Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^rsbbm

^^rsbm

On Thursday, Judge Werner acknowledged LS's behavior, and she was not going to get away with not appearing.

However, after more info was available to the court about the missing report, the court made a decision for the convenience of the court not to transport LS to the courtroom.

There's a big difference here between LS being non-compliant and when the court makes the actual decision not to transport her.

Also, transporting inmates to court involves much more than visible to the public. For example, the EPCSO is very much aware of LS's "most hated inmate" status and must take full precautions to protect not only the inmate but also the EPCSO personnel accompanying her to court.

I would not be surprised if EPCJ has to schedule 3 personnel (versus 2) every time they move LS from her cell. MOO

Thanks @Seattle1. I thought something like that was probably going on.
------------
I do have a question. As I said in an earlier post it would be very weird to me to submit the evaluation to the parties piecemeal, per this link posted by @Cindizzi

Letecia Stauch may not head to trial until next year, 3 years after 11-year-old stepson's murder - KRDO

at the 6/9 hearing the judge agreed he'd issue an order requesting that the evaluators do just that. I'm glad it's not been done--essentially that would be saying "the trained evaluators haven't had time to put these pieces of the evaluation together but maybe the attorneys and the Court can make sense of them." That would be absurd. But has anyone seen the order the judge said he'd issue? I looked where documents usually are

but nothing has been posted since before the June hearing. Any idea where the order might be? Or do we think the judge thought better about issuing the order and didn't do it? If so, it doesn't sound like anyone told the defense attorney.
JMO

Thanks @Seattle1. I thought something like that was probably going on.
------------
I do have a question. As I said in an earlier post it would be very weird to me to submit the evaluation to the parties piecemeal, per this link posted by @Cindizzi

Letecia Stauch may not head to trial until next year, 3 years after 11-year-old stepson's murder - KRDO

at the 6/9 hearing the judge agreed he'd issue an order requesting that the evaluators do just that. I'm glad it's not been done--essentially that would be saying "the trained evaluators haven't had time to put these pieces of the evaluation together but maybe the attorneys and the Court can make sense of them." That would be absurd. But has anyone seen the order the judge said he'd issue? I looked where documents usually are

but nothing has been posted since before the June hearing. Any idea where the order might be? Or do we think the judge thought better about issuing the order and didn't do it? If so, it doesn't sound like anyone told the defense attorney.
JMO
I have a vague recollection and want to say that LS was required to remit a "self-monitor" form to the evaluator by June 15 which caused the Judge to respond that any order from the court would be premature. Let me see if I can find the tweet. I don't think it was an article?? :oops:

I understand that yesterday ended up being a big nothing, but from what I've read it sounded like she was going to resist coming even if it that hadn't been the case. I'm so tired of her getting away with making this all about her. A few days ago, I happened to rewatch her interview from way back at the beginning, when the search for Gannon was going on. Remember how she made the interview ALL about her? She said she couldn't wait for Gannon to come home because then everyone would have to apologize to her. Nothing about his well-being. Unbelievable! It's ridiculous, but I really think in her mind this is all about her. Nothing has changed. No one is a real person to her... except her. Is she a psychopath?

The State Hospital sent News 5 a statement regarding staffing shortages, saying:

The delays are due to bed shortages for inpatient competency restoration and forensic evaluations that need to be completed in an inpatient setting. The Department is largely in compliance with timeframes for evaluations that can be completed in jail or outpatient. Competency evaluations are performed by Court Services, which is a division of the Office of Behavioral Health, this is a separate entity from CMHIP.
Colorado State Hospital
As of July 28, the hospital said 36 people were in need of mental condition or sanity evaluations.

The State Hospital sent News 5 a statement regarding staffing shortages, saying:

Colorado State Hospital
As of July 28, the hospital said 36 people were in need of mental condition or sanity evaluations.

I would think someone charged with murder would take precedence. moo

Colorado State Hospital

Thanks for that info. The quoted attorney in the KOAA article (not one in this case) seems to think LS's current eval is for competency and that's not true. So the case can't move forward for other reasons (but those are kind of obvious, I think.)
JMO

The day will come eventually. I just want her locked away for what she's done and the lies she's told.

A thought came into my head about what she thinks about when she says she's not going to appear. She knows what's coming and she is terrified. Terrified of the reaction whilst in court.

Whilst I feel no sympathy for her at all, I can understand how she must feel inside, in her gut, in her head. Terrified.

The day will come eventually. I just want her locked away for what she's done and the lies she's told.

A thought came into my head about what she thinks about when she says she's not going to appear. She knows what's coming and she is terrified. Terrified of the reaction whilst in court.

Whilst I feel no sympathy for her at all, I can understand how she must feel inside, in her gut, in her head. Terrified.
And she should be terrified. She should have to stand there and be terrified. Gannon was a terrified little boy and she showed no mercy.

Her next hearing for the escape attempt on 8/4 is LS' 39th birthday....
Is there a hearing tomorrow? All I see now is this listing for a week from tomorrow.

8/10/22
6:00 PM
1Hr
STAUCH, LETECIA
Review WAppearance of Parties
D212020CR3170
El Paso County
DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

From: Colorado Judicial Branch - El Paso County - Dockets

Are there really hearings scheduled for 6PM? (The case # looks like it's for the escape. Is that right? Listing doesn't say on the court site.)

Is there a hearing tomorrow? All I see now is this listing for a week from tomorrow.

8/10/22
6:00 PM
1Hr
STAUCH, LETECIA
Review WAppearance of Parties
D212020CR3170
El Paso County
DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

From: Colorado Judicial Branch - El Paso County - Dockets

Are there really hearings scheduled for 6PM? (The case # looks like it's for the escape. Is that right? Listing doesn't say on the court site.)

Thanks for the update - I would have looked on there before I posted. Looks like the 8/4 hearing was moved to 8/10/22. And yes, this is the case # for the escape attempt. No hearing date set yet for the murder case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo