Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additionally, an email tip line has been set up at sheriff_tahoeinvesttips@placer.ca.gov.

Brown indicated that officials and volunteers have been making use of CalTopo backcountry software to track which areas have been searched.

“We’re struggling with clues, and so searches aren’t super successful. At this point, we have a point last seen, and we’re expanding beyond that point last seen in a systematic way,” said Brown.

“We want to be able to supply all the right answers, especially to the family,” he added. “It’s hard to look somebody in the face and tell them you don’t have those answers.”

“We do not have any new leads and that, I can tell you, is very frustrating for us … anyone that was at the party that night, please come tell law enforcement,” said Barnhart. “Please go to the tip line. We believe that someone knows. Someone saw her but they’re not coming forward. We urge people to come forward. Again, we’ll reiterate that we’re not concerned about what was happening at the party. Our only concern is to get Kiely back.”

Do you think they will be able to pull a geofence warrant for all cell data at the party site at some point? If so, I would think that anyone showing up in that search that hadn't previously come forward as an attendee will be considered suspicious.

At only 16 -- this is a missing youth at a state border location involving multi-jurisdictional investigations so FBI assistance expected. However, this does not mean 50+ FBI Agents all working at the same time. Also, take note that the Prosser Family Campground where KR was last seen and /or reported missing is USDA Forest Land.

Yes. FBI involvement is more than likely based on the "not yet crime" scene is federal land. Local Park Rangers have LE powers but not necessarily investigative. They clearly think this is an endangered person situation and not a run away.

What does it say?
Ironically, it says "You don't want to be forgotten you just want to disappear, which apparently is a lyric from a Lana Del Rey song, and I cannot help but wonder if she especially liked THAT hoodie, and asked to borrow it, or whether it is just a really creepy coincidence that someone offered to lend her one that had that printed on it. JMO

Last edited:
Agree. Although with all the extensive air searches we've seen over the last several days, hopefully they would've seen something to indicate her vehicle. I do know these searches aren't perfect and many cases have shown that areas combed over multiple times end up being the site of rescue/recovery, but it does seem here there have been so many resources dedicated I'd hope it would've shown something by now.
Tall pines conceal a great deal from the air.

A friend showed NewsNation the area where an estimated 200-300 young party goers gathered.

“There were cars up in here and all back in there,” friend Sami Smith said.

“A lot of older people started showing up that people didn’t know,” friend Mags Larson added. “A lot of drugs were involved, like drugs that we don’t typically have just in parties, and our parties also just aren’t normally that big.”
Kiely-Rodni-Helicopter-Search-Pic.jpeg
Helicopters search for Kiely Rodni from above. (Credit: Placer County Sheriff’s Office)

“They searched into the forest, they searched into the water. They’ve searched in every single place, and there’s no tire tracks or anything from what I know,” Sami said.

“She’s just a beautiful soul. You know, she’s so sweet and so vibrant,” Larson said

If her phone never registered a location beyond the general campsite, I suspect she didn't get far.

Very possible that, after her final communication by phone, she turned the phone off. Fumbly fingers, unintentionally.

Very possible she didn't have headlights on.

Very possible she didn't use her phone for navigation (maybe she knew the way home, maybe the car had navigation, maybe she was too impaired to realize she needed navigation).

Her first opportunity to hit pavement, did she have to choose right or left? If she was traveling highway speed and missed a turn or a curve, the car may have launched itself into a reservoir or ravine, even beyond where LE has divers searching.

An accident by land or an abduction leave a sliver of hope she can be found alive so I'll pin my hopes on whatever can bring her home to her family.

If only.

JMO
I wonder if after charging a mostly depleted phone battery in her car, when she arrives at the party, and then using the phone for several hours during the party if KR again found the phone battery dangerously low and in response,turned the phone off herself . If KR was as significantly impaired, as has been represented, when she departed the party,she may have neglected turn the phone on and to plug the phone into her car charger

A friend showed NewsNation the area where an estimated 200-300 young party goers gathered.

“A lot of older people started showing up that people didn’t know,” friend Mags Larson added. “A lot of drugs were involved, like drugs that we don’t typically have just in parties, and our parties also just aren’t normally that big.”
Helicopters search for Kiely Rodni from above. (Credit: Placer County Sheriff’s Office)

“They searched into the forest, they searched into the water. They’ve searched in every single place, and there’s no tire tracks or anything from what I know,” Sami said.

