Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The turnoff
This made me realize it’s definitely possible that LE was called by other campers. Especially given the last time she was seen was 12:30am, that makes me feel like theres a possibility the party was broken up early, either by LE arriving, or the threat of that happening soon. It seems like an early time for a party to end, at least to me. I’d say maybe not so early for a 16yo, but the news articles all say the party had over 100 teenagers and young adults.

I agree that it's likely the party was broken up about midnight and that's why her last sighting is at 12:30. Was it a friend that knows her or arrived with her that was the person reporting or the last one to see her?

It's likely that whatever she was with at that point broke up and moved on to some other location - either outdoors or to a residence. I think it's likely she went to a residence with a group.

By 12:30 everyone had a bit of a buzz, but were not done with the night, and continued on with the drinking & whatever else activities.

The temp there at about 1 am was 60 and dropped to 50 by 4 am, so it was chilly enough that people probably wanted to move indoors

The party was on Friday night Aug 5, so she hasn't yet been missing for 24 hours.

At 16, she would be a high school student. There are two high schools in the general area; Truckee High School, about 7 miles from the Prosser Lake Campground, and North Tahoe High School in Tahoe City, about 25 miles from the Prosser Lake Campground.

I think this campground is likely a local party place for the high school populations.

Prosser Lake Campground is in Nevada County, CA

The Missing Persons bulletin is issued from the Placer County, CA sheriff's office.

Interesting.

Probably just an administrative issue, as the NCSO is headquartered in Nevada City, CA, about 60 miles from Prosser Lake while the Placer County SO is in Truckee, just 9 miles away.

Curious, though.

Looks like Kiely doesn't have FB, which is a bit odd.
Not odd, at all, for a 16 year old. I have a 16 year old. They say FB is for old folks. He is more interested in Instagram, Snap Chat, Reddit, and TikTok. JMO (no, I don’t let him have free access to all of that. I’ve read too much here.)

Not odd, at all, for a 16 year old. I have a 16 year old. They say FB is for old folks. He is more interested in Instagram, Snap Chat, Reddit, and TikTok. JMO (no, I don’t let him have free access to all of that. I’ve read too much here.)
I'll second that. My 18 year old has never had a facebook. He thinks it's for the older generation, like the 45+. FWIW, he uses instagram as the main source of communication and very rarely snapchat.

Also note that neither of these two high schools have started back to school. That doesn't happen until Aug. 30

Assuming she is local. The high school in Nevada City starts back Aug 15.

It would help to know where she lived. 0dd omission by LE

I know this area. Pup and I traveled in a pull behind camper and suv all over the west and after car accident stayed in Truckee in rental car for a time. Prosser is north of the town of truckee, forest, rural, no one around. There are a lot of folks who 'live' in the forest in their cars / vehicles etc around there. Young and old. There are also creepers who notice a female by herself; just like anywhere. We had this happen three times there, and once had to call the police. One young guy was very cunning.
Obvious concerns are auto accident, acquaintance or someone from party taking her / advantage of her being inebriated, or someone else doing so. <modsnip - sleuthing family>
She could be sleeping off a bender or a runaway. Who knows. I just posted because I know the area somewhat. It's dark dark at night, beautiful, can be dangerous like anywhere, can be a safe haven as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this area. Pup and I traveled in a pull behind camper and suv all over the west and after car accident stayed in Truckee in rental car for a time. Prosser is north of the town of truckee, forest, rural, no one around. There are a lot of folks who 'live' in the forest in their cars / vehicles etc around there. Young and old. There are also creepers who notice a female by herself; just like anywhere. We had this happen three times there, and once had to call the police. One young guy was very cunning.
Obvious concerns are auto accident, acquaintance or someone from party taking her / advantage of her being inebriated, or someone else doing so. <modsnip>
She could be sleeping off a bender or a runaway. Who knows. I just posted because I know the area somewhat. It's dark dark at night, beautiful, can be dangerous like anywhere, can be a safe haven as well.

Welcome to Websleuths @nousername12345! Thanks for your insight into the area. So many possibilities. Here’s hoping Kiely is safe.

The Missing Persons bulletin is issued from the Placer County, CA sheriff's office.

Interesting.

Probably just an administrative issue, as the NCSO is headquartered in Nevada City, CA, about 60 miles from Prosser Lake while the Placer County SO is in Truckee, just 9 miles away.

Curious, though.
The borders are right there and part of forest is in Placer part in Nevada

Parts of Truckee are in Placer county and parts are in Nevada county. <modsnip> Prosser campground is in Nevada

I would assume her mother reported her missing to LE local to her in Placer county <modsnip>, which would explain why the MIssing Persons bulletin was issued by Placer county, rather than Nevada county where the campground is.

Interesting.

Curious, though.

Didn't either...
Nope, not fact at all. Upthread we were discussing possible reasons for the last seen time being relatively early in terms of times parties usually end. I gave the possibility of the party being broken up as a potential reason, based on others’ posts that it would be difficult to host a 100+ person party at a campground with other lots occupied, without one of the other camp groups calling rangers or LE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member