OH OH - Dakota Blaine Clifford, 22, Bryan, 13 March 2022

mlhenn

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

upload_2022-3-29_17-59-20.png
22 yr old, white male
5’4”
165 lbs
Brown hair
Brown eyes

Last seen in Bryan, OH.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dakota Clifford left his house on on foot with his cell phone sometime after 0900 in the morning on 13 Mar 22.

He was wearing black sweatpants, a black jacket (not a hoodie), black tennis shoes and a blue knitted beanie.

Local Authorities Searching For Missing Bryan Man - The Village Reporter

Several photos of Dakota at above link.
Screenshot_20220319-113044_Facebook.jpg

Do we know if he's a veteran or if he's currently enlisted in the military?

Short answer yes, but I can't find MSM to prove it. Family is posting. I'm concerned for his safety from himself IMO. One of the pictures above have him in uniform. Family are posting that the military are involved as well. ALL IMO.
His LinkedIn page shows him as an E3 in the U.S. Army - that ties into what little of the Army fatigues I can see in the photo (and the military haircut) so I'd say he was probably in the military. https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Dakota/Clifford

1654051232875.jpeg
lhttps://namus.nij.ojp.gov/case/MP89974

Hmm, it says Fort Huachuca Criminal Investigation Division is investigating. It's an Army installation in Arizona. I wonder if that means he's still active duty.

If anyone knows of some good resources for families of missing persons, Dakota’s mom has expressed a need for them in some of her Facebook posts. I don’t believe LE has been very involved in the search efforts and her finances are limited. I often think how overwhelming it must be for someone to suddenly find themself with a missing loved one and no knowledge of the resources available. I messaged the family about texas equusearch midwest but I’m sure there’s more out there. We know he left on foot so I feel like a really good ground search is imperative here. I wonder if they’ve had any dogs out yet

If anyone knows of some good resources for families of missing persons, Dakota’s mom has expressed a need for them in some of her Facebook posts. I don’t believe LE has been very involved in the search efforts and her finances are limited. I often think how overwhelming it must be for someone to suddenly find themself with a missing loved one and no knowledge of the resources available. I messaged the family about texas equusearch midwest but I’m sure there’s more out there. We know he left on foot so I feel like a really good ground search is imperative here. I wonder if they’ve had any dogs out yet
Given the months that have passed, a scent dog would be of little to no use at this point. It's imperative that such dogs are utilized as quickly as possible as there can be degradation or dissipation of the scent trail in as little as 5 days depending on wind/water/temperature. Cadaver dogs are another matter but let's pray that's not necessary. I feel for his Mom, and her concerns about LE involvement. Ohio had over 400 missing children just last year. Resources just aren't as available for missing adults when there is no evidence of foul play, I'm afraid.

SBBM

She was given no indication of the severity of his mental state, and was told by him that he was fine. Isbell had no idea of the messages Clifford had sent to a friend on Discord, a messaging app typically used by people in online gaming communities.

I contemplated taking my Dad’s gun and heading out to the forest but. I am not completely *advertiser censored**** right now so I am not going to go down that route,” the message read, dated as Dec. 28, 2021.

“Well don’t do that,” the friend had replied.

“I’m not. It was just fleeting thoughts,” he had typed back.

Snip

Isbell received the phone call at 3 a.m. — Dakota was missing and so were one of his father’s guns.

:( Oh no, Dakota. Where'd you go?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back