Anne Heche in critical condition following fiery car crash, 5 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started could not find another one..

It makes one realize how easily it can all end due to the actions of another.

Just started could not find another one..
Thank you so much @dotr

I’ve learned that once a person becomes psychotic, it is easier for them to become psychotic again. But, it does look like she’s led a normal life for a couple decades, which indicates she may be able to get out of this again, if she survives.

30 minutes on fire? I don’t know how she’s alive at all.
I can't even imagine the pain she must have endured.

My brother-in-law was in a horrific car accident. He’s a firefighter. Fellow firefighters and paramedics responded. They knew him, he was in so much pain he was given something that made a drug/alcohol test useless. He would have failed.

I can't even imagine the pain she must have endured.
I couldn't believe that AH was actually conscious when she was on the gurney o_O In one of the video clips that I've seen, it looks like she is actually trying to sit up with her arms flailing as she is being put into the ambulance! So sad :( If she survives, Ms. Heche's life is going to be unbelievably challenging. JMO

ETA: The video that I referenced above is within this report: Actress Anne Heche crashes car into Mar Vista home, sparking large fire There is also a still photo that shows burns on Heche's back as she attempts to sit up.

Last edited:
Actress Anne Heche is in "stable" condition after crashing a car into a California home Friday, ex-boyfriend Thomas Jane said, adding Heche is "expected to pull through."

I believe the danger is infection with burn injuries.

I'm a bit confused was she speeding before the first crash too? Or was she stunned by the first crash and that could be why she panicked and sped away. I agree with the poster that said that she could have injured others. Her struggles are only going to be harder. JMO

Horrible, horrible thing. The poor lady who's house was destroyed, and poor Anne. I have always had a soft spot for her, and I think she is a troubled soul. I hope she pulls through, and has lots of love and support, because this is a life-changing accident and she's got a tough go. I also hope she had very, very good insurance and that lady gets another home. That whole thing would be terrifying to go through, I'd be a nervous wreck on top of losing everything. At least she got her pets out, and wasn't injured.

90 mph=150kmph
More or less.

It is 2 times more than what is allowed in a built up area in my country
(50/60 km ph).
The speed limit in residential areas of CA is generally 25 MPH. She was flying. I thought I heard in a live broadcast yesterday that there was also a school on the street. Did anyone else read that?

Horrible, horrible thing. The poor lady who's house was destroyed, and poor Anne. I have always had a soft spot for her, and I think she is a troubled soul. I hope she pulls through, and has lots of love and support, because this is a life-changing accident and she's got a tough go. I also hope she had very, very good insurance and that lady gets another home. That whole thing would be terrifying to go through, I'd be a nervous wreck on top of losing everything. At least she got her pets out, and wasn't injured.
I agree. I was reading a bit about her online yesterday and didn't realize what a torturous childhood she had. A troubled soul indeed.

Being in critical condition, taking blood won’t be an issue.

Nor will officers observations.

The video showing the speeding vehicle and hearing the crash will give them most of what they need to know.

IF she was trying to kill herself but survives, she will wish she had succeeded.

Treatment for burns esp. is a dreadful experience, never mind other injuries she may have suffered.

I just hope her insurance and assets are enough to replace the home she burned down.
I am so happy that the pets were saved from the home that burned down.

So sad for the owner who lost her home.

A toxicology screen would be a routine order if alcohol/drug ingestion was suspected.
I see LAPD black uniforms all over the scene with the firefighters (DM photos and videos). If the red cap small bottle in the cupholder is alcohol, or if they smell alcohol, or any other probable cause like crashing straight into a house in a residential T-intersection at 90mph in broad daylight, California police have the authority to order warrantless blood draw per Title 17 (2018):

JMO they handle DUI accidents every day in LA and they likely did do a blood draw if not in the ambulance while placing an IV line, then immediately at the ER. OTOH she is a rich celebrity and JMO the handling may be *special* ...

rbbm.
By Diana Dasrath and Dennis Romero
''Actor Anne Heche is in stable condition after crashing her car into a Los Angeles home on Friday, her ex-boyfriend Thomas Jane.''

''Jane said Heche is intubated but is "expected to pull through."
"While Anne and I are no longer an item, todays tragic news was devastating to me and to all who love her. My heart goes out to Anne and her two sons," he said in a statement. "My thoughts and prayers are with Anne, one of the true talents of her generation. Thank God no one else was hurt."

''A Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson said the crash was under investigation and that there was no immediate indication regarding its cause.

It was possible, he said, the patient would be subject to a blood draw as part of the police investigation. In California, police don't need a warrant for a blood draw if a person was arrested on a DUI charge prior to the test.
Such arrests can be made based on officers' observations and circumstantial evidence such as drugs or alcohol in a vehicle.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member