Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree fully that this type of scenario is a real possibility. I’m sorry it happened to your sister.

The only question I have: Where is the vehicle? If a guy offered to drive her in her own vehicle with nefarious intentions, what became of her vehicle afterwards?
Could be ditched somewhere for all we know. I read that a lot of people from another area showed up because they heard about the party on SM. No telling on where they came from. And for all we know more than once person could have wanted to take advantage of her.

I tend to agree. I do think the phone is in the water though as it can not be tracked (she has an iPhone which can be tracked even when turned off). The only way it would not be trackable is if it's submerged. I'm leaning towards abduction with the phone tossed into the water and the abductor driving her car.

that's been my thought too since it's been said they can't track it.

With how dry the area is, it is really hard to believe that the car is off the road somewhere near by with all the searching that has been going on. The brush is not dense due to the dryness.
Welcome to WS @lolo90.

A silver, light-colored vehicle crashed offroad or in a ravine is exactly what easily blends into the earth -- dry terrain or not.

Also, it's fair to note that missing persons are frequently found in areas previously searched by SAR. It happens so often that WS has a thread dedicated to these cases!

Could be ditched somewhere for all we know. I read that a lot of people from another area showed up because they heard about the party on SM. No telling on where they came from. And for all we know more than once person could have wanted to take advantage of her.
Yes, you’re right, unfortunately it may have been several guys. I sure hope not, but it’s possible, and sometimes people will do in a group what they wouldn’t do alone.

DateTimeActionDetailLink
8/5/226:08 PMKnown LocationVideo surveillance of Kiely visiting local businessPlacer County Sheriff - Facebook Post
8/5/229:45 PMKnown LocationKR arrives to the party (source: SS)The Independent
8/5/22Known LocationAttends party in general area of Prosser family Camp GroupGoogle Maps - Prosser Family Camp Ground
Clip of Party - CBS Sacramento YouTube
Clip of Party Location - Fox 40 YouTube
8/5/2211:00 PMKnown LocationKR & SS Charge Phones in KR's VehicleThe Independent
8/6/2212:15 AMKnown LocationText mother, be home in 45 minutes (12:30pm curfew)Fox News Digital
8/6/2212:25 AMKnown LocationThe teenagers said goodbye to each other around 12.25amThe Independent
8/6/2212:33 AMKnown LocationLast Phone PingPress Conference - Tahoe Truckee Media YouTube
8/6/2212:36 AMPhone Call to Samantha Smith“At 12.36am she called me … and this is the last call anybody had with her. We said ‘love you, good night. Get home safe,’ and that’s the last thing we heard of her,” Samantha said on Monday.
-
A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office told The Independent on Monday that the department could not confirm whether Samantha was the last person to speak Kiely, but said that shortly after midnight her phone was turned off.

(*NOTE: Conflicts with Law Enforcement Statement regarding Times)
The Independent
8/6/229:00 AMInformationDid not show up at meet spot to go on hike with friendsThe Independent
8/6/22morningInformation - SearchFriends search party area and townFox 40
8/6/225:41 PMInformationMissing Flyer Posted to FacebookFacebook - Placer Sheriff
8/7/226:03 PMInformationTip Line SetupFacebook - Placer Sheriff
8/6/226:26 PMInformation - Search280 volunteers begin searchKOLOTV
8/8/223:28 PMInformationAn anonymous tip line has been established and a $50,000 reward offeredKRCA
8/8/222:30 PMInformation - Search50 FBI agents involved; Over 200 tips submittedSacramento Bee
8/9/224:44 PMInformation - SearchAir search of Interstate 80 corridor between Donner Summit and the Nevada state lineFacebook - Placer Sheriff
8/9/2211:59 AMInformation - Search77 Personnel Assigned, 528 Dedicated Personnel Hours, 3 Air Resources, >100 Tips received from 8/6-8/8Facebook - Placer Sheriff
8/9/222:09 PMInformation - SearchGround search includes: all-terrain vehicles, including four-wheelers, trikes and dirt bikes. Search dogs used.Fox News Digital
8/9/222:00 PMSearch UpdateDive teams, boats and helicopters used to search reservoirDaily Mail
8/10/228:58 AMInformationAssisting Agencies: CHP, FBI, Homeland Security, Truckee PD, Douglass County Sheriff, Washoe County Sheriff, California Central Intelligence Center, Placer County OES; Personnel Assigned: 265; Dedicated Personnel Hours: 4,600; Air Resources 2 (PCSO, CHP); Tips: 300 (8/6-8/9)Placer County Sheriff - Facebook Post
updated and removed commentary/speculation. Please provide feedback and I can modify further if future updates are needed.

Just a thought.. What if there was some sort of an accident at the party? Perhaps Kiely's car and body could be hidden somewhere (not in the water)? MOO.
That's a thought I had as well. Even went as far as to speculate that some of the people who showed up brought/sold drugs. It's possible that she took something and OD'd and whoever gave her the drugs panicked and they coordinated to hide the car/body.

Does anyone think an accidental OD and cover up is a likely theory in this case?

I have seen it a few times here on websleuths over the years, nothing is ''off the table'' so to speak, so what are people's opinions on this theory?

MOO.

That's a thought I had as well. Even went as far as to speculate that some of the people who showed up brought/sold drugs. It's possible that she took something and OD'd and whoever gave her the drugs panicked and they coordinated to hide the car/body.
Snap, we posted the same possibility as the same time. Welcome to websleuths @lolo90 I hope you settle in rather quickly.

Does anyone think an accidental OD and cover up is a likely theory in this case?

I have seen it a few times here on websleuths over the years, nothing is ''off the table'' so to speak, so what are people's opinions on this theory?

MOO.
Of course, nothing is off the table here but I don't think this is likely here. In my experience, it would be extremely difficult for there not to be chatter about fatal drug use at the party. FBI especially is very good at detecting this kind of info as well as this suspicion generally makes the tip line as well. JMO

Yes, I agree fully that this type of scenario is a real possibility. I’m sorry it happened to your sister.

The only question I have: Where is the vehicle? If a guy offered to drive her in her own vehicle with nefarious intentions, what became of her vehicle afterwards?
Possibly in someone’s garage. Cars are sometimes hidden in storage lockers or in plain sight like in a gated or chained compound.

Of course, nothing is off the table here but I don't think this is likely here. In my experience, it would be extremely difficult for there not to be chatter about fatal drug use at the party. FBI especially is very good at detecting this kind of info as well as this suspicion generally makes the tip line as well. JMO
My thought process is that it may not have been widespread and may have happened after the majority of people left. Say that the older crowd/out of towners stayed later. She was already intoxicated and a small group broke out some more of the "fun stuff". An adverse reaction in someone with a low tolerance/light weight could have happened. Like you said though, nothing is off the table. It just may be an alternative to a straight up kidnapping.

MOO.

Yes. At this point, anything goes. And it's not too unusual for that to have happened.

I agree, I think if that happened, it would have been discovered by now. These are teen-agers and very young adults, not a crime syndicate. Someone would have talked, a parent would have sensed something, there would have been gossip or chatter. Something would have leaked.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member