SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
The two attorneys were agreeing that they’d be happy to take control of what information about the case was available to the public.

Circuit Judge Clifton Newman was reminding the lawyers — and we hope other S.C. judges, who sometimes forget — that our constitution requires our courts, and the operations surrounding them, to remain open to the public.

And dropped right in the middle of all that, when Mr. Harpootlian was urging the judge to set a trial this fall so police could get back to looking for “the real killers” and Mr. Waters was suggesting that January might be more realistic, was this:

“Obviously,” Mr. Waters said, “Mr. — Senator — Harpootlian has his legislative obligations at that time.”

“Which I will waive,” came the immediate, adamant retort from the Richland County Democrat: “Which I will waive.”

What he was willing to waive wasn’t his responsibilities as a senator; instead, it was what every judge, prosecutor and probably other lawyer in South Carolina is painfully aware of: the special privilege South Carolina’s chief justice grants to lawyer-legislators to delay just about any hearing or trial they want. And of course Mr. Harpootlian would be eager to waive that privilege, because a delay is the opposite of what he wants in this case.

Pinckneys And Other Victims of Alex Murdaugh Settle With Bank And Law Firm, Lawyer Says

This week, Bamberg told FITSNews that Palmetto State Bank and the Parker Law Group, previously known as PMPED, have reached settlement agreements with a number of his clients, including Hakeem Pinckney’s family.

Details of the settlements, including the amount, could not be disclosed because of the terms of the agreement.

“I think everyone realized the settlement needed to happen,“ Bamberg told FITSNews. “We were able to work it out in a way that worked for everybody. And there is something to be said for that – because they’ve been through enough.”

The cases include: Pamela Pinckney, Natarsha Thomas, Hakeem Pinckney, Blondell Gary, Jamian Risher, Chris Anderson and Malik Williams.

Among all of the financial victims of Alex Murdaugh, Pinckney’s story was one of the most heart-wrenching.

Pinckneys And Other Victims of Alex Murdaugh Settle With Bank And Law Firm, Lawyer Says

This week, Bamberg told FITSNews that Palmetto State Bank and the Parker Law Group, previously known as PMPED, have reached settlement agreements with a number of his clients, including Hakeem Pinckney’s family.

Details of the settlements, including the amount, could not be disclosed because of the terms of the agreement.

“I think everyone realized the settlement needed to happen,“ Bamberg told FITSNews. “We were able to work it out in a way that worked for everybody. And there is something to be said for that – because they’ve been through enough.”

The cases include: Pamela Pinckney, Natarsha Thomas, Hakeem Pinckney, Blondell Gary, Jamian Risher, Chris Anderson and Malik Williams.

Among all of the financial victims of Alex Murdaugh, Pinckney’s story was one of the most heart-wrenching.
Super happy to see a justice and a settlement for the Pinckney family. Let's hope this continues for the remaining plaintiffs in this crazy saga.

I believe her. It shows an escalation of violence and an ingrained disrespect for women on AM's part.

JMO
While I sometimes find this source and the related podcast self-aggrandizing and seemingly creating news from opinions, I have a hard time believing that WF would put this out and give her so much time, if he hadn’t done a lot of vetting. Just that might be enough reason to believe her. JMO.

While I sometimes find this source and the related podcast self-aggrandizing and seemingly creating news from opinions, I have a hard time believing that WF would put this out and give her so much time, if he hadn’t done a lot of vetting. Just that might be enough reason to believe her. JMO.
Wow that was A LOT. I wonder how she feels safe telling her story now? I heard Will Folks say she lives out of state, maybe that's enough? I can't say I'm surprised. He's into kinky sex to the point of being abusive to women. Shocker.

Same here. For many reasons, I didn't find her believable.
I found her believable, her body/facial language, until she talked about the police involved. I think the police stuff may be just second hand knowledge for her. I do believe the AM accounts, as she stated them, to be true first hand knowledge. AJMO

South Carolina circuit court Clifton Newman has rejected a joint motion for a gag order submitted by defense attorneys and prosecutors in the double murder case of disbarred attorney Alex Murdaugh.

The order – dated August 1, 2022 – instructed both parties that efforts to suppress “pretrial publicity” were denied. That marks a major win for judicial transparency in the ongoing ‘Murdaugh Murders’ crime and corruption saga – which as I have repeatedly noted is much bigger than just a double murder trial.
Did I read that right? Prosecution wanted it too??

Did I read that right? Prosecution wanted it too??
Yup.

During Murdaugh's July 20 bond hearing and arraignment, his attorneys, Richard Harpootlian and Jim Griffin, and Creighton Waters, a chief prosecutor with the SC Attorney General's Office, told Newman that they would be filing a joint motion for a gag order to seal disclosures of evidence and curtail extra-judicial statements to the press so that the high-profile case would be "tried in the courts and not in the media."

Alex was not alone in his crimes. His business acquaintances are shaking in their boots at what might yet be uncovered. As another poster noted, this is a generational habit (being a lifelong criminal), IMO. A lot of people in town are holding their breath, IMO

I found her believable, her body/facial language, until she talked about the police involved. I think the police stuff may be just second hand knowledge for her. I do believe the AM accounts, as she stated them, to be true first hand knowledge. AJMO
I didn't find her credible from the get. But that's just me. I'd explain all of the reasons why, but I can't without violating TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker