Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarification, Kiely's text to mom was @ 11:30pm...saying she would be leaving the party @ 12:15am. This text would have been just after KR / SS charged their phones and discussed SS getting a ride home.

My take is that KR may have not been exhibiting strong intoxication signs at this point. Either something "kicked-in" shortly thereafter around 12am or maybe she intentionally or unintentionally took something or reacted to something.

I am also wondering if she wasn't "inebriated" but was counting the minutes/hour from last drink to metabolize to safely drive. Like I had 2 beers over 2 hours, so I must wait X amount of time to safely drive. That could also explain why friends were ok with leaving without her?

I live locally, though on the El Dorado side of the county line. I live in the El Dorado County national forest and know my way around and even I avoid driving in the dark. It is very dense forest with a ton of steep drop offs. Get alcohol involved and it’s game over. I hope she’s hanging on somewhere but it doesn’t look good.

This is an updated article and has some more facts:

“Anna Larson is the mother of one of Kiely's best friends, and is also Lindsey's best friend. She told DailyMail.com that Kiely was too drunk to be able to drive herself home. She wasn't in a state where she could have driven very far. She was inebriated.”

“She and others involved in the search do not believe that she could have had an accident because they still haven't found her vehicle - a 2014 Honda CRV.

“'We did a thorough search of the woods where the party was and now we're going to smaller towns. We believe she was taken. Nobody we know left with her, nobody else is missing from the party.”

'Because of fire restrictions, it was also very dark.”

'I've heard through the rumour mill that some boys saw an older man there in his forties”

'”There were kids that stayed the night there but nobody saw her or her car there in the morning.”

“She said they don't believe that she crashed her car because they've searched the area with drones and found nothing.”

Missing Kiely Rodni was 'too drunk to drive when she vanished'

(moo) I doubt she left alone, if she was that intoxicated getting the keys into the ignition would be a feat. Driving a straight path in the woods in the dark almost impossible under that kind of influence.

I live locally, though on the El Dorado side of the county line. I live in the El Dorado County national forest and know my way around and even I avoid driving in the dark. It is very dense forest with a ton of steep drop offs. Get alcohol involved and it’s game over. I hope she’s hanging on somewhere but it doesn’t look good.
I have lived over in that area in the past as well. Alcohol and technical driving/deer/darkness, it can be a huge challenge.

FWIW, this timeline seems to confirm that she did leave the party at about 12:15am which is what she told her mom according to the interview with me mom at the link below.

From the link. Brief interview with mum.

"It was at 11.30 she told that she was leaving in 45 minutes and going to be on her way home. I'm a terrible mother, I slept. I said you know, 'wake me up when you come home'. And then I woke up at 8.00 am. and realised she hadn't woken me up. She's so, so responsible, she always checks in, she always texts me when she's out and let's me know, even checking in multiple times a night, you know, when she's out with friends."

This is an updated article and has some more facts:

“Anna Larson is the mother of one of Kiely's best friends, and is also Lindsey's best friend. She told DailyMail.com that Kiely was too drunk to be able to drive herself home. She wasn't in a state where she could have driven very far. She was inebriated.”

“She and others involved in the search do not believe that she could have had an accident because they still haven't found her vehicle - a 2014 Honda CRV.

“'We did a thorough search of the woods where the party was and now we're going to smaller towns. We believe she was taken. Nobody we know left with her, nobody else is missing from the party.”

'Because of fire restrictions, it was also very dark.”

'I've heard through the rumour mill that some boys saw an older man there in his forties”

'”There were kids that stayed the night there but nobody saw her or her car there in the morning.”

“She said they don't believe that she crashed her car because they've searched the area with drones and found nothing.”

Missing Kiely Rodni was 'too drunk to drive when she vanished'
BBM. Is Anna a spokesperson for the family or is she also part of the rumor mill she is quoting? Daily Mail pays decent money for news stories and is a sensationalistic "news" source. It really just seems odd that she was that drunk and none of the friends she knew had her back.

That off limits area on the map….

From where she was last seen and to get to that area… there are 2 access points, both of which she would have to be on pavement and major roads to get there. In other words, there are no dirt roads that would directly get there. We are talking 4-5 miles of pavement via Prosser Dam Rd to get to that area.

