Found Safe UK - Owami Davies, 24, from Chafford Hundred, Essex, last seen in Croydon, Surrey, 6 Jul 2022

And the answer to my question is:

The Met Police has been granted extra time to question three other men, aged 23, 27 and 32, previously arrested on suspicion of murder.

Owami Davies: Fourth murder arrest over missing student nurse

So I think there must be a significant quantity of evidence mounting up, as the first arrests were on Monday and that's a fair bit of extra time.

JMO

It's been said that Owami didn't turn up at work after her last sighting. Since the family home is in Essex, and she was last seen in Croydon, I'm wondering if she's been on a placement at Croydon University Hospital. Does anyone know if that's correct? The Guardian says she's in the last couple of months of her training and is due to work at Guy's & St Thomas's from this autumn, but I haven't seen any info about where she currently works.

Owami Davies: mother pleads for daughter’s return as three arrested on suspicion of murder

Croydon University Hospital is a stone's throw from Derby Road - in fact is just round the corner from the junction where the CCTV is located - and I'm just wondering if the roads nearby are where students at the hospital tend to rent accommodation, and if so whether Owami was going to a house that she knew or with a person that was familiar to her.

Just speculation at this point. Maybe someone's read something that would help fill the gaps.

It's been said that Owami didn't turn up at work after her last sighting. Since the family home is in Essex, and she was last seen in Croydon, I'm wondering if she's been on a placement at Croydon University Hospital. Does anyone know if that's correct? The Guardian says she's in the last couple of months of her training and is due to work at Guy's & St Thomas's from this autumn, but I haven't seen any info about where she currently works.

Owami Davies: mother pleads for daughter’s return as three arrested on suspicion of murder

Croydon University Hospital is a stone's throw from Derby Road - in fact is just round the corner from the junction where the CCTV is located - and I'm just wondering if the roads nearby are where students at the hospital tend to rent accommodation, and if so whether Owami was going to a house that she knew or with a person that was familiar to her.

Just speculation at this point. Maybe someone's read something that would help fill the gaps.

I would say it’s about a 10 minute bus journey or 30 minute walk from that road to Croydon hospital. Would be interesting to know why she was there. Haven’t seen any mention of that, so maybe she was there to meet one of the men?

If you read my post #5 and others it clearly states the family home in Croydon, which may or may not be correct as the Standard says:

Ms Davies left her family home in Chafford Hundred, near Grays in Essex, on July 4, saying she was going to the gym. However she was last seen on CCTV 29 miles away at a shop in Derby Road, West Croydon, at 12.03am on July 7.

There may be relatives in Essex, or just where she was living.

She was not working at any hospital in the Croydon area.

Last edited:
I missed the part where it said the family home was in Croydon. That’s more surprising for me that I have only just seen missing posts on social media 2 days ago considering it’s local.

Neighbour Iman Salah, 42, has told how she saw a stand-off between police and a man at a property next door to her home in Derby Road.

“They were searching… they dismantled the mattress and looked inside it.”

Ms Salah said officers arrived at 3am on Monday, August 1, and 20 minutes later arrested a man.

Police were chasing him to come out and then the police were there wearing their body cameras.

“All the SWAT teams were at the house - They blocked all the windows.

“We know the girl came from West Croydon station to Derby Road and they’ve seen from the CCTV camera, she didn’t exit the road.

More info and some pics at the link ...........

All of the reliable media is reporting that the family home is in Essex and that she left there on Monday 4 July, 3 days before her last known sighting, in the small hours of Thursday 7th.

e.g.
Owami Davies: Fourth murder arrest over missing student nurse

She was reported missing to Essex Police on 11 July (per the BBC link above) which suggests that her absence didn't give cause for alarm immediately. To me, that suggests there was a known place she was imagined to be until she failed to get in touch/be contactable. A work placement that she left for on Monday morning after a weekend 'at home' is one very logical explanation, but there may be others.

If she was not in Croydon for work, then to me that increases the likelihood that she went there to see someone she knew.

But, as I say, I've seen nothing definitive - or at all, actually - about where her most recent placement has been. It would be useful if anyone can link to a source that discusses that.

JMO

If you read my post #5 and others it clearly states the family home in Croydon, which may or may not be correct as the Standard says:

Ms Davies left her family home in Chafford Hundred, near Grays in Essex, on July 4, saying she was going to the gym. However she was last seen on CCTV 29 miles away at a shop in Derby Road, West Croydon, at 12.03am on July 7.

There may be relatives in Essex, or just where she was living.

She was not working at any hospital in the Croydon area.
Post #6 from @Legally Bland quotes the bbc which states family home in Essex.

I think the bbc is more likely to have their facts straight than the Sun, but thats just my personal opinion.

Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murder - A aged 27; B aged 23 - and two men have been arrested on suspicion of kidnap C aged 32, and D aged 22.

A, B and C were bailed to return on a date in early September. D remains in custody.

Croydon MPS
@MPSCroydon
·
Jul 28

#MISSING | Can you help us find 24-year-old Owami from #Grays in #Essex. She was last seen in the #Croydon area on Wednesday, 6 July. We’re very concerned for her welfare. If seen, please call police on 101 or Tweet
@MetCC and quote CAD2709/27JUL.

View attachment 357964

The picture is hugely concerning, and not only because of how distressed Owami looks in it.

It was taken on Clarendon Road, which is just round the corner from Derby Road (it's the junction that the CCTV camera was located at). It appears to have been taken the same day, because of the clothes she's wearing, but imho was taken earlier, because while not light (curtains appear to be drawn in windows, for example), it isn't as completely dark as in the CCTV images.

So that makes me think that Owami was in the area of Derby & Clarendon Roads for some time, apparently in a state of distress, as opposed to the CCTV capturing her arrival there with/followed by a man for the first time.

I am wondering if the police know that. I assume they must, since they've tweeted the pic, but the appeal hasn't said anything about her being in multiple roads in the area, and if the goal is to jog people's memories I feel it would/should have been mentioned.

Is it a selfie? It seems like it to me, and I'm wondering if it was taken on her phone and sent to someone in hopes of raising the alarm? It's a pretty upsetting picture, all in all.

This is the Google Streetview link to the houses behind her, for anyone who wants to see for themselves: Google Maps

JMO

It looks to me a little like it’s been taking from inside a parked car while she’s outside looking into it. Would be intrigued to know if she knows any of those arrested, seems strange that 2 are on suspicion of murder & 2 just on kidnap

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back