NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 Jun 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quickest route would be to walk down 48th st then turn onto Bedford, which he could have taken all the way down right to the parking lot of the school. Kelly had mentioned that his route had him pass Lake James Park (she mentioned their was a SO living somewhere off that park) and if he had walks far enough down Bedford, he would pass the middle school which she also mentioned. No matter which route he could have taken, it's still odd that nobody remembers seeing him past his house. This still leads me to think there was a car waiting for him on his block.

Well... this happened right in front of my brother's house yesterday. Probably not a 21 year old corpse, and maybe just someone who passed out from our heat wave. More will be revealed?

This body had been by the road long enough (and a road that leads to a public lake) that an autopsy will be needed just to identify the gender. Things can go unnoticed around here. ;-(

How sad. If the identification is known, maybe it's someone recently reported missing? I.D.d by clothing/ wallet contents? Condolences to their family.

Well... this happened right in front of my brother's house yesterday. Probably not a 21 year old corpse, and maybe just someone who passed out from our heat wave. More will be revealed?

This body had been by the road long enough (and a road that leads to a public lake) that an autopsy will be needed just to identify the gender. Things can go unnoticed around here. ;-(

Sad news. This is almost definitely not JJ, however.

Re: this body, it sounds like they identified who it was. I agree that a victim of a heat wave is very possible.

Do we know if the early call in to work was legitimate? What role did he have at the restaurant? Waiting tables? Busing tables? Did an co-worker or patron's insanely jealous significant other "call him in early to work" based on perceived threat and jump him? was he covering a shift for a sick call out? Did someone know he would be going to work early?

Do we know if the early call in to work was legitimate? What role did he have at the restaurant? Waiting tables? Busing tables? Did an co-worker or patron's insanely jealous significant other "call him in early to work" based on perceived threat and jump him? was he covering a shift for a sick call out? Did someone know he would be going to work early?
From what I recall, he was called into work early because it was busy. Based on what his mother said, the employees were interviewed several times, and it would have included inquiries about the calls made to the house. I believe it was the boss who called him in initially, and then it was the coworker who called back to arrange the ride. So I'm fairly certain all the calls made to the house that morning from Fazoli's were legitimate, based on what we know. However, any police department worth their salt would have pulled the local call usage detail for both phones, possibly including any payphones at the restaurant, to verify and corroborate their stories. We can only hope the OPD did that.

Fazoli's is a fast food style restaurant. You order at a counter and seat yourself, no waiters or bus staff.

I found an interesting comment on a tiktok about Jason's disappearance. A woman claims to have seen an interaction between 'J' and another man. Not sure I believe it myself, but this a middle-aged woman and they usually aren't the trolling type. She may legitimately believe she saw him. I created an account just to comment on her post and offer to get her in touch with the detective who I was speaking to about the case, but I actually lost his contact info. Plus I believe he's no longer one of the detectives anyway.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 3.12.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 3.12.46 PM.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 55
I found an interesting comment on a tiktok about Jason's disappearance. A woman claims to have seen an interaction between 'J' and another man. Not sure I believe it myself, but this a middle-aged woman and they usually aren't the trolling type. She may legitimately believe she saw him. I created an account just to comment on her post and offer to get her in touch with the detective who I was speaking to about the case, but I actually lost his contact info. Plus I believe he's no longer one of the detectives anyway.
Interesting!Can you still get in touch with her again anyways, just to get a few more details, like when and where exactly she thought she saw him? Like on the day of? And how long the interaction lasted, etc. and why she hasn't come forward before?

Interesting!Can you still get in touch with her again anyways, just to get a few more details, like when and where exactly she thought she saw him? Like on the day of? And how long the interaction lasted, etc. and why she hasn't come forward before?
She said she'd be happy to talk to a detective if I got her in touch, but didn't seem like she wanted to talk to some internet random. Didn't wanna keep pushing her on it either. Any contact info I looked up leads back to the Omaha PD tipline which is what she might have tried originally.

She said she'd be happy to talk to a detective if I got her in touch, but didn't seem like she wanted to talk to some internet random. Didn't wanna keep pushing her on it either. Any contact info I looked up leads back to the Omaha PD tipline which is what she might have tried originally.
That's interesting but how does someone remember something so vividly 20 plus years ago without ever thinking of reporting it earlier on?

That's interesting but how does someone remember something so vividly 20 plus years ago without ever thinking of reporting it earlier on?
She never really said when she reported it, so maybe it was closer to the actual disappearance. Based on how the initial investigation went, it's not too shocking that they didn't get back to her.

This thread is now closed. Click below to continue in Thread #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave