Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a terrible tragedy :(
When I read about Anne's childhood trauma I felt very sad.

I wonder about the completely destroyed house.
Will the insurance company pay for a new one?

All in all, Thank goodness nobody was killed!
May Anne recuperate.

Last edited:
One of the articles posted upthread suggests that the bottle with the red cap is vodka.

...An earlier shot also shows Heche moments before the second accident at the wheel with a bottle of vodka with a red cap plonked in the cup holder...
Yes, but I think that was speculation. I couldn't tell from the TMZ picture what kind of bottle it is. There's been no confirmation that alcohol was involved, although she has said publicly that she used in the past. Apparently it wasn't possible to test for alcohol after arriving at the hospital. Maybe once she's stable they will test for drugs.

We don't know the extent of her injuries, but she must at least be facing charges for speeding and reckless driving/endangering others. She almost killed that woman in her house and destroyed her home. Imo

...A Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson said the crash was under investigation and that there was no immediate indication regarding its cause.

It was possible, he said, the patient would be subject to a blood draw as part of the police investigation. In California, police don't need a warrant for a blood draw if a person was arrested on a DUI charge prior to the test.

Such arrests can be made based on officers' observations and circumstantial evidence such as drugs or alcohol in a vehicle...

Being in critical condition, taking blood won’t be an issue.

Nor will officers observations.

The video showing the speeding vehicle and hearing the crash will give them most of what they need to know.

IF she was trying to kill herself but survives, she will wish she had succeeded.

Treatment for burns esp. is a dreadful experience, never mind other injuries she may have suffered.

I just hope her insurance and assets are enough to replace the home she burned down.

I have been haunted by the video of that crash in LA. Just awful! Is there a thread for it? :(
OT: I was wondering if there is a thread as well. I'm in So Cal and there is a great deal of coverage about this (I won't call it an accident because in my mind it was murder).
IMO It wasn't an "accident" that this woman went flying through this intersection. Someone had their foot on the accelerator.

Yes, but I think that was speculation. I couldn't tell from the TMZ picture what kind of bottle it is. There's been no confirmation that alcohol was involved, although she has said publicly that she used in the past. Apparently it wasn't possible to test for alcohol after arriving at the hospital. Maybe once she's stable they will test for drugs.

We don't know the extent of her injuries, but she must at least be facing charges for speeding and reckless driving/endangering others. She almost killed that woman in her house and destroyed her home. Imo
I don't understand how they couldn't test for alcohol. They had to have started multiple IV's on Anne due to the critical nature of the injuries. It would be simple to collect a vile while doing that.
In fact, I feel sure they did collect blood upon her arrival at the hospital for other pertinent tests that they would have needed to run in order to stabilize a critically ill patient. This is routine.

I don't understand how they couldn't test for alcohol. They had to have started multiple IV's on Anne due to the critical nature of the injuries. It would be simple to collect a vile while doing that.
In fact, I feel sure they did collect blood upon her arrival at the hospital for other pertinent tests that they would have needed to run in order to stabilize a critically ill patient. This is routine.
As mentioned in the NBC report that I posted upthread, maybe a warrant was needed before conducting alcohol and/or drug testing on the critical patient. By now, LE probably does have the necessary information to determine the cause of the crash. I expect to know more details about the cause of the accident before day's end. JMO

Last edited:
good Lord...

"Anne Heche's crash into an L.A. home this week was likely just a disaster waiting to happen -- because she was allegedly speeding down other residential streets not too long before.

TMZ has obtained video of what we're told shows Heche flying down a quiet back road nestled into a neighborhood in the Venice Beach area Friday"

I agree. It's very important that her team know what substances (legal or illegal) she might have ingested when deciding her treatment protocol Examples - a patient who routinely abuses pain medications would necessitate a different protocol. Another example would be in discerning level of consciousness. Is is a head injury or ingestion of narcotics/alcohol. Whether LE can have access to that information is another matter.

It bothers me that some media are stating she was drunk and that red capped bottle was vodka, as though it is fact. May very well be true, but we don't know that for certain.

With Anne's horrible childhood trauma, and past incidents, she may very well have been in a fugue state or temporary psychosis. Such trauma is a lifelong struggle. (I know)

I feel very sorry for the homeowner who lost her house.
I also feel very sorry for Anne.

I'm confused about that as well. Maybe they've run tests by now, but haven't yet released the information to the public. I couldn't think of any reason they wouldn't be able to do bloodwork. Maybe police need a few days to investigate before they release more details. I'm curious what caused her behavior. Driving a hundred miles an hour in a residential area? She could have killed multiple people, including children, or herself. After being trapped in a burning car for 30 minutes, I'm surprised she was conscious.

It bothers me that some media are stating she was drunk and that red capped bottle was vodka, as though it is fact. May very well be true, but we don't know that for certain.
Hmmm....
It looks like a small bottle (for alcohol) so called breast/flask one.
Im not sure how it is called in English.

I should know as I come from a country which produces vodka.
I see these bottles in shops every day.

But, of course, I might be wrong.

MOO

Last edited:
I have been haunted by the video of that crash in LA. Just awful! Is there a thread for it? :(
Just started could not find another one..

Yes. I remember her interview with Barbara Walters when she said she had been "insane" most of her life. She was very open about her alternate personality and self destructive behavior. She described horrific sexual abuse by her father. I remember thinking she was a deeply troubled woman.

She's expected to live, I hope she does and can get the help she needs, if this was in fact some sort of manic episode.

I’ve learned that once a person becomes psychotic, it is easier for them to become psychotic again. But, it does look like she’s led a normal life for a couple decades, which indicates she may be able to get out of this again, if she survives.

30 minutes on fire? I don’t know how she’s alive at all.

I agree. It's very important that her team know what substances (legal or illegal) she might have ingested when deciding her treatment protocol Examples - a patient who routinely abuses pain medications would necessitate a different protocol. Another example would be in discerning level of consciousness. Is is a head injury or ingestion of narcotics/alcohol. Whether LE can have access to that information is another matter.

She’s in the ICU. I don’t think they cared to test her, had time to test her or needed to at that point. She was intubated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member