Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
A different day a different story. Not liking this.
On any day, I have trouble believing her story. She has asserted herself as the leader. She even gave out her phone number for people to text her if any evidence is found during searches. She is definitely leading the charge, keeping herself in the know with a changing narrative now arising.

Lol very different. Those initial statements made her look bad, as she admitted to leaving her drunk friend behind in a dangerous situation.

I'm sure this is damage control.
I wonder if they have considered the possibility of there being an argument between the two girls. I could see it being very hard to admit that you had a fight with your friend and now they are missing. Even if they had absolutely nothing to do with it other than a squabble. SS story has changed and evolved as stories do over time. I would imagine LE is observing these changes like we are.

Last edited:
My own speculation: Kiely was planning to leave soon and someone (most likely that she knows/an acquaintance) offered to give her a lift back and maybe took her into the woods. Could have done something unspeakable to her and taken her car later once the party has fizzled out, after turning off or destroying her phone. Hence no one seeing her car leaving. Seems like her closer friends had already left the party by this point so no one would register 'Hang on a sec, where's Kiely?'. It could be a case of a male at the party trying to come on to her and then getting aggressive once rejected. MOO

I wonder if the have considered the possibility of there being an argument between the two girls. I could see it being very hard to admit that you had a fight with your friend and now they are missing. Even if they had absolutely nothing to do with it other than a squabble. SS story has changed and evolved as stories do over time. I would imagine LE is observing these changes like we are.
Yes, perhaps S was upset/annoyed that K got too drunk when K was supposed to give S a ride home.

Or perhaps S wanted to leave with someone else instead…other friends? A boy? And that hurt K’s feelings?

Many possible scenarios why K could’ve called S to see if S needed a ride just minutes after S had already said she didn’t. Maybe S’s back-up ride wasn’t confirmed, and K wanted to make sure? Maybe K didn’t want to be left but didn’t want to admit it? Maybe K was just drunk and forgot they already talked about it? Maybe they were bickering and K wanted to make sure things were OK between them? Who knows.

None of this makes me think S was involved in anything, just maybe that she might be feeling extra guilty about her missing friend.

Video at link.

Mom, friend of missing teen Kiely Rodni recall last conversations before she vanished.​

Last friend to speak with Kiely Rodni speaks on TV... Mom speaks on Video

Rodni's friend, Sami Smith, says she was with her most of the night and Rodni was planning to spend the night at the campground.

"I know that she wasn't in the right mindset or state to drive. And if she were to have driven, she wouldn't have made it far," Smith said. "So my concern is that somebody might have offered to drive her home and then didn't take her home."

Authorities say they consider her disappearance suspicious. Search and rescue crews spent part of Sunday looking for her.

Come on now - any dummy knows EVIDENCE goes to LE...clearly this is a RED FLAG!!!

What in the actual...???

Disliking more & more!!!
Is the website Sami set up an approved source for here? It doesn't look like the family is involved with the site and there are a couple of alarming things about the way it is set up. IMO, people should communicate their tips and information to LE, not Sami's phone or email. jmo

The Placer County Sheriff's Office is treating this as an abduction for investigative purposes.

According to CHP Truckee, there are four criteria that all need to be met for an Amber alert to be issued:
  • Confirmation that an abduction had occurred
  • The victim is 17 or younger OR has a proven mental or physical disability
  • The victim is in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury
  • Information is available that, if given to the public, could help the recovery
At this point, CHP Truckee told KCRA 3 that three of the four criteria are currently met in this case.

The only criteria they need to be fulfilled is confirmation that an abduction has occurred.

Although the Placer County Sheriff's Office is investigating this as an abduction, CHP does not consider that proof that an abduction did indeed happen.

I wonder why it is assumed that she is with or in her car. The car could have been stolen because someone wanted a riide back to the Bay Area and she was impaired and wandered off into the surrounding land or lake. Two separate events. If someone did take her car, they certainly won't come forward and say so.

I do hope this is not one of those cases of an accidental OD/cover up for said OD. There was some of those last year.

She may have wanted to drive home but someone possible said she was too impaired and drove for her and things went wrong...

She could have drove intoxicated and crashed...

She could have walked or stumbled after not finding her car, hurt herself accidentally somewhere after dark and hasn't been found yet..

Kidnapping? I really hope and pray that isn't so.

Lots of possibilities but I do pray she is found safe and found soon, my heart goes out to her loved ones and all involved.

My own opinion.

I feel most WS posters think Kiely is in the water, or off the side of the road somewhere. Yet LE is indicating possible abduction. It seems LE MUST have something to indicate abduction, but they aren't sharing whatever that is? Does that seem plausible? Goodness, it seems unlikely to have a positive outcome, regardless of the manner she went missing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288