Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

A doctor will examine Millete to determine his mental fitness. A defendant is deemed mentally incompetent to stand trial if they are unable to understand the nature of the criminal proceedings or assist their attorney in their defense.
[..]
A hearing regarding his competency is set for Aug. 29 at the downtown San Diego courthouse.

I still think the -helpful uncle- could break this wide open. JM hope.

Crazy like a fox IMO
He displayed clear & evil planning!
TG for his digital foot print.

"In December of 2020, Larry conducted a search entitled: 'my wife doesn't want me to touch her' and then searched for 'Flunitrazepan, Rohypnol, and diphenhydramine.'"These are central nervous system sedatives and depressants that could be used to incapacitate a person. According to the DEA website, flunitrazepan is the generic name for Rohypnol, commonly referred to as a 'date rape' drug."
20TH OCT 2021, 21:30 HUSBAND SEARCHED FOR 'PLANTS YOU TAKE TO NEVER WAKE UP'
Maya Millete’s husband Larry searched for "plants you take to never wake up and hemlock poison" before his wife vanished, court documents reveal.

Last edited:
Interesting open case from San Diego Medical Examiner...no linkage necessarily but area seems consistent w/ area that maybe involved...

https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/me/press/press.html

Case Number2022-02181
NameNext of kin not notified
City of Residence
State of Residence
DOB
GenderUnknown
Place of DeathFound, open area, N 33 10 41 W 117 18 20, Carlsbad, California, 92010, San Diego, USA
Place of injury
Date and time of death
Date and time of InjuryUnknown Unknown
SummaryOn the evening of 7/3/2022, an individual fishing for shellfish in a creek in Carlsbad found an apparent human mandible in the riverbed. The bone was then transported to the San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office for examination.
Cause of Death/Updated CoD
Contributing Conditions
Manner
Investigating AgencyOceanside Police
Next of kin notifiedNo

Thanks carrgirl
Could be something…

El Salto Falls creek is an active waterway, and investigators know little about the bone’s appearance, including how it got to the area or how long it had been there, Reyes added. The land near the 40-foot cascade is a sacred spot to Native Americans as it was home to native villages for centuries…..
The sheriff’s Search and Rescue dive team was called to the scene to assist in searching for additional evidence, said sheriff’s Lt. Nanette

Hidden at the base of a Kohl’s parking lot, the waterfall lies on the border of Carlsbad and Oceanside

Last edited:
Wednesday, August 3rd:
*Probate Case Management Conference & Motions Hearing (re Guardianship) (@ 10:30am PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister; not found). *Larry Ibarreta Millete (40) charged (10/18/21), arrested (10/19/21) & arraigned (10/21/21) with murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Denied bail (11/4/21).
*Larry Millete (39/now 40) regarding gun violence restraining order on possession of guns (1/7/21) <<temporary GVRO in place against Millete was dissolved 12/1/21. Plead not guilty.
Guardianship Case: Probate case management conference & motions hearing on 8/3/22 @ 10:30am.
Case & court info from 1/7/21 thru 5/10/22 reference post #244 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-13

5/12/22 Update: Murder: Judge confirmed the CPO (Criminal Protective Order) is for the 3 children only. No electronic/video contact is allowed by Millete with his children or anyone else, just his lawyer. And cannot discuss the children with his parents if/when they visit him. Next status conference hearing on 6/9/22 @ 1:30pm, which was changed to a preliminary exam readiness hearing @ 8:30am & preliminary examination hearing on 6/27/22. 6/9/22 Update: Time changed on hearing from 8:30am to 1:30pm.
6/9/22 Update: The court suspended criminal proceedings Thursday. The defense attorney for Millete expressed doubts regarding her client’s competency to stand trial, leading San Diego Superior Court Judge Dwayne K. Moring to call for an evaluation of the defendant. A hearing regarding his competency is set for 8/29/22. Preliminary examination hearing on 6/27/22 has been cancelled.

The DA may be allowed to question the children. That's one of the two new developments--

New information regarding the criminal case against Larry Millete came out during a probate hearing downtown Wednesday, August 3.

Guardian ad litem Kelley James told Judge Julia Kelety that the San Diego District Attorney's Office would like to speak with the Millete children regarding the criminal case against their father.

"[The district attorney] would like to speak with them informally and she asked 'Who would be able to grant permission for that?'" said James. "It was an unfamiliar question for both her and I. Typically it would go to the parents, and in this case, that's not possible."

Judge Kelety gave James the authority to make the decision.

Just got home and saw this quick blurb on News8 WATCH THE NEWS VIDEO. Two new developments happened today.

From the link:

SAN DIEGO — New information regarding the criminal case against Larry Millete came out during a probate hearing downtown Wednesday, August 3.

Guardian ad litem Kelley James told Judge Julia Kelety that the San Diego District Attorney's Office would like to speak with the Millete children regarding the criminal case against their father.
[..]

Judge Kelety gave James the authority to make the decision.

"Your touchstone is what’s in the best interest of the children," said Judge Kelety. "And so I hope that will guide you coming to whatever decision you think is right and whatever terms you think would be appropriate for any such interviews.

[..]

Meanwhile, Judge Kelety also issued a tentative ruling granting attorneys for Maricris Drouaillet permission to depose Larry Millete in regards to the custody battle over the three children.

However, that deposition hinges on whether or not Millete is found mentally competent to stand trial in criminal court.

According to an attorney for Larry Millete's parents, even though the evaluation was scheduled to take place in July, Millete has not undergone a mental evaluation yet.

[..]

A hearing regarding custody of the kids was scheduled for Oct. 24.

@Niner

The second development was granting the attorneys for Maricris permission to depose LM.

Meanwhile, Judge Kelety also issued a tentative ruling granting attorneys for Maricris Drouaillet permission to depose Larry Millete in regards to the custody battle over the three children.

However, that deposition hinges on whether or not Millete is found mentally competent to stand trial in criminal court.

According to an attorney for Larry Millete's parents, even though the evaluation was scheduled to take place in July, Millete has not undergone a mental evaluation yet.

"Mr. Millete showed up for his evaluation. For some unknown reason he was not seen that day. So we're trying to figure out what happened, why he was not seen on that day and when it will be rescheduled for," said attorney Joseph Goldberg.

Goldberg said he was filling in for Millete's defense attorney Bonita Martinez, who was out sick.

(For @Niner below) :)

Larry Millete is scheduled to be back in criminal court at the end of August.

The second development was granting the attorneys for Maricris permission to depose LM.

"Mr. Millete showed up for his evaluation. For some unknown reason he was not seen that day. So we're trying to figure out what happened, why he was not seen on that day and when it will be rescheduled for," said attorney Joseph Goldberg.

Goldberg said he was filling in for Millete's defense attorney Bonita Martinez, who was out sick.

(For @Niner below) :)

Larry Millete is scheduled to be back in criminal court at the end of August.
From your link:
Mr. Millete showed up for his evaluation. For some unknown reason he was not seen that day. So we're trying to figure out what happened, why he was not seen on that day and when it will be rescheduled for," said attorney Joseph Goldberg

—————
IMO he’s playing more games.
He is even deeper in the EVIL dept than I thought. Well, it has not worked out for Lori Vallow Daybell …the hiding, the posturing, delaying etc.
GOOD always wins Larry.

MOO

From your link:
Mr. Millete showed up for his evaluation. For some unknown reason he was not seen that day. So we're trying to figure out what happened, why he was not seen on that day and when it will be rescheduled for," said attorney Joseph Goldberg

—————
IMO he’s playing more games.
He is even deeper in the EVIL dept than I thought. Well, it has not worked out for Lori Vallow Daybell …the hiding, the posturing, delaying etc.
GOOD always wins Larry.

MOO
Really curious what the reason he wasn’t seen was… I’m thinking he’s playing games as well.

Thanks you @Curious Me & @Seattle1 for the new info! I could not access those articles - so much appreciated for the short synopsis!

I have his murder case on 8/29/22.
I wouldn't be surprised if the 8/29 court date isn't continued since it was likely set with the expectation that LM would have been evaluated (competency) but seems this didn't happen as scheduled.

If anything, the defense might simply update the court on why LM was not evaluated and/or the new appointment date. The case is pretty much frozen until he's deemed competent to continue.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 8/29 court date isn't continued since it was likely set with the expectation that LM would have been evaluated (competency) but seems this didn't happen as scheduled.

If anything, the defense might simply update the court on why LM was not evaluated and/or the new appointment date. The case is pretty much frozen until he's deemed competent to continue.

I get alert's from the S.D. site for any changes in his scheduled hearings. Just in case it has changed - I shall go check it out now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back