Found Safe UK - Owami Davies, 24, from Chafford Hundred, Essex, last seen in Croydon, Surrey, 6 Jul 2022

Aug 8 2022
1659961587844.png
''Detectives have arrested a fifth man in the case of a missing student nurse.
Owami Davies, 24, who was studying at King's College London, was recorded on CCTV in the company of a man on 7 July - the day she was last seen.
Four men previously arrested in connection with the disappearance have been bailed until September.
The fifth suspect is aged 27 and being held on suspicion of kidnap. Two of the earlier four were arrested on suspicion of murder.
The CCTV footage showed Ms Davies on Derby Road, west Croydon, in the early hours of 7 July.''

''Officers are keen to speak to the driver of a white van that was parked on Derby Road.
Police said Ms Davies, and the man she was with, crossed the street "just as the van pulled out".

Larger picture released , certainly same clothes as the CCTV in the shop

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-08-19-08-52-14_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-08-19-08-52-14_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 62
Met detectives looking for missing student Owami Davies said they have searched extensively and viewed hundreds of hours of CCTV to no avail.

Five people arrested - two on suspicion of murder and three on suspicion of kidnap - have been released on bail, pending further investigation.

Ms Davies, who is studying nursing at King's College London, left her home in Greys, Essex, on 4 July.
She was last seen on CCTV in west Croydon three days later.

Owami Davies on CCTV footage

Det Ch Insp Nigel Penney, who is leading the investigation, said: "The sheer scale of this inquiry shows how concerned we are for the safety of Owami. With every day that passes that concern only grows and our fear increases that she has come to harm.

"Although this is a missing person enquiry, this is one of the biggest investigations I have ever experienced and that reflects our determination to find Owami for her family."

Just came across these photos on the find owami Twitter page and I’m sadly leaning towards drugs playing a part in those final few days before she went missing. It may be a bit “out there” but I’ve heard many story’s of people lacing weed with heroin to get someone hooked.. That final photo of her looking into the car is haunting.. was she trying to get drugs or something from the person taking the photo? Had she originally gone to Croydon to meet up with someone who she trusted and who has done this to her? We all know the dangerous path drugs can lead to.
IMO of course, the local community must know more. I know Croydon fairly well and people tend to know what’s what and who’s who and which houses are affiliated with drug users. The fact all 5 have been bailed.. I fear the police haven’t put together as much as we thought they may have

Attachments

• 1787B006-C999-4364-BA4C-788D1751B703.jpeg
    1787B006-C999-4364-BA4C-788D1751B703.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 78
  • D4D5D38E-9DD0-4542-AF72-47996F4D97C2.jpeg
    D4D5D38E-9DD0-4542-AF72-47996F4D97C2.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 76
Just came across these photos on the find owami Twitter page and I’m sadly leaning towards drugs playing a part in those final few days before she went missing. It may be a bit “out there” but I’ve heard many story’s of people lacing weed with heroin to get someone hooked.. That final photo of her looking into the car is haunting.. was she trying to get drugs or something from the person taking the photo? Had she originally gone to Croydon to meet up with someone who she trusted and who has done this to her? We all know the dangerous path drugs can lead to.
IMO of course, the local community must know more. I know Croydon fairly well and people tend to know what’s what and who’s who and which houses are affiliated with drug users. The fact all 5 have been bailed.. I fear the police haven’t put together as much as we thought they may have

I am inclined to agee. That so many had been arrested suggests maybe a party or some event where she was with a number of others. That she was described as 'vulnerable' suggests she may have taken something. I doubt we will know until much later, but probably when all is revealed thw picture will be much clearer.

I'm not disagreeing that drugs may have played some role in Owami's disappearance, but I'm curious to know what evidence for it you feel you've seen? The Find Owami twitter page is just a series of appeals for info, in hopes of keeping her in the headlines, as far as I can see, featuring a lot of pictures of her looking attractive.

Considering this seems to have been her usual well groomed look...

Owami Davies.jpg
Owami Davies 2.jpg
Owami 4.jpg
(Picture source: https://twitter.com/helpusfindowami)

... this really doesn't scream 'party' to me:

Owami Davies shop 2.jpg
(Picture source: OwamiDaviesnew)

But I agree it's very hard to get a handle on why she was in Croydon, apparently voluntarily, without accepting the idea that she at least had secrets of some sort.

Do we know that in the picture she looks distressed in she was looking into a car? I was one of the people who suggested that but I've seen nothing that confirms or refutes it so I'd be interested if something definitive has now been said. Personally, I'm starting to think that that picture may not be genuine, as the light on the houses seems to come from a different angle and source compared with the light on her face. If its authenticity can't be confirmed, that might account for why the police have hesitated to announce it as a last sighting.

