TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #3

TBH: They would have had to have found a new principal.
They are already getting ready for school to start in 6 weeks.
Alot gets done now.
At this point in time, it would have been a challenge in a small town.
Who would want to take on that task?
Exactly @Friday Fan.

Also, something is not right if she lost her job before Chief PA is terminated! o_O

University Health
@UnivHealthSA

Today was a happy day at University Hospital! Our final patient from the Uvalde shooting, 10 year-old Mayah Zamora, was discharged! She passed out roses and left in style thanks to
@HEB. She is our hero and we can’t wait to see all she accomplishes in the future! #MayahStrong

3:15 PM · Jul 29, 2022

The look of the happiest father in the world....

University Health
@UnivHealthSA

Today was a happy day at University Hospital! Our final patient from the Uvalde shooting, 10 year-old Mayah Zamora, was discharged! She passed out roses and left in style thanks to
@HEB. She is our hero and we can’t wait to see all she accomplishes in the future! #MayahStrong

3:15 PM · Jul 29, 2022

The look of the happiest father in the world....

I was hoping that improvements were made at other schools since "Parkland" but it seems that Uvalde (and how many more school districts??) didn't learn from that massacre.

I've been watching the penalty phase for the Parkland shooter, and all the doors involved in that mass killing also were locked /unlocked with a key from the outside (hallway side) of classrooms.

I'm shocked that schools see no problem with a large glass window in the middle of a classroom door. The Parkland shooter killed and wounded victims in the hallways and killed and wounded victims inside locked classrooms by shooting through the windows in the doors.

One of the teachers in one of those Parkland classrooms testified that it would have been easy for the shooter to simply reach through the blasted out window, unlock the door and enter the classroom.

Apparently, the door can be unlocked from the inside without needing a key!!!
There are videos of how to combat a situation like this, where the perp can unlock the door. I've seen videos of demonstrations for active shooter situations. You take a belt, rope, or the strongest similar item, lash it around the V shaped hinge at the top of the door. (All doors I've ever seen with glass panes have one of these hinges at the top inside of the door.) Then pull it as tight as you can and tie it off. It's surprisingly effective, as it applies inward pressure to both sides of the hinge. It won't allow the hinge to expand.

There are videos of how to combat a situation like this, where the perp can unlock the door. I've seen videos of demonstrations for active shooter situations. You take a belt, rope, or the strongest similar item, lash it around the V shaped hinge at the top of the door. (All doors I've ever seen with glass panes have one of these hinges at the top inside of the door.) Then pull it as tight as you can and tie it off. It's surprisingly effective, as it applies inward pressure to both sides of the hinge. It won't allow the hinge to expand.
Well that just brings up a whole bunch of new questions (probably rhetorical, and a teeny bit facetious) ;)
Who gets that job in an active shooter situation? Do you remove belts and tie off the hinge before you scramble to the floor, seek cover and pray to survive? Do you have to stand anywhere near the non-bulletproof window while fiddling with the ad hoc door lock and holding onto the rope/belt for dear life?

Maybe each classroom can have a special glass case : Break in case of armed assault. It can be stocked with surgical grade medical supplies (tourniquets, defibrillators, wound packs, I.V.s etc.) That way, if LE can't (or won't) advance to end the attack, the teachers and students will at least have a fighting chance to stay alive until "professional" help arrives.
They could incorporate battlefield-medic type instruction for teachers and a few selected students who are interested in working with trauma and mass casualty events.

MOO

TBH: They would have had to have found a new principal.
They are already getting ready for school to start in 6 weeks.
Alot gets done now.
At this point in time, it would have been a challenge in a small town.
Who would want to take on that task?
Where are they sending the children? I wouldn’t send my kid back there.

Where are they sending the children? I wouldn’t send my kid back there.
I would assume from their website for returning student verification, which starts Aug. 4, that when a parent logs into the portal they will see the new campus assignment for their child? First day of school for UCISD is Sept. 6.

Screenshot_20220802-085635_(1).png

Termination hearing for Uvalde school police chief Pete Arredondo is delayed again​

I just don't understand.

ONCE AGAIN the elected officials are deflecting and obfuscating not only the reality but the integrity of the very justice system they were elected and entrusted to uphold.

I don't understand. And I am quite sure the families are way past infuriated.

This makes no sense and is quite obvious that there is protection going on - protecting who and what? Well, that is kinda obvious as well.

JMHO

Termination hearing for Uvalde school police chief Pete Arredondo is delayed again​

I just don't understand.

ONCE AGAIN the elected officials are deflecting and obfuscating not only the reality but the integrity of the very justice system they were elected and entrusted to uphold.

I don't understand. And I am quite sure the families are way past infuriated.

This makes no sense and is quite obvious that there is protection going on - protecting who and what? Well, that is kinda obvious as well.

JMHO

We already know Chief PA held the highest paid law enforcement position in the county, and I don't think it should be any surprise there's most likely a documented protocol here long ago decided between both the School District and the Police Union that must be followed.

At this time, the community is protected knowing that PA was forcibly relieved of any duties.

IMO, the District is wise not to shoot from the hip or make a popular, heartfelt decision but follow its own rules and not further damage the community by actions that could result in huge financial damages and prolonged litigation.

This is a small community that needs to be guarded with its limited budget or resources so that it can also replace the Chief and other officers required.

If I remember correctly, they surprisingly postponed the decision a couple of weeks ago only after receiving advice from the District's attorney (i.e., via PA's attorney).

I want this community to come back stronger than ever for the lost children, the survivors, and the survivor's children. This will take patience, clear minds, and listening to those paid to counsel the parties in charge. MOO

OMG!

Eight years before Uvalde school police Chief Pedro “Pete” Arredondo led a disastrous law enforcement response to a mass shooting at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, he was demoted from a high-ranking position at the Webb County Sheriff’s Office.

Yup... We discussed PA's history earlier when comparing the description of his District appointment to his fractured LinkedIn profiles-- very short on details.

I stand by my initial post threads ago -- PA disqualified himself the minute he intentionally removed his police radio(s) from his person.

Dude's a lone wolf -- does not work well with others, believes he's smarter than the rest, wanted all the glory, and refuses to take any responsibility.

BBM
... state Sen. Roland Gutierrez did not properly file a request under the Texas Public Information Act...

On May 30, Gutierrez, a Democrat whose district includes Uvalde, wrote a letter to DPS Director Steve McCraw requesting the department’s training manuals and any documents describing how his 91 state police officers responded to the Uvalde school shooting, the Texas Tribune reported...

At a hearing last week, Uvalde County District Attorney Christina Mitchell Busbee had asked the judge not to release the state police records about its response to the Uvalde shooting over concerns it could jeopardize ongoing investigations by Texas Rangers – a division of DPS – as well as the FBI.

1st - Gutierrez needs to file an FOIA & says he will.

2nd - It shouldn't be overly broad (training manuals) but specific to the school shooting.

3rd - The article emphasizes conflict due to DPS criticizing the response where a technicality (formal FOIA request) is the issue. Even Gutierrez must follow the law.

The rhetoric should be toned down IMO. Let's see how this plays out.

Emotions are still running hot. The truth needs to be pursued in the right way.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back