ID ID - Zackery Brewer, 16, Nampa, 22 Aug 2009

Zackery Brewer’s file on Idaho's Cold Case site:

http://eastidahocoldcasesinc.com/eastcentral-idaho-missing-persons/brewer-zackery-l-nampa-idaho-2009/

In 2009, Zackery Brewer’s mother Korrey was a single parent, experiencing the normal struggles of raising children. Trusted family friend Javier Aguilar (DOB: 1968) stepped in and offered his assistance with Zack, who went to stay with Aguilar for a bit. On August 22, 2009, Zackery showed up at his mom’s door late at night, troubled. Mother’s instinct told her something was very wrong. Zack then walked off into the night and has never been found.

Step back to July of 2009, Aguilar was charged with 3 counts of Lewd Conduct with a Child Under 16. Grand jury transcripts were ordered produced and unsealed 2 weeks before Zackery went missing. Zack was then listed as a material witness in court records, and a bench bond warrant issued in Feb. of 2010. But he was gone.

The lengthy trial for Aguilar resulted in a prison sentence of 7 years, handed down in 2010. Aguilar died in prison in April 2014, not long after filing for post-conviction relief.

Did Zack disappear on his own accord, or did someone “help” him disappear? Did the truth die with Aguilar, or not?

Contact the Nampa Police Department if you have any information about the disappearance of Zackery Brewer.

I have just learned of this case and Zack's picture is haunting me; he looks a little like my youngest son. I'm so sad.

I was looking at my local clipper magazine and saw an ad for zakery and my first thought was to look on websleuths. That poor family, praying they get answers someday soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably Aguilar killed him, but Aguilar is dead so we may never know.

Missing since August 22, 2009 was 16 at the time of disappearance.
NCMEC Number1157533
Zackery.jpg

Age When Last Known Alive: 16
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 69.0
Weight: 160.0

Location​

City: Nampa
State: Idaho
County: Canyon

Appearance​

Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair: short
Eye: Hazel
Scars And Marks: scars on arms

Clothing and Accessories​

Clothing: White shirt, Blue Jeans and Brown Jacket

Last edited:
My heart hurts for his family. I just went to Facebook and found a post about him and shared it.

I think about this case a lot. I've spent most of my adult life living close to where he went missing from, am only a couple years younger than him (though I did not live in Nampa during that time), and have spent most of my career working with at-risk youth. From accounts I've read about him from social media, Reddit users, etc. it sounds like he was a really sweet kid, but very lost in this world. When I think about him, I think about all that I've gotten to do throughout my adulthood and how much he's missed out on. And I think about the kids I work with, and how this could easily happen to them (especially since it sounds like Zack's mom green-lit much of this).

As far as what I think happened to Zack: unfortunately, I think it's likely Javier abused him in some way. I've read accounts from his friends at the time and how there was a shift in how he talked about him. And if Javier victimized him, it is likely that the abuse is connected to why he went missing. However, I do not think Javier killed or abducted him, as he was incarcerated a month prior to the disappearance. My gut instinct is that Zack died by suicide and his body hasn't been found yet, or he ran away and his fate is anyone's guess. The only other thing I can think of is that, while I have seen no indications of Zack being gang-affiliated, that area of Nampa is ripe for gang activity. At least in Nampa, they tend to leave non-gang members alone, but I wonder if he had been jumped in or had connections that were never publicized. Again, not likely, but I'm kind of thinking out loud.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back