    450.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2021-11-27-18-55-16-1.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-27-18-55-16-1.png
    519.3 KB · Views: 42
  • area between the meadows & CA driveway-1.png
    area between the meadows & CA driveway-1.png
    233 KB · Views: 38
  • CA.entrance.Piedmont.Park-1.png
    CA.entrance.Piedmont.Park-1.png
    516.8 KB · Views: 33
  • PP.atCA.near lake.7.28.21-1.png
    PP.atCA.near lake.7.28.21-1.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 32
  • overview.PP.10th.East.CA.entrance-1.png
    overview.PP.10th.East.CA.entrance-1.png
    520.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 10th.St.200.ft.CA.entrance.png
    10th.St.200.ft.CA.entrance.png
    463.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 10th.St.Park.Tavern-1.png
    10th.St.Park.Tavern-1.png
    367.3 KB · Views: 32
  • ParkDrive.bridge.png
    ParkDrive.bridge.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Park.Dr.Piedmont.Park.winter.2021-1.png
    Park.Dr.Piedmont.Park.winter.2021-1.png
    416.4 KB · Views: 38
I will never understand how this happened where it did without anyone seeing it. Bowie was on the road in the park. Katie was just off the road. People in and out. Very hard to believe nobody saw anything.

There is a big pond in the center of the park. But, if dude came prepared for murder, then he might have wear long sleeved top, long trousers and gloves. If his clothing was black the bloodstains would not be visible in the CCTV recordings and he could have cleaned his face with wet wipes.

The very fact that nobody mentioned seeing bloodied person in the area makes me think the perpetrator came there

The very fact that nobody mentioned seeing bloodied person in the area makes me think the perpetrator came there prepared.
IMO, he/she planned for this and came prepared. So he/she was ready for Bowie. Perhaps, as one member observed, he/she met Katie (intentionally) on her walk “by accident” and asked Katie if he/she could walk with them for a bit. It seems that is one way Bowie may have been disarmed just enough and Katie could have let down her guard a little, though since I feel she knew the attacker, she was not completely comfortable but being polite until she could leave on a nice note. Not someone she liked, but she was a caring, sweet person.

KJ & B were pictured alone at 12:09. EC arrived home from Henry's Tavern sometime around 12:40 & shortly after that she saw that KJ's phone was in PP & not moving.
KJ did not take a regular route or go at a regular time when walking the dogs according to MSM reports & interviews. IMO there was a very narrow time that the murders took place. IMO between 12:15 & 12:45. If they were killed where they were found, that window of time shrinks to 12:25-12:45. IMO, given the circumstances, timing & lack of KJ not usually being at a particular place, at a particular time, I can't see how someone that knew her could have committed this crime. IMO the only way would be to follow them & I believe the murderer would have been caught on camera at some point. According to news reports, when crossing the rainbow crosswalk at 12:09, they had already been out walking for at least 1 hr 45 minutes. That's a long time to follow without getting spotted.
IMO the killer did plan this murder, was prepared for it, but I feel KJ & B were random victims in the wrong place (where the killer((s)) lay in wait for a victim) at the wrong time.
JMOO

Last edited:
That makes total sense. IMO, what if they hadn’t been out walking that long? Could Katie have stopped somewhere along the way, sat down and rested or just looked at the night sky? Is there proof that they were walking all that time? Just wondering.
Would the killer have been prepared to deal with a dog since many people walked their dogs in PP? Just wondering.

Let me just throw this out there for those of you who may think it would be hard to conceal a lot of blood. I used to work in the medical field making medications and compounding drugs and feeding tube type food. I had to grab up from head to toe. Literally, from my hair down to booties and I was not allowed to show any skin at all. It was messy some days, one day my pump broke mid compound and I was working with lipids, which is thick, milky, sticky, oily and white. It’s the consistency of Blood, but white and stickier. It was spraying all over me and the walls, and the floor for like 1-2 minutes before I could get The pump to stop. I was covered. I left the clean room and took off my garb, and I balled up my booties, gown, bonnet, gloves and went to lunch clean as a whistle. Moral of the story, all of that garb is about as thin as paper, but waterproof, all of it combined can be condensed into about the size of a softball and it can nearly fit into your pocket when your done and it’s quick to rip off. And you can get it easily. The killer didn’t need to be wearing some type of transformer suit that needed to be evacuated via helicopter. He could have had something simple like PPE from the medical field. That’s stuff is DESIGNED to withstand blood, yet be lightweight and balled up to fit in the palm of your hand.

Let me just throw this out there for those of you who may think it would be hard to conceal a lot of blood. I used to work in the medical field making medications and compounding drugs and feeding tube type food. I had to grab up from head to toe. Literally, from my hair down to booties and I was not allowed to show any skin at all. It was messy some days, one day my pump broke mid compound and I was working with lipids, which is thick, milky, sticky, oily and white. It’s the consistency of Blood, but white and stickier. It was spraying all over me and the walls, and the floor for like 1-2 minutes before I could get The pump to stop. I was covered. I left the clean room and took off my garb, and I balled up my booties, gown, bonnet, gloves and went to lunch clean as a whistle. Moral of the story, all of that garb is about as thin as paper, but waterproof, all of it combined can be condensed into about the size of a softball and it can nearly fit into your pocket when your done and it’s quick to rip off. And you can get it easily. The killer didn’t need to be wearing some type of transformer suit that needed to be evacuated via helicopter. He could have had something simple like PPE from the medical field. That’s stuff is DESIGNED to withstand blood, yet be lightweight and balled up to fit in the palm of your hand.

That's really interesting.

And in this day & age of covid (hospitals, labs, testing,...), someone walking around in some type of PPE wouldn't even look out of the ordinary, especially in a city setting. Imo.

MOO.

<modsnip> People are thinking he must have bathed in the lake, he must have had loads of blood on his shirt, he must have showered in the bathroom, or hosed off in the ports potty…etc. I don’t think so. With a little bit of logic and planning, he more than likely came prepared…

Last edited by a moderator:
KJ & B were pictured alone at 12:09. EC arrived home from Henry's Tavern sometime around 12:40 & shortly after that she saw that KJ's phone was in PP & not moving.
KJ did not take a regular route or go at a regular time when walking the dogs according to MSM reports & interviews. IMO there was a very narrow time that the murders took place. IMO between 12:15 & 12:45. If they were killed where they were found, that window of time shrinks to 12:25-12:45. IMO, given the circumstances, timing & lack of KJ not usually being at a particular place, at a particular time, I can't see how someone that knew her could have committed this crime. IMO the only way would be to follow them & I believe the murderer would have been caught on camera at some point. According to news reports, when crossing the rainbow crosswalk at 12:09, they had already been out walking for at least 1 hr 45 minutes. That's a long time to follow without getting spotted.
IMO the killer did plan this murder, was prepared for it, but I feel KJ & B were random victims in the wrong place (where the killer((s)) lay in wait for a victim) at the wrong time.
JMOO
That is about the same time frame I figured for the killing as well. About 12:25-6 is about the soonest they could have walked to that gate. And i think it had already occurred when the jogger went in. I also tend to lean a bit towards the theory that the killer didn't know KJ, but had intended to kill someone that night.

That makes total sense. IMO, what if they hadn’t been out walking that long? Could Katie have stopped somewhere along the way, sat down and rested or just looked at the night sky? Is there proof that they were walking all that time? Just wondering.
There has been no verification from LE regarding any times except the time that KJ & B were found in PP by EC. Although, LE may have mentioned times at the 1st press conference in Aug 2021 regarding the potential witnesses.
IMO they could have done any of those things you have suggested. I'm getting times from pictures released by Atlanta LE & news articles. This most recent story from 11alivenews

Here's a look back at the case:

The murder of Katie Janness | What we know​

Janness left with her dog Bowie for a walk a bit after 10 p.m. on the night of July 28, 2021.

Clark said Janness had come by some time after that to the restaurant Clark worked at, Henry’s Midtown Tavern on 10th Street, to say hi along the walk.
There remains few other details about what happened between the stop at Henry's and Clark later finding her in the park - only that APD has said a camera near 10th and Piedmont captured her and Bowie as they walked across the Rainbow Crosswalk a little after midnight. It was the opposite direction of her home.
When Janness didn’t come home, her partner got worried and found her through the find my iPhone app.
Police said they got the call that her body was found at the Charles Allen entrance around 1:00 a.m.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member