FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be argumentative but where I live carjackers do put tires in the road, sometimes they use bikes, I have even had someone lay down in the road in front of me. They even do this thing where they pull in front of you and brake so you hit them. We avoid those areas if we can. It is entirely possible this man was targeted, but also possible he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
If we were talking a different type of neighborhood, I could get behind that - here’s a current realtor.com view of houses for sale in Sanctuary. This is not an avoided neighborhood by any means.

Attachments

• E53B3DAA-A736-4695-8074-35BBD846F9CD.png
    E53B3DAA-A736-4695-8074-35BBD846F9CD.png
    487.4 KB · Views: 16
What about a tracking device in the kids stuff? That would allow for perfect coordination. JMO
That could be a possibility but the Apple Trackers notify those in the vicinity that there's a tracker. No idea if that is the type the perp would use tho. If they used a tracker it would have to have been attached to the vehicle, not the kids items. The kids would pick up their backpack or whatever and take it with them when they were dropped off.

Last edited:
Almost across the street from his ex's house, there's a dog park/baseball field/park area. Someone could have inconspicuously stood along there, noticed when JB was heading out & called, texted or radioed someone waiting at the end of Sanctuary Blvd.

I think he specifically was targeted.

I don't think it was a car jacking because they didn't take his car. And even if someone didn't want the car because they realized a child was strapped in the back, I don't think anything else was stolen from him either like his wallet or watch or wedding ring.

Here's a map showing Beach Baked (ex's business at her home) & the google marker where JB was murdered. I added a blue arrow for the area where someone could have easily stood to watch without being noticed.

MOO.

Map.png

I'm nobody's moral compass by no means, but is it me, his ex-wife and her new husband just doesn't seem like a match?!? My ameture gumshoe detective senses scream guilty. Sure hope LE are working diligently with forensics and making progress to bring this phoney flake ex-wife to justice.

Public divorce records show that Jared was divorced Aug 16 2018.
From there a person can find other interesting information that is unfortunately beyond the scope of this forum.

[Snipped by me to adhere to TOS.]
IIRC, the divorce court docket was posted previously. It is not a secret that this was a nasty divorce. There is also interesting info previously posted regarding the new husband. IMO, he would be capable of this crime, or know someone who would be.

Not relevant, necessarily but the names of his kids are definitely split. <modsnip>
I agree that whoever killed him knew him. Beyond that, I don't think his ex would be involved, because even if she was greedy, he was young and worth more alive than dead. Plus, his ex would not likely have life insurance on him. The kids might have been beneficiaries, though, which would indirectly make her a beneficiary.
Have you followed the Dan Markel case?

It looks like the divorce was 3.5 years ago, time for initial tempers to cool off.

The fact that the victim had remarried and had a rewarding, demanding career would probably reduce post divorce disputes from his side. Both of these elements are good incentives to move on.

I wonder if his former wife had equal incentives to move on?

Or, could she be more likely to make additional demands, become jealous, or be just plain bored and prone to start, for lack of a better term, "screwing with the ex" via frivolous complaints etc. ?
Oh no, there was no cooling off for these two. One had enough money behind her, to keep dragging the other back into court. Her family is wealthy.

The secularization of society has hit the Mormons to the same degree as it has every other religious group- hard, and getting harder.

Over the years, I have known three divorced Mormons, including one who had temple status (I am not familiar with Mormonism, but I believe that status shows extra devotion).

Though there are undoubtably Mormon families, as with some say, Catholic families where a divorce causes more shame stress etc than average, my suspicion is that divorce is no longer a "show stopper" amongst Mormons.

Even still, there is plenty of room for anger in divorces, whether they are between mormons or atheists.

And... somebody knew not only his exact schedule, but also knew that he was likely to stop and move the tire from the road- instead of just driving around it.

I can see an angry say, ex Miscrosofter waiting outside his home or his work. But, the combination of knowing his visitation schedule and knowing that he is likely to remove road debris suggests somebody, well, closer.

I live in Utah and I am surrounded by LDS. Because they marry young, they divorce young. It happens too much for there to be a stigma. And there is alot of pre marital sex. Just don't have intercourse and you are good to go!

The Sun reported on JULY 21 that at some point after the twins were born...

Regarding the move to Connecticut, a source told Fox News: "That’s when the cracks really started to show."

Fox's source also claimed that Jared found provocative emails between Shanna and her personal trainer, which resulted in her revelation that she stepped out of their marriage.

"Jared was like, ‘I don’t recognize this person. I married a totally different person.'"

... Shanna filed for divorce from Jared and requested primary custody...

During their courtroom showdown, the former couple disagreed on the demands made by the other regarding property, alimony, custody, and child support.

On May 17, 2015, Jared accused Shanna of spying on him and invading his privacy.

They divorced in July 2015. He was murdered in Feb 2022.

* * * * * * * This member is on pg 3 and trying to catch up with you guys * * * * * * * * *

This father returned his twins to their mother moments before the tragedy occurred. Typically, he dined every Wed. night with the twins. He was an active, important and integral part of their lives. Did their mother keep them away from attending their father's funeral? Did she marry the personal trainer?

Is anyone familiar with the murders in Bardstown, KY involving Crystal Rogers' son who was murdered, likely over child custody, and later Crystal's husband was gunned down while out hunting near the Interstate? A KY Highway Patrolman who investigated these murders, was on his way home late one night. He took the same dark exit off the Interstate as usual and at the usual time when, there before him, was a large tree branch stretching across the road. This former officer was ambushed.

Jared Bridegan was sabotaged by a tire. Jared was ambushed. imho

The Sun reported on JULY 21 that at some point after the twins were born...

Regarding the move to Connecticut, a source told Fox News: "That’s when the cracks really started to show."

Fox's source also claimed that Jared found provocative emails between Shanna and her personal trainer, which resulted in her revelation that she stepped out of their marriage.

"Jared was like, ‘I don’t recognize this person. I married a totally different person.'"

... Shanna filed for divorce from Jared and requested primary custody...

During their courtroom showdown, the former couple disagreed on the demands made by the other regarding property, alimony, custody, and child support.

On May 17, 2015, Jared accused Shanna of spying on him and invading his privacy.

They divorced in July 2015. He was murdered in Feb 2022.

* * * * * * * This member is on pg 3 and trying to catch up with you guys * * * * * * * * *

This father returned his twins to their mother moments before the tragedy occurred. Typically, he dined every Wed. night with the twins. He was an active, important and integral part of their lives. Did their mother keep them away from attending their father's funeral? Did she marry the personal trainer?

Is anyone familiar with the murders in Bardstown, KY involving Crystal Rogers' son who was murdered, likely over child custody, and later Crystal's husband was gunned down while out hunting near the Interstate? A KY Highway Patrolman who investigated these murders, was on his way home late one night. He took the same dark exit off the Interstate as usual and at the usual time when, there before him, was a large tree branch stretching across the road. This former officer was ambushed.

Jared Bridegan was sabotaged by a tire. Jared was ambushed. imho

I mentioned earlier in this case about the KY patrolman similarities. I don’t think they have figured that out yet either.

I mentioned earlier in this case about the KY patrolman similarities. I don’t think they have figured that out yet either.

My apologies are extended. As I mentioned in OP, I've only read 3 pages in this thread. What I didn't mention is that I've read news articles and watched numerous videos about the case including the interview with Brian Entin this week.

My reason for writing about Bardstown was not to show there may be a serial hitman involved but rather to show that wrongdoers will trap, trick, or sabotage people while they're on the roadways, if it seems reasonable for them to do so in order to accomplish their dirty deeds.

worm, what does this mean? "I don’t think they have figured that out yet either."

TIA

My apologies are extended. As I mentioned in OP, I've only read 3 pages in this thread. What I didn't mention is that I've read news articles and watched numerous videos about the case including the interview with Brian Entin this week.

My reason for writing about Bardstown was not to show there may be a serial hitman involved but rather to show that wrongdoers will trap, trick, or sabotage people while they're on the roadways, if it seems reasonable for them to do so in order to accomplish their dirty deeds.

worm, what does this mean? "I don’t think they have figured that out yet either."

TIA

I was referring to the case in KY. I don’t know, but don’t think it’s been solved.

I was referring to the case in KY. I don’t know, but don’t think it’s been solved.
Here's the link. It looks like that, after nine years, they are still working on solving it.

Here's the link. It looks like that, after nine years, they are still working on solving it.

Thanks, I didn’t even know it was on here. I followed it thru that tv doc.

About this Ford 150...

I apologize for not placing much emphasis on it. It happens to be the most stolen truck going back for years in most every state including FL. The Unsub could have stolen this truck for the purpose of tricking the investigation.

It's possible one of the wheels or the spare from that truck was the tire laying in the road. I've got it placed at 25% chance, the truck was not stolen exclusively for this purpose. Who wants to be questioned about a murder while possessing a title to the matching truck?

"It’s a dark colored (likely blue) 2004-2008 Ford F-150 four door with running boards (possibly silver), brown trim and a silver toolbox." Jacksonville Beach police release new videos in murder investigation

VehicleModel year most frequently stolenThefts
Ford Pickup, Full Size200638,938

Car theft statistics 2022

Ford Trucks Most Stolen Vehicle in Jacksonville, Florida - Curtis Protective Services

Full-size pickup trucks like the Ford F-150 and Chevrolet Silverado are the most popular models among car buyers in the U.S., but they’re also popular among car thieves. Full-size pickups were the most stolen vehicles in the U.S. in 2021
These Are the Most Stolen Vehicles in America

Vehicle theft 2020: NICB stats show Ford’s F-150 is most stolen vehicle
Vehicle Thefts 2020: Pickup Trucks Lead the Way

EDITED to add:
I wonder if LEO has found the truck on any toll roads in Jacksonville.

Last edited:
"Something K made clear is that she believes multiple people were involved and she wants the message out there so answers can be found." Wow, I wonder what makes her think that? Perhaps she is thinking of a pair of people bonded together with a common goal, like a married couple?

Yes, the pacing of the gunshots was chilling. Whoever killed him seemed quite calm and not in any rush to escape. Had to be very confident. Why so confident? Was there an accomplice waiting nearby to help them escape the scene of the crime? Or were they just filled with so much hatred that their desire to kill overtook any sense of fear for being caught? I also wonder where Jared was shot; that is, was he shot in the back, or did Jared lock eyes with his killer as he was shot? Was the killer staring him down and relishing in the kill?

"Whoever killed him seemed quite calm and not in any rush to escape. Had to be very confident. Why so confident?"

It took me awhile to find the video with the gunshots heard from a neighbors surveillance. Whew.

Someone else also listening to the shots being fired said that's the way the military is taught to shoot. The shots are evenly spaced for an inhale and exhale.

‘His kids deserve to know’: Widow of father of 4 killed in Jacksonville Beach pleads for answers

At 3:43 in this July 5th video of an exclusive interview with the ex, the reporter asks the all important question. "Did you have anything to do with Jared's murder?" The ex closes her eyes. I don't know what that means in body language but it looks odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151