Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any actual proof that she ever really made it to the party?

MOO
Interesting...it seems SS is the source for almost all of the party sightings. I believe there is one other friend who confirmed seeing her publicly. LE may have other sources that confirmed she was at the party. SS has definitely been weird with all her statements, I keep having to remember that KR was 16 while all her peers were 18. I know that SS says they were good friends but some others have pointed out that if the KR instagram going around is real, SS does not follow it while she does follow other friends in the group.

LE say she went missing in the early morning hours of the 6th. So, yes I would conclude from that, that she made it there.

Right. I understand...but aside from texts and a couple of witnesses...are there any photos , any video of her there?
Did anyone actually speak to her on the phone during the party, or was everything done by text?

I don't know...just throwing out other possible scenarios.

JMO

Anyone remember this case from last year?
After an extensive week long search, and while knowing which road this couple travelled, the wrecked car was only found by a local guy using a drone.
Vehicle crash down a ravine could be very hard to locate, depending on vegetation and geology.

May have happened here....it's a very extensive area.

“We believe that someone knows,” Nevada County Sheriff’s Office captain Sam Brown said during a press conference on Wednesday.

“Someone saw her but they’re not coming forward.”

“We do not have any new leads, and that I can tell you is very frustrating for us,” Josh Barnhart of the Placer County Sheriff’s Office said during the briefing.
100% this, no way nobody knows. As others have said maybe a few partygoers lurking this thread. Maybe hesitant to inform on a friend.

There is an olde biker, or mafia, or old west out law saying that: "Three can keep a secret- if two are dead."

As you indicated, that saying, whatever the source, holds true most of the time.

That was coined by Benjamin Franklin, and I agree it's as true now as it ever was.

It's possible 95% of that huge crowd at the party didn't even notice or go anywhere near Kiely. But some people, her close friends and probably some boys, did notice her. Whether any of them were paying attention, or sober or mature enough to gauge that this was a serious situation, we don't know yet.

But yes, I believe that if there is anyone from the party who knows anything, it will come out.

My bigger fear is if it turns out to be true that she wound up with a single individual who has no intention of sharing a secret.

Jmo

With that many people there, someone knows something. I have no doubts about that.

IMO, just like everyone else's, she's in the water somewhere or wrecked and the vehicle is hidden from view.

However, we can't dismiss that someone offered to "help" her and drive her home in her vehicle. I've been slipped a Mickey a couple times and ultimately I stopped drinking because of it. KR's 16 and most likely doesn't have a lot of experience being in that environment. Unfortunately, she could've been a target if someone had nefarious intentions.

So I believe that they have said her last phone data was from around 12:33 AM. If she was driving somewhere that had no service, would that be the case as well (no data?) I'm just wondering, if she did drive into the water, why her phone would have been turned off/not responding earlier. You think she would keep the phone on as she was driving. Now it's possible she just didn't have phone reception on those roads and including when she got to the point she entered the water MOO.

It's interesting too that SS says in the video interview posted in this thread that when Kiely called her, she could hear party noise in the background. So we know at the very least Kiely was sitting in her car with windows down by the party and possibly not even IN her car at that point.

I also suspect that Kiely will be found in water.

Following this case I have a feeling of deja vu.

Almost a carbon copy case happened in my country.
But there was not a car involved.

A group of teens had a birthday party in the forest at night.
A girl phoned her Mum she was coming home but never arrived.
She was found later in a big pond some distance from the place they partied - but in opposite direction of her home.

It was believed that
- being drunk she lost her way in darkness,
- or that she ran away from somebody and trying to hide went near the pond, fell in and drowned.

It was a tragic story.

MOO

It sounds like the police have confirmation of that from more than one source.

"August 6th, 12 am
- Elsa Pekarek who was at the party saw Kiely around 12 am."

With that many people there, someone knows something. I have no doubts about that.

IMO, just like everyone else's, she's in the water somewhere or wrecked and the vehicle is hidden from view.

However, we can't dismiss that someone offered to "help" her and drive her home in her vehicle. I've been slipped a Mickey a couple times and ultimately I stopped drinking because of it. KR's 16 and most likely doesn't have a lot of experience being in that environment. Unfortunately, she could've been a target if someone had nefarious intentions.

I've mostly been leaning towards the water theory this whole time but I'm starting to have some suspicions about foul play as more info comes out - such as SS saying older guys started to arrive. Being 16 and intoxicated is can make her very vulnerable. Obviously with her car missing and her possibly being in or near her car if she was planning on going home at that time it could be someone else drove her somewhere. All MOO

I'll just sit on my hands now until there's more info in MSM

What about the area circled in green Run? Could her vehicle enter the water there?
View attachment 358914
I would say the likelihood for her car being in the water there is pretty slim. While the water level is slightly higher than normal at this time of year, that area is still not very deep. I would really expect something to be visible from the air. My neighbor did paddle the shoreline looking for tire tracks leading into the water, and did not see anything at the time. But you never know....

Interesting...it seems SS is the source for almost all of the party sightings. I believe there is one other friend who confirmed seeing her publicly. LE may have other sources that confirmed she was at the party. SS has definitely been weird with all her statements, I keep having to remember that KR was 16 while all her peers were 18. I know that SS says they were good friends but some others have pointed out that if the KR instagram going around is real, SS does not follow it while she does follow other friends in the group.
My family and I personally know the other friend (and her parents/family) who confirmed seeing KR. I would believe her (and her family supporting her). Known her since she was probably 6 years old.

This case reminds me a bit of the events that inspired the 80s film "Rivers Edge". Boyfriend "accidentally" kills girlfriend, circle of acquaintances know but remain silent because of mistrust of LE, not wanting to snitch on a friend, fear of being charged as an accessory, etc. Hopefully some people start talking.

MOO
I was wondering that yesterday, especially since we had not seen any selfies or photos with her in it taken by her friends from the party. However, a new post just upthread has added August 6th, 12 am - Elsa Pekarek who was at the party saw Kiely around 12 am.

So, now at least 3 people have stated they saw Kiely at the party - Sami, Magdalene, and Elsa. I’m feeling more comfortable believing she did attend.

I see that the mother says the last location of her phone was at Prosser (presumably from a Find My Phone-type app). I doubt Kiely would willingly leave her phone behind and drive. So, did she lose her phone, did she or someone else purposely turn it off, or is she still there at Prosser, sadly - either in the water or woods?

jmo

This case reminds me a bit of the events that inspired the 80s film "Rivers Edge". Boyfriend "accidentally" kills girlfriend, circle of acquaintances know but remain silent because of mistrust of LE, not wanting to snitch on a friend, fear of being charged as an accessory, etc. Hopefully some people start talking.
Wasn't that not at all accidental? And the kids were vile about it. The girls ex bf even brought his younger brother along to look at her dead body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa