CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

"No evidence of being under the influence of alcohol" says DA Gascone

Charged with 6 counts of murder. Charges include two unidentified women who died in the accident.

Potential 90 years in prison

Imo, DA Gascon will downplay any alcohol involvement until
Why would he downplay alcohol involvement?
It is his habit to downplay mitigating factors. Gascon is facing recall.

It is scary that she was allowed to hold a nursing license.

'Mentally ill' ICU nurse who killed 6 in LA crash history of accidents 'Mentally ill' ICU nurse who killed 6 in LA crash history of accidents via https://dailym.ai/android
Like many other professional licenses ( MD, DDS, RT, MT), state licensing agencies rely on self-reporting of mental health, drug or alcohol dependency, major arrests or professional reprimands.

If she has been under the radar and avoided felonies, profesional reprimands, and mandated drug or alcohol dependency programs, then she can likely get established licenses renewed without fuss as long as she makes the payment.

it's really only after an event such as this one occurs that her renewal applications will be reviewed and scrutinized

One of the pictures in this article show the drive sitting on the curb after the crash.

I think she was on the phone with her boyfriend and just blew through the intersection, perhaps impaired and distracted.

JMO
I definitely think her cell phone has something to do with this. IMO

When I first saw the video a few days ago, it seemed apparent the driver of the Mercedes didn't even attempt to brake, so I assumed it was a medical emergency type of accident (similar to the one in June 2021 that killed San Diego police officers). BUT, now... knowing her history... it seems she was on track to destroy lives (not save them with her nursing education/background). One would think her insurance premiums would be through the roof. Since she "traveled" for her job, did her employers cover car insurance??

I am so very sad for the grieving family and friends who lost loved ones :(

Last edited:
Why is there one less charge of gross vehicular manslaughter than murder (5 vs. 6)?

Fyi, I am not counting the unborn baby in either count.
1. Asherey Ryan
2. Alonzo Quintero
3. Reynold Lester
4. Craig Pitchford
5. Unidentified woman #1 (Pedestrian or in a vehicle?)
6. Unidentified woman #2 (Pedestrian or in a vehicle?)

4. Craig Pitchford - was the pedestrian killed - maybe he doesn't count as part of the murder.

The 2 unidentified women were in the same vehicle.

Like many other professional licenses ( MD, DDS, RT, MT), state licensing agencies rely on self-reporting of mental health, drug or alcohol dependency, major arrests or professional reprimands.

If she has been under the radar and avoided felonies, profesional reprimands, and mandated drug or alcohol dependency programs, then she can likely get established licenses renewed without fuss as long as she makes the payment.

it's really only after an event such as this one occurs that her renewal applications will be reviewed and scrutinized

And, I have to believe that after multiple years of a worldwide pandemic, hospitals are so short-staffed that they are hiring anyone who is even remotely qualified to fill spots.

MOO.

This is just a horribly and perplexing story, interested to see how it unfolds. I hate jumping to conclusions on any cases as the media always misrepresents information. The video was absolutely shocking. As far as her other multiple accidents it could be minor incidents, but 13 is still a lot of incidents if that is the actual number, especially for someone who does not drive a a vehicle as part their profession. The significant mental illness concerns me more though. Was she undergoing regular treatment for this, or was this a person who slipped through the cracks of inadequate mental health treatment? Not an excuse just curious to know the background of this woman and how things went so horribly wrong. Then again who is putting out this mental health narrative and is it indicative of a defense being built on her behalf. Definitely one to keep and eye on.

from the jail site. Bail has been changed again.

BAIL
Total Bail Amount: NO BAIL Total Hold Bail Amount: 0.00 Grand Total: NO BAIL

COURT
Next Court Code: M30 Next Court Date: 08/15/2022 Next Court Time: 0830 Next Court Case: BA50793601

Court Name: LOS ANGELES MUNI CT DIV 30
Court Address: 210 W. TEMPLE STREET Court City: LOS ANGELESUPT

link: LASD Inmate Information Center - Booking Details

Nothing on the court site yet - now that I have her case #.

They will pull out all the stops to get her off on insanity. The problem is, that defense is rarely successful. Her attorneys would have to prove she did not even know the difference between right and wrong. It's a very high bar to climb. She is going to serve extended prison time no matter what the eventual outcome is here. But be ready to wait a long, long time. Five-to-seven years before an actual trial is not uncommon here in California.

This crime is just incomprehensible. Above all, I want to know the entire story. Did she do this on purpose, to kill herself and a lot of other people??

4. Craig Pitchford - was the pedestrian killed - maybe he doesn't count as part of the murder.

The 2 unidentified women were in the same vehicle.
They counted Ashreye's unborn child as a causality from what I have remembered reading. I am guessing since she was 8.5 months.

Trigger warning on some of the photos (one deceased pictured and an empty car seat are pictured)
"Linton is likely to be charged with killing the unborn child as well as the five others."

"Officer Franco Pepi, a California Highway Patrol spokesperson, said Thursday afternoon that three adults, including a pregnant woman, and an infant were killed in the crash.

Authorities later found another person’s remains inside one of the burned vehicles, he said. That person’s gender or age weren’t known Thursday night."

Last edited:
It is scary that she was allowed to hold a nursing license.

'Mentally ill' ICU nurse who killed 6 in LA crash history of accidents 'Mentally ill' ICU nurse who killed 6 in LA crash history of accidents via https://dailym.ai/android
I applied for nursing school many moons ago and was denied entry because I had a single misdemeanor that happened when I was a teen - I had to wait 7 years to be eligible to reapply! (I didn’t - I chose another career lol). It boggles me that she had 13 crashes and “profound” mental health issues and was able to stay licensed, but perhaps the crashes weren’t criminally charged and perhaps she didn’t report the mental health issues…

The article is looking for input from people who have worked with or been treated by Nicole. It will be interesting to hear what people have to say about their experiences with her.

I wonder how she is feeling. Remorseful that she killed others? Shocked at her behavior? Angry that she didn’t die (if that was the plan)?

What a mess. :(

All JMO

And, I have to believe that after multiple years of a worldwide pandemic, hospitals are so short-staffed that they are hiring anyone who is even remotely qualified to fill spots.

MOO.

Like in many other scenarios, it is often quicker and less messy to discharge an employee with a real big problem than to prosecute them or in some other way attempt to correct the behaviours, especially if it will open the employer to liability for faults in the employees performance.

So she has a very much in-demand skill, she can work for an agency and if there are problems, they are left behind after her 6-week or 6 month stint is over. She's chosen to work in places that are nice to live in for a while ( California, Hawaii) and isn't having to accept jobs in less attractive places, so her skill set-at least on paper- shows there are no obvious red flags and she gets a good living, leaving problems behind.

''Nicole Linton, 37, has been charged with six counts of murder and five counts of gross vehicular manslaughter, Gascón said.

If convicted of all charges, she faces a potential sentence of 90 years to life in prison.''
She looks totally out of it in this video.

She looks totally out of it in this video.

I would imagine she's in shock at the turn her life has now taken. Plus, she broke her arm (& something else?) in the wreck, probably still hurting from that. Wouldn't think she'd be on painkillers that are very strong or her court date would have been moved. (I think?) Jail likely isn't a very conducive place to heal from breaks, imo.

Not saying her injuries are comparable to the heartbreak, havoc & injuries she caused, but, realistically, she's probably physically hurting from the impact (residual back/neck pain/stiffness), broken bones, etc. Not to mention the emotional/mental pain she may now be feeling as she's facing the consequences of her actions.

MOO.

I would imagine she's in shock at the turn her life has now taken. Plus, she broke her arm (& something else?) in the wreck, probably still hurting from that. Wouldn't think she'd be on painkillers that are very strong or her court date would have been moved. (I think?) Jail likely isn't a very conducive place to heal from breaks, imo.

Not saying her injuries are comparable to the heartbreak, havoc & injuries she caused, but, realistically, she's probably physically hurting from the impact (residual back/neck pain/stiffness), broken bones, etc. Not to mention the emotional/mental pain she may now be feeling as she's facing the consequences of her actions.

MOO.

I think her left arm was burned, if you look at the photos of her sitting on the curb. I don't think it was broken. The wrappings for a burn would be better handled with her arm in a sling as it is in the court photo.

Yep, from article above her attorney is claiming mental health as a reason for killing and maiming a bunch of people. Very, very tired of the mental health canard.

Here comes the ugly part: her defense attorneys-- all those crappy excuses--- and especially tired of the mental health canard---they may also go for vehicle malfunction

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back