Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
PLACER COUNTY, Ca. (News 4 & Fox 11) — The Placer County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) is asking for the public's help in locating missing 16-year-old teen, Kiely Rodni.

According to PCSO, Kiely was last seen at around 12:30 a.m. on August 6 near the Prosser Family Campground in Truckee. She was said to be at a party with a huge group of minors and young adults. Her car is also not located at the party and her phone has been out of service.

Kiely is described as:
  • Caucasian female
  • Five-feet-seven-inches tall
  • Weights 115 pounds
  • Blonde hair
  • Hazel eyes
  • Green Dickies pants, black tank top, multiple piercings and jewelry with a nose ring
Her car is a silver 2013 Honda CRV with a California license plate of 8YUR127.

Anyone with information on Kiely's whereabouts is urged to call PCSO at (530) 886-5357.

2ed18e2f-6bb4-439a-baee-70bb7aacafd6-large16x9_kielyrodni.png

21eb9e2f-c096-4822-8363-d71f5ff22e48-medium16x9_carofmissing16yokiely.jpg

Best case scenario is that she has run away. This was the case with a 17 year old in my town who left a party in a rural area and didn’t surface for over three months! Her car was found damaged an hour away and it was a very scary time for her family and those of us on WS who got very invested in the case. The thread is no longer visible, so I won’t mention her name. I hope Kiely is found soon…and is safe! If you can, come home Kiely!

This is getting a lot of news coverage, at least from what I can tell on SM. Appears to have been a large campground party with over 100 teenagers and young adults.
Here’s info about the party area, located within Tahoe National Forest: Tahoe National Forest - Prosser Family Campground

Surely the authorities have been able to speak with friends or at least a few others who were at the party, right?! I can’t imagine how worried her family must be. Hoping for good news soon.

Kiely Rodni who was last seen near the Prosser Family Campground, in Truckee. Kiely was at a party of more than 100 juveniles and young adults. She was last seen at the party on August 6th, 2022, at approximately 12:30 a.m. Kiely’s vehicle is also missing from the party

100 people, this could be anything from an abduction to her possibly drinking and took off. Praying for this young girl.

I wonder what this means. Like no service as in turned off? Probably. I’m sure they’ve pinged last location by now.
Her car missing too freaks me out more than if just she was missing for some reason.
Yes, people missing with their cars are often the victims of automobile accidents. Given the likelihood that she had been drinking at the party combined with the terrain in Truckee, accident is my top theory so far.

Kiely Rodni who was last seen near the Prosser Family Campground, in Truckee. Kiely was at a party of more than 100 juveniles and young adults. She was last seen at the party on August 6th, 2022, at approximately 12:30 a.m. Kiely’s vehicle is also missing from the party

100 people, this could be anything from an abduction to her possibly drinking and took off. Praying for this young girl.
This is a very large party, I wonder what was the theme? Missing for about 19 hours already, I hope that Kiely is safe.

Yes, people missing with their cars are often the victims of automobile accidents. Given the likelihood that she had been drinking at the party combined with the terrain in Truckee, accident is my top theory so far.
She could have gone over the embankment on one of those remote roads. It might take years to find something like that. People can drive by and never see the car.

This sounds like a rave. I would assume drugs (ectasy, mj, alcohol)

I wonder how LE handles 100 people partying and making noise till all hours at a "Family Campground"
I looked at this, and thought maybe that campground is for groups, but no, it is individual sites. At first, I thought it was a private campground, but no, it's Forest Service. I do notice, however, that this campground has vault toilets, which make it not so attractive for some folks (they prefer running water). Let me see if all the sites are reserved. It's possible the group reserved 15 sites or so. If they were at one site, LE would have been called by other campers. There's a curfew and standard camping protocols that pretty much everyone adheres to.

Oh, there's no water currently at this campground. That would definitely make it unattractive.

For photos and other info, see:

I've been to that area. Prosser Lake is a popular camping and fishing lake. The land around it and on the roads from the main highway ( I-80) are quite flat. The area is generally lightly forested with a sagebrush-scrub underbrush that is not dense. Unless you are going to drive off north or east, your vehicle should be fairly easy to spot.

I notice the Missing Person notice does not mention where she lives. At 16, I would assume she lives at home with relatives and is fairly local (car with California plates). Maybe from Truckee, Tahoe City, Nevada City areas.

If they were at one site, LE would have been called by other campers. There's a curfew and standard camping protocols that pretty much everyone adheres to.
This made me realize it’s definitely possible that LE was called by other campers. Especially given the last time she was seen was 12:30am, that makes me feel like theres a possibility the party was broken up early, either by LE arriving, or the threat of that happening soon. It seems like an early time for a party to end, at least to me. I’d say maybe not so early for a 16yo, but the news articles all say the party had over 100 teenagers and young adults.

This made me realize it’s definitely possible that LE was called by other campers. Especially given the last time she was seen was 12:30am, that makes me feel like theres a possibility the party was broken up early, either by LE arriving, or the threat of that happening soon. It seems like an early time for a party to end, at least to me. I’d say maybe not so early for a 16yo, but the news articles all say the party had over 100 teenagers and young adults.
That is a lot of people for a family campground. Are there not rangers?

She's 16 y/o, so she may not have that much experience driving in or around that area. As @azure said above in post #8, a car accident could be very likely.
Lots of little roads and the reservoir not far from some of those roads.
At night. 16 years old.
Yes, worrisome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members