Found Deceased FL - Jason Winoker 52, from Tampa, Springhill Suites, Tallahassee, 17 Aug 2021

I don't think he has a mental illness. I think the issues he was having were related to other medical issues and a faulty pacemaker. The faulty pacemaker hasn't been verified AFAIK, it's just a theory I have, but many of the things he complained (loss of restful sleep, waking up agitated, depression, etc) plus medication he was taking suggest his circumstances may have been exacerbated by a combination of these events.
According to the missing page for Jason it talks about his having depression.
Missing Jason | Facebook

According to the missing page for Jason it talks about his having depression.
Missing Jason | Facebook

A lot of people struggle with depression. I don't think we should jump to such a conclusion until we know more. Of course people with depression sometimes take their own life, but most don't and I think it's dangerous for law enforcement to discount the very real possibility that a missing person is missing unlinked to their depression. I'm not saying that's what LE is doing here, but just offering another perspective on the dangers of conclusions based on depression history. Also, depression and cardiac history are very closely linked.

Not sure where this is relative to last seen location
ETA: Seven miles, all main roads

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, haven't followed this case in a while.

I came to post this also. It would be a good trek. It's not far from the interstate, but there is a more direct route if that's where he was headed. We have a couple other missing persons in Tallahassee, but I don't think any of them are in this area either. It'll be interesting to find out who they belong to, but I figure it could be quite some time before results are in. Hopefully there was some recognizable clothing that at least gives them some idea of who it may be.

I came to post this also. It would be a good trek. It's not far from the interstate, but there is a more direct route if that's where he was headed. We have a couple other missing persons in Tallahassee, but I don't think any of them are in this area either. It'll be interesting to find out who they belong to, but I figure it could be quite some time before results are in. Hopefully there was some recognizable clothing that at least gives them some idea of who it may be.
Hi, this is Jason's wife. I am not sure whether they have identified this individual, but it is not Jason. I thought the same thing when I read the news story about a week ago. I came across the story around 3am and was awake for the rest of the night looking at Google maps and worrying. This was about 8 miles from the Springhill Suites we stayed at. When I contacted the detective with TPD in the morning, he told me he had reached out to Leon County Sheriff on the date of the incident and had confirmed it was not Jason. Although it is so difficult to not have any answers or closure, there is relief that part of me can continue to hope. Hopefully the person they found has been identified and his/her family can find some peace.

Hi, this is Jason's wife. I am not sure whether they have identified this individual, but it is not Jason. I thought the same thing when I read the news story about a week ago. I came across the story around 3am and was awake for the rest of the night looking at Google maps and worrying. This was about 8 miles from the Springhill Suites we stayed at. When I contacted the detective with TPD in the morning, he told me he had reached out to Leon County Sheriff on the date of the incident and had confirmed it was not Jason. Although it is so difficult to not have any answers or closure, there is relief that part of me can continue to hope. Hopefully the person they found has been identified and his/her family can find some peace.
Thank you for coming to WS and sharing this important update on Jason in regards to the remains found. i Can’t imagine the feelings you must have felt upon reading the article. I’m glad the TPD detective seems to be on the ball.

I went back to check and see Jason has been missing since 8/17/2021. So hard to realize a year has gone by. As @minneolo said, you are still in our thoughts and we fervently hope you will find Jason one day soon. As you say, continue to hope.

Glad to meet you, but so sorry about the circumstances!

Please consider becoming a Verified Insider for this thread:

Verification process

Thank you very much for joining us here!

All of my heartfelt thoughts and prayers for @RenW and all of his family and friends tonight. Regardless of outcome, a major emotional weight to live with the not knowing, and hoping that eventually they find solace and peace, Xo.

Hopefully this is allowed. Katie Kaplan is a local reporter. She does stories on long missing persons. She posted on FB last night with a video that shows a shot of the hotel then pans over to the wooded area the remains were found in. It's a good perspective for non-locals. Also shows how busy the roadway is at night.

Hopefully this is allowed. Katie Kaplan is a local reporter. She does stories on long missing persons. She posted on FB last night with a video that shows a shot of the hotel then pans over to the wooded area the remains were found in. It's a good perspective for non-locals. Also shows how busy the roadway is at night.
So close, if he only made it that far I can't believe they didn't find him in the initial search. Wow.

So close, if he only made it that far I can't believe they didn't find him in the initial search. Wow.
If I recall correctly they searched within a 1 mile radius and used a drone in part of the search. This part is HEAVILY wooded so it's entirely possible it was overlooked. The residentially challenged have taken up more on the parkway and begun spreading through the woods in this area over the last year so I'm sure the group that found the remains was likely one of them as they're creating trails or camps in these areas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back