“She’s just a beautiful soul. You know, she’s so sweet and so vibrant,” Larson said
This Picture is Donner lake which is southwest of the area of the campground. Just as an FYI

Ok... just spent 30mins talking to 2 FBI agents who are going door to door in our neighborhood. Interviewed myself and my younger daughter.

We told them as much as we knew and they asked to keep our eyes and ears open to kids that were there. My daughter is friends with some of the older siblings of other kids that were there, and she kinda knows SS. They reiterated that no one is in trouble and kids can be forthcoming with information... they simply want to find her. They were very friendly and really trying their best.

<modsnip: Please don't post information that LE may not want publicized>

Last edited by a moderator:

Just to be clear: That's Donner Lake, west of Truckee. The road on the right is Interstate-80 with the west in the background

That is not Prosser Reservoir where LE is searching. As far as we have been told LE is not in Donner Lake diving or trying to find her vehicle. Donner Lake is 328 feet deep, and is very cold.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I wish I could find the article now, but I know Kiely’s mom was quoted somewhere saying she (KR) has an ex-boyfriend who lives out of town now and that he is NOT a suspect- was cleared by LE and had returned to town and was staying at the lodge now helping the family look. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
What reasons would people, including teens, young adults and older, from multiple states would gather in the woods until a crowd of 100 to 300 were gathered together?

The Fight Club stuff is entertaining but I do believe the older crowd likely brought the hard drugs with them that was also meant for their entertainment. Most high school students don't have the cash to purchase cocaine or whatever else may have been available that evening.

We have several threads at WS for unsuspecting people who have died, from accidental overdosing, by thinking they were consuming one drug but it was actually laced with something much more powerful such as fentanyl.

Kiely's friend, Sami, said she changed her mind about riding home with Kiely because KR had gotten too high to drive. At first, I didn't want to believe Kiely would do that to herself but it appears that may be the truth, as sad as it is to finally acknowledge.

I believe the FBI is on the right track of a kidnapping. Someone at that party, or watching from afar, noticed Kiely had been abandoned by friends and made their move in one way or another.

For the first time I learned during today's presser that someone loaned KR a hoodie. Wonder who loaned her a hoodie to wear?

'She wasn't in a state where she could have driven very far. She was inebriated.

'We don't know if it was someone who was attending the party or a predator. We also don't know if there's someone she planned to go and meet who we don't know about yet. It is a nightmare.'
Missing Kiely Rodni was 'too drunk to drive when she vanished'

Also consumption of alcohol is different for everyone. 2-3 drinks can really have different results for each person, not to mention if they were drinking the same thing but mixing it themselves one could pour more than someone else. We just don’t know at this time. Tolerance level and amount ingested would be nice to know, but we just don’t :(
Also want to piggyback and add the speed of drinking. You can get through half a drink if you're trying for one per hour, not feel a thing, then upping the speed to feel the effects faster. Then all of a sudden you are BLASTED.

How did Kiely get so “messed up” when she and SS were drinking the same thing? What were they drinking?

It doesn’t seem to be a secret that local teens would gather to drink, party, etc at the campground.

Maybe a few parents were in the dark about where their teen was - and that’s the reason they aren’t speaking up - but it wasn’t a gathering of 20 people, it was 200-300!

Something is off here. JMO

At one point SS says they were separated for a length of time. There's no way to confirm or not confirm what Kiely ingested during that time, so it's difficult to say that they both only consumed the same thing. A 200-300 group of teens and college kids - there were tons of different things to drink and take, guaranteed.

I"m getting foul play vibes the more information that comes out. People aren't talking for a reason.

Edited: Removed first half of comment because it was wrong information and want to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Welcome to WS @lolo90.

A silver, light-colored vehicle crashed offroad or in a ravine is exactly what easily blends into the earth -- dry terrain or not.

Also, it's fair to note that missing persons are frequently found in areas previously searched by SAR. It happens so often that WS has a thread dedicated to these cases!
Good points and in line with my experiences particularly in the desert Southwest. I have been to the Sierras and can see LOTS of problems with air search based on vehicle blend with rocks and Pine tree coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288