GUILTY Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice little summary of where things stand :

Wasn't previously aware of this date :

In April 1983, Mr Dawson sought an order for the dissolution of his marriage with Lynette on the basis of abandonment. He was awarded all marital assets including their home at 2 Gilwinga Drive, Bayview.
From that article I would be a bit concerned if they took the evidence of the phone taps as testimony given they are not under oath. He has denied any responsibility and this is a man the defence claims started as an "Appropriate relationship".

"Mr Dawson did not give evidence during his trial, with his defence instead relying on statements he had made during a police interview and calls which were intercepted by phone taps."

“The defence position is it started out as an appropriate teacher-student relationship, it did change, we accept that … clearly Mr Dawson has had a relationship with a student,” Ms David said.

From that article I would be a bit concerned if they took the evidence of the phone taps as testimony given they are not under oath. He has denied any responsibility and this is a man the defence claims started as an "Appropriate relationship".

"Mr Dawson did not give evidence during his trial, with his defence instead relying on statements he had made during a police interview and calls which were intercepted by phone taps."

“The defence position is it started out as an appropriate teacher-student relationship, it did change, we accept that … clearly Mr Dawson has had a relationship with a student,” Ms David said.

It may have started out fine. It doesn't say how long it was an appropriate teacher-student relationship. It's possible that may have lasted only five minutes.

When listening to CD and his sister speak whilst under surveillance...im not sure if there's an audio version of body language...but something ain't quite right there..

Last edited:
When listening to CD and his sister speak whilst under surveillance...im not sure if there's an audio version of body language...but something ain't quite right there..
They sound to me like a family who just lack depth.
Awkward.

My hubbys family are just like them.

So ...sun is nice and sunny today.......and that's about it.
There is plenty of dirty washing in the laundry.....but it NEVER gets addressed.
(only behind each others backs...)

moo

...from the CD and PD phone intercept...

PD ..."Either Lyn is somewhere with a whole new life.."
CD "..yeah.."
PD "...or something happened, I mean..."
CD "...I know.."
PD "...She could be anywhere! ..I mean, it coulda happened after she went to the central coast...it coulda happened when she went on to Western Australia....it coulda happened anywhere!"
CD ..."...yeah....."

....hmmm...what could be the "it" PD is referring to here???

"it coulda happened after she went to the central coast...it coulda happened when she went on to Western Australia...."

...hmmm...i wonder how long CD and PD have been referring to Lyn's death as "it"?

Last edited:
This is the link for The Teachers Trial Ep 12 - "Sue"

Episode 12 - Sue - The Teacher's Trial

Starts with how Sue Strath (LD's friend) felt the Police were not doing their jobs and she wrote to the Ombudsmen 3 years later.... she wanted to go a step above the Police. She felt LD had never walked out on her children.

Hedley found the '80s Ombudsmen documents - in the State Archives :) Govt Storage Container !

Sue's complaint had NOT been disposed of and was found in full - a full 33years later (handwritten by Sue).

It's a must to listen to.

3 high schools that were reportedly “hotbeds” of student-teacher sexual activity in the 1980s — when teens were cheated on drink, drugs and molested — are the subject of an active police investigation and legal claim for damages.

Chris Dawson’s former school, now called Northern Beaches Secondary College Cromer Campus, is being investigated along with the Forest and Beacon Hills high schools by Strike Force Southwood of the NSW Police Crime Command.

At the same time, Maurice Blackburn’s lawyers are seeking damages for former students of the schools.

The Strike Force is investigating 20 teachers some of whom alleged victims claim “used their position to have sex with students” amid a “beach culture” at a time when teachers’ sex with teens was “not a problem” .

For me..
The story of Lyn running away on January 9th, 1982...hangs by the thread that is Chris's word... that she did this...

In my mind, when i put a little bit of weight on that story, the thread snaps...every time...

Once an inference is made that CD's word is not correct ...ie. .the story is a lie... in my view ... the defence's case falls apart...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member