Just my opinion, as ever.

I wasn’t suggesting it in the sense of “partying” but more as if she was maybe dating/speaking to someone who lived in Croydon and where more serious drugs had secretly been given to her, many people smoke weed but not many people know whether it’s been mixed with something which was my point with how easy and quick it can be to get hooked onto something. It was just a thought/suggestion..

<modsnip - no link from approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks very tired and sore. Her left arm seems to be crossed over her abdomen in a protective way in order to contain pain.

So this is the 7th. She left home on the 4th. She’s changed clothes and she looks unwell to me.

Where has she been from the 4th to this point? Where is she going? She didn’t go to work. Hmmm???

I’m wondering if she’s ever gone “missing” before?

I have a terrible feeling that some form of addiction/substance abuse may be involved.

MOO

She looks very tired and sore. Her left arm seems to be crossed over her abdomen in a protective way in order to contain pain.

So this is the 7th. She left home on the 4th. She’s changed clothes and she looks unwell to me.

Where has she been from the 4th to this point? Where is she going? She didn’t go to work. Hmmm???

I’m wondering if she’s ever gone “missing” before?

I have a terrible feeling that some form of addiction/substance abuse may be involved.

MOO
I thought the same, she looks in discomfort at the least. Also, compared to other photos we’ve seen she looks quite unkempt. It seems to me something was badly wrong for her at this point.

JMO

I have a feeling she has been staying away from home willingly (initially anyway) and she has got herself in some sort of trouble/ mess.
I'm torn between whether she has gone somewhere and is still hiding? Come to harm at the hands of someone or has chose to take her own life?
Purely just my gut feeling..hoping for a good outcome

I have a feeling she has been staying away from home willingly (initially anyway) and she has got herself in some sort of trouble/ mess.
I'm torn between whether she has gone somewhere and is still hiding? Come to harm at the hands of someone or has chose to take her own life?

I agree. The new footage seems to put the lie to the idea that the CCTV from midnight 6th/7th shows her walking into mortal danger, if she was walking around alone and apparently unmolested the following lunchtime, albeit that she looks in bad shape. For myself, I feel now that she must have have left home voluntarily as an act of despair or self-neglect, as part of a mental ill-health episode. Having done so, she will have put herself at risk of harm from others too, of course.

I do feel a chink of hope now, though, that she may still be alive, though I appreciate it's a slim one. She's been gone an awfully long time. I hope the info that she was dressed differently the next day may prompt more sightings now that her story is finally attracting the media attention it merits.

JMO

Unfortunately I don’t think that Owami is with us any longer.

LE must have evidence of some sort that she was murdered to have pulled 5 men in on suspicion of murder and kidnapping.

On the 7th, Owami, IMHO, was voluntarily missing. No one was preventing her from walking freely or going home. She chose NOT TO GO HOME for whatever reason, or reasons.

So the question is…why didn’t she go home?

What was she doing from the 4th to the 7th?A picture on the 6th shows Owami dishevelled and distressed. Next day, she’s changed but clearly she is not in good shape.

Something bad happened before the 7th. Something really bad happened sometime after the 7th.

I can only think of 1 reason for not going home in that state and that would be I’d have to explain my condition, tell where I’d been and my friends and family would know what I’ve been doing because she was doing something.

It’s so sad. She could have gone home and been safe if she had so chosen. I think her friends are correct, and they know her best. Owami somehow got herself into some kind of trouble.

MOO

Unfortunately I don’t think that Owami is with us any longer.

LE must have evidence of some sort that she was murdered to have pulled 5 men in on suspicion of murder and kidnapping.

On the 7th, Owami, IMHO, was voluntarily missing. No one was preventing her from walking freely or going home. She chose NOT TO GO HOME for whatever reason, or reasons.

So the question is…why didn’t she go home?

What was she doing from the 4th to the 7th?A picture on the 6th shows Owami dishevelled and distressed. Next day, she’s changed but clearly she is not in good shape.

Something bad happened before the 7th. Something really bad happened sometime after the 7th.

I can only think of 1 reason for not going home in that state and that would be I’d have to explain my condition, tell where I’d been and my friends and family would know what I’ve been doing because she was doing something.

It’s so sad. She could have gone home and been safe if she had so chosen. I think her friends are correct, and they know her best. Owami somehow got herself into some kind of trouble.

MOO
She could have had a mental health episode as an alternative possibility, and then became vulnerable as a result.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back