NH - Kassandra - Benjamin - Mason Sweeney Shot to Death in Northfield - Juvenile Charged *ARREST*

8/4/22

Officials from the Attorney General’s Office responded to the scene of the three deaths at a residence, Attorney General John Formella, State Police Colonel Nathan Noyes, and Northfield Police Chief John Raffaelly announced.

Northfield is a town of about 5,000 people in Merrimack County between Canterbury to the south and Tilton to the North.

Hey guys, first time posting here, so bear with me. The woman murdered was a friend of my wife's, and I was looking into more information about what happened, and came across this thread. Has anyone heard any new info about what happened?
Hi @Aknockingmormon ! I am so sorry for yours and your wife's loss. This is horrific, and I can't imagine what those close to this family must be going through. Your input is very valuable to all of us here. Please consider becoming a Verified Insider so you can provide information here without having to list your mainstream media source. The moderators are great and can help if you follow the directions at this link: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Hey guys, first time posting here, so bear with me. The woman murdered was a friend of my wife's, and I was looking into more information about what happened, and came across this thread. Has anyone heard any new info about what happened?
No unfortunately, just what's been reported. From following lots of cases like this, I get a very strong impression that law enforcement knows who did this.

When they come out and say there is no danger to the public, it's almost always based on solid evidence to that effect. So there isn't some random killer out there going around wiping out families.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an arrest relatively soon (a few days).

No unfortunately, just what's been reported. From following lots of cases like this, I get a very strong impression that law enforcement knows who did this.

When they come out and say there is no danger to the public, it's almost always based on solid evidence to that effect. So there isn't some random killer out there going around wiping out families.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an arrest relatively soon (a few days).
Gotcha. We haven't lived in the state for the last year, but she just saw on Facebook that Kassandra had passed, so we started digging and started seeing articles about it. My wife used to work with her, but it's been a few years since then and I'm not sure we'd have anything of value to add. We just want to know who did this. I'm hoping to see an arrest soon

Updated Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 8:47 pm ET

1659677601799.png
1659677685797.png
1659677748267.png

NORTHFIELD, NH - The deaths of a woman and two children in Northfield have been ruled as homicides after autopsies were completed Thursday.
The investigation to date has revealed that on Wednesday, at approximately 11:33 a.m., law enforcement officers arrived at 56 Wethersfield Drive in Northfield, New Hampshire in response to a 911 call for service. Upon their arrival, officers located three deceased individuals inside the residence, an adult female and two juveniles.
Autopsies were conducted on the deceased individuals today by Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Jennie V. Duval. The individuals were identified as Kassandra Sweeney, age 25, and her two sons Benjamin Sweeney, age 4, and Mason Sweeney, age 1. Dr. Duval determined that the cause of Ms. Sweeney's death was a single gunshot wound, and the manner of her death was homicide. [children also died of gunshot wounds].

[..]

New Hampshire State Police Major Crime continued to work at the scene of 56 Wethersfield Drive throughout the day Thursday. The house is located well off the road and accessed from a long driveway. The house is not visible from the road but from an aerial perspective a pool, children's toys, and a large amount of sand can be seen in the driveway.

View attachment 357903
View attachment 357904
View attachment 357905

NORTHFIELD, NH - The deaths of a woman and two children in Northfield have been ruled as homicides after autopsies were completed Thursday.
The investigation to date has revealed that on Wednesday, at approximately 11:33 a.m., law enforcement officers arrived at 56 Wethersfield Drive in Northfield, New Hampshire in response to a 911 call for service. Upon their arrival, officers located three deceased individuals inside the residence, an adult female and two juveniles.
Autopsies were conducted on the deceased individuals today by Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Jennie V. Duval. The individuals were identified as Kassandra Sweeney, age 25, and her two sons Benjamin Sweeney, age 4, and Mason Sweeney, age 1. Dr. Duval determined that the cause of Ms. Sweeney's death was a single gunshot wound, and the manner of her death was homicide. [children also died of gunshot wounds].

[..]

New Hampshire State Police Major Crime continued to work at the scene of 56 Wethersfield Drive throughout the day Thursday. The house is located well off the road and accessed from a long driveway. The house is not visible from the road but from an aerial perspective a pool, children's toys, and a large amount of sand can be seen in the driveway.

This breaks my heart.

8/5/22

One neighbor said she did not know the family in the house very well and that they hadn’t lived there very long.

The Attorney General, State Police Col. and Northfield Police Chief are investigating the incident.

This is a developing story. Stay with 7NEWS on-air and online for updates.

For Immediate Release
August 3, 2022
Michael S. Garrity, Director of Communications
michael.s.garrity@doj.nh.gov | (603) 931-9375

Geoffrey W.R. Ward, Senior Assistant Attorney General
Chief, Criminal Justice Bureau
Geoffrey.W.Ward@doj.nh.gov | (603) 545-1737

Suspicious Deaths in Northfield, New Hampshire​

Concord, NH – Attorney General John M. Formella, State Police Colonel Nathan Noyes, and Northfield Police Chief John Raffaelly announce that officials from the Attorney General's Office are responding to the scene of three suspicious deaths, an adult female and two juveniles, at a residence in Northfield, New Hampshire.
Additional information will be released as it becomes available while protecting the integrity of the investigation.

Very sad case. The wording of GF presents the surviving family as an united front.

Who called 911? Was it Kassandra? Was the car taken from the residence the same one described on the BOLO?
WMUR9 newscast video from the scene linked below indicates the 911 call came in shortly after 11 AM on Weds but authorities will not release who made the call. Investigators remained at the residence for more than 24 hours after the 911 call.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with a missing vehicle or BOLO for a vehicle.

View attachment 357903
View attachment 357904
View attachment 357905

[..]

Who is the older male in the picture with Kassandra and the kids?

Updated: 6:06 AM EDT Aug 5, 2022

Sources told News 9 that Northfield and state police were called to the address just before 11:30 a.m. Wednesday after someone reported that several people might have been injured. When officers arrived, they found the bodies of Sweeney and her two sons.

The state police Major Crimes Unit returned to their home just before 9 a.m. Thursday.

A silver Ford F-150 was taken away on a flatbed truck Thursday morning, but there was no word as to why it was removed.

[..]

K-9 units were also seen going in and out of the home, and officers began searching a wooded area near the home later in the day.

"Investigators believe they've identified all individuals involved at this point and they don't believe there's any danger to the public," said Geoffrey Ward, Senior Assistant Attorney General.

Ward would not comment specifically on any suspects in the case. The attorney general's office said no arrest warrants were issued, adding the investigation remains active.

WMUR9 newscast video from the scene linked below indicates the 911 call came in shortly after 11 AM on Weds but authorities will not release who made the call. Investigators remained at the residence for more than 24 hours after the 911 call.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with a missing vehicle or BOLO for a vehicle.

BOLO/detainment info. Strange that it was apparently only mentioned in this article.
-be on the lookout (BOLO) for silver or light-colored Ford F-150 driven by a man possibly in his twenties. One BOLO indicated it was an officer safety bulletin and "it is unknown if the suspect still has the weapon in connection with the Wethersfield Road incident."
-vehicle with a matching plate from the BOLO was located at the Walmart in Tilton and the broadcast indicated "two people from the vehicle were being detained at this time".

BOLO/detainment info. Strange that it was apparently only mentioned in this article.
I understood the victims were shot inside the residence.

If this BOLO is about a reported "Wethersfield Road incident" and vehicle located at or near Walmart, I wonder if it's unrelated to the homicide and a separate incident??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back