With a dirt moto, thats another story….

BBM. Is Anna a spokesperson for the family or is she also part of the rumor mill she is quoting? Daily Mail pays decent money for news stories and is a sensationalistic "news" source. It really just seems odd that she was that drunk and none of the friends she knew had her back.
Her quotes are all over the place, I agree. It does say she is “Lindsey’s best friend” (Kiely’s mother)… so she likely has access to insider information, but hard to say how much she should be sharing.

Finally, the timeline of when the phone was turned off. BBM

"A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office told The Independent on Monday that the department could not confirm whether Samantha was the last person to speak Kiely, but said that shortly after midnight her phone was turned off."

Her quotes are all over the place, I agree. It does say she is “Lindsey’s best friend” (Kiely’s mother)… so she likely has access to insider information, but hard to say how much she should be sharing.
Her interview seems disjointed and not very fact based. I am not sure how I would feel if my best friend was giving interviews to the Daily Mail about my daughter and my family. Especially if she was being paid. Perhaps she plans on donating the money from the interview to the reward fund.

"Anna Larson – whose daughter, Megs, is Kiely's best friend and accompanied her to the party"

I doubt she's doing anything nefarious.

Quote from this source:

If this girl lives through this she needs to get new friends. Everyone talking about her condition, but nobody caring enough to stop and help or get help. Im beyond disgusted. This is not how friends act.

Witnesses and law enforcement say there were anywhere from 200 to 250 teenagers and young adults in attendance.

Placer Co Sheriff's Office said that because so many people at this party were minors, and were underage drinking and doing drugs, that a lot of people haven't come forward...

The Placer County Sheriff's Office told KCRA 3 that the only reason this has been upgraded to a possible abduction is that investigators have not found her car, which is a silver 2013 Honda CRV.

The department said it is still considering all leads and possibilities.

This could include an accident, or if the teen just ran away.

"Anna Larson – whose daughter, Megs, is Kiely's best friend and accompanied her to the party"

I doubt she's doing anything nefarious.

Quote from this source:

So what happened to Megs? If she accompanied Kiely to the party did Kiely just desert Megs there? How did Megs get home and how did she get separated from Kiely? Did Megs (like Sami) catch a ride with someone else because Kiely was intoxicated? If so, why would these supposed "friends" not take the intoxicated Kiely with them when they left? Why would they leave her there in that state?

This is not adding up (to me) and I think some of these kids are not telling the whole story. IMO

ETA: And why did Kiely turn off her phone immediately after her phone conversation with Sami? I suspect that call was not as breezy as Sami makes it out to be. IMO

So what happened to Megs? If she accompanied Kiely to the party did Kiely just desert Megs there? How did Megs get home and how did she get separated from Kiely? Did Megs (like Sami) catch a ride with someone else because Kiely was intoxicated? If so, why would these supposed "friends" not take the intoxicated Kiely with them when they left? Why would they leave her there in that state?

This is not adding up (to me) and I think some of these kids are not telling the whole story. IMO
Thanks. Me either.

Oh-oh, an update on findkielyrodni IG account

PLEASE STAY OUT OF THE BLUE MARKED AREA UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!

View attachment 358527

Login • Instagram
I wonder if this originated from LE or the community organizing the volunteer searches. I didn't see anything posted from the Truckee Police Department and/or Placer County Sheriff's Office. I would think LE has searched this area to some extent and they would make this information made public to all individuals, just not something circulated amongst the findkielyrodni IG

I'm having a really hard time with Kiely being left alone to drive home by herself. Maybe I'm not understanding the dynamics here.
But when friends say...oh she wouldn't have gotten far in her state, so she didn't have an accident since she hasn't been found....well, I don't get it.
Enough said before I lose it.

I'm having a really hard time with Kiely being left alone to drive home by herself. Maybe I'm not understanding the dynamics here.
But when friends say...oh she wouldn't have gotten far in her state, so she didn't have an accident since she hasn't been found....well, I don't get it.
Enough said before I lose it.
I get it, but isn't it possible she told everyone, bar mum, that she was staying at the campground for the night? Then snuck off before her friends noticed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks