Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question was posed by another poster-- I'm paraphrasing but as I read it, the question asked why RL would be offering to help BL unless the offer had to do with GP's murder. In response I hypothesized perhaps RL's letter was written earlier & suggested the toxic relationship should end. The offer of assistance would kick in if BL decided to go in that direction. After all, the couple lived together in the L's house. I don't find that possibility far-fetched at all. And I honestly don't see a big difference between that and the kinds of conversations others are describing here as having with their daughters. Perhaps it's a matter of word choices?

Obviously none of us know what the letter said or when it was written. But I do think there are lots of possible circumstances that could have prompted RL to write to BL and mention GP. And for me, helping BL cover up GP's murder is at the bottom of the list of likely scenarios. (Actually for me, it wouldn't even be on the list.)
JMO

I tend to agree. It would be an odd family member who offered to cover up a murder in a letter on paper. Those are the kinds of offers no one wants traced back to them. I keep thinking the letter probably isn't anything at all, which is why the P's attorney was hesitant to "paraphrase" it. MOO

Of more interest to me are the two additional (supposed) confessions Brian made at some point.

I really don't think the P's are going to prevail in this case, but that's just MOO and nothing more.

My hope at this point is that both sets of parents are able to move on and try to have happy lives. They've all been to hell and back, and this must feel as though it will never end.

I tend to agree. It would be an odd family member who offered to cover up a murder in a letter on paper. Those are the kinds of offers no one wants traced back to them. I keep thinking the letter probably isn't anything at all, which is why the P's attorney was hesitant to "paraphrase" it. MOO

Of more interest to me are the two additional (supposed) confessions Brian made at some point.

I really don't think the P's are going to prevail in this case, but that's just MOO and nothing more.

My hope at this point is that both sets of parents are able to move on and try to have happy lives. They've all been to hell and back, and this must feel as though it will never end.
Without seeing any evidence, I don't happen to believe BL called the L's on the 28th and told them any version of GP's death. I don't think he told them at all but if he had, I don't think RL would have written down anything related to covering that up. Just doesn't make sense to do that especially when you live in the same house--why create any unnecessary records? And if the letter was somehow sent to Brian before he came home but after GP was dead, there's the risk it could have gone astray. Plus in the Entin video interview (link posted above) PR said the letter was typed. I'm assuming that means typed on a computer so that's another record, something I'm sure RL knew.

I'd like to see the other two confessions too. PR said from what the FBI said, they were "somewhat different." No telling what that means. Could mean different in crucial ways but might mean different in "who cares" ways.

JMO

An odd family member? And hope Gabby's parents move on and try to have happy lives? I don't understand this reasoning at all. Not possible imo.

I understand you wrote "moo."
However, in Brian Entin's interview PR says the reason that he doesn't want to paraphrase the letter, and it isn't because the letter probably isn't anything at all.

Actually the letter is so important PR made it clear that the letter and litigation were connected.

An odd family member? And hope Gabby's parents move on and try to have happy lives? I don't understand this reasoning at all. Not possible imo.

Losing a child has to be horrific, and losing a child to murder even more so in my opinion.

But, MOO, the P's have something the L's don't have going forward--the P's have the assurance that their beloved daughter was an innocent party. They can move on--when they're ready--and still have all their wonderful memories intact.

The L's can't do that. All the memories of their child will be forever tainted by his murderous act. This is just MOO, but I think--as a parent myself--I could probably live with the former better than the latter. And, Brian's act also threw their lives into a turmoil and forced them into a national spotlight. Now, they're being sued. I have nothing but sympathy for both sets of parents.

Having experienced the loss of a family member to murder, it's impossible to understand how families react because grief is personal. While you and I may not believe Gabby's family will gain much comfort from a lawsuit, they may feel otherwise.

One of the rarely addressed emotions associated with losing a loved one to murder is the unfounded belief that you were unable to protect them from harm. Perhaps this is just their way of trying to protect their daughter's memory.

It could also be that they see the lawsuit as a form of justice for their daughter but regardless of their reason, it may not make sense to others but it's something they feel they need to do in order to move forward. Living their best lives

Having experienced the loss of a family member to murder, it's impossible to understand how families react because grief is personal. While you and I may not believe Gabby's family will gain much comfort from a lawsuit, they may feel otherwise.

One of the rarely addressed emotions associated with losing a loved one to murder is the unfounded belief that you were unable to protect them from harm. Perhaps this is just their way of trying to protect their daughter's memory.

It could also be that they see the lawsuit as a form of justice for their daughter but regardless of their reason, it may not make sense to others but it's something they feel they need to do in order to move forward. Living their best lives
Their actions make perfect sense to me.

Their actions make perfect sense to me.

Exactly, because each of us that has had a family member murdered deals with a huge range of emotions in our own way and our own pace and our circumstances are seldom the same.

We also have a tendency to view other situations based on our own experiences but I think that's not surprising because in some ways, it's a wound that never fully heals.

Gabby Petito's Parents Set To Grill Brian Laundrie's Mom And Dad Under Oath About Daughter's Grisly Murder​

Are the P's conducting the depositions or is their attorney conducting the depositions? I'm confused about this headline. Aren't they being represented by an attorney and not representing themselves?

Are the P's conducting the depositions or is their attorney conducting the depositions? I'm confused about this headline. Aren't they being represented by an attorney and not representing themselves?
How often do we hear a defendant or plaintiff wants this or that done, yet we know their attys are the ones doing the work.

Their atty's job as with any attorney, is to complete the client's goals. They are responsible for tasks involving legal procedures, depositions, strategies and court tactics...yada yada yada...

But that's a side point of the article. The principle part is--- depositions will sought after.

But that's a given.

Last edited:
How often do we hear a defendant or plaintiff wants this or that done, yet we know their attys are the ones doing the work.

Their atty's job as with any attorney, is to complete the client's goals. They are responsible for tasks involving legal procedures, depositions, strategies and court tactics...yada yada yada...

But that's a side point of the article. The principle part is--- depositions will sought after.

But that's a given.

So I take it that the Petito's won't be "grilling" the Laundries after all.
Just a provocative headline in that Radar article.

She's on point. Brian's letter was all about trying to reframe the story, to appear as though he was an angel of mercy instead of a demon of death and destruction.

But that letter was so ridiculously and blatantly self-serving and completely illogical, I don't believe it would have fooled a kindergartener, let alone the victim's mother.

IMO

She's on point. Brian's letter was all about trying to reframe the story, to appear as though he was an angel of mercy instead of a demon of death and destruction.

But that letter was so ridiculously and blatantly self-serving and completely illogical, I don't believe it would have fooled a kindergartener, let alone the victim's mother.

IMO

I can't imagine that anyone believes the scenario set out in the note. I have always believed that the note only verified for me that BL did kill Gabby and used the opportunity to respond to what he believed an autopsy would have shown and nothing more.

The fact that he had written more than one version of the event leaves me more convinced that he was trying to adapt fiction to repsond to science.

I feel so sorry that Gabby's parents feel compelled to respond to his fairy tale but understand why they would. Especially with the media so quick to spin anything these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa