MT MT - Ashley Loring-HeavyRunner, 20, Browning, 5 June 2017

May 6 2022
1652884187655.png

Does anyone know what date Rachel Crowspreadingwings reportedly saw Ashley? She mentioned mid summer but was it weeks later? Where would she have been held for over a month near Belt MT? From the last episode of Season 3 of up and vanished
This article doesn't mention Rachel but family and gives the date of June 5th.

The last confirmed sighting of Ashley Loring HeavyRunner came on June 5, 2017.
A video taken that night, which was shared online, showed her at a party on the Blackfeet Reservation in Browning, Montana.

When Ashley’s family didn’t see or hear from her in the days after the party, they thought the 20-year-old was visiting a friend. They also assumed she might have lost her phone, something she’d done before.

Yet after Ashley didn’t visit her father when he was in the hospital, her family started to worry. Talking to Ashley’s friends revealed Ashley had been out of touch since June 5.

The investigation has had other developments. A man named Sam McDonald has stated he was with Ashley for days after the party on June 5, 2017. According to McDonald, on June 11, 2017, he drove Ashley to meet someone named “V-Dog,” whose real name was Paul Valenzuela. McDonald has said he fell asleep, and Ashley wasn’t there when he awoke. Ashley’s family has said she was romantically involved with Valenzuela—who had prior burglary and weapons convictions—and spent time with McDonald prior to her disappearance.

*Edited to add this write up is from January 2022.

Last edited:
This article doesn't mention Rachel but family and gives the date of June 5th.

The last confirmed sighting of Ashley Loring HeavyRunner came on June 5, 2017.
A video taken that night, which was shared online, showed her at a party on the Blackfeet Reservation in Browning, Montana.

When Ashley’s family didn’t see or hear from her in the days after the party, they thought the 20-year-old was visiting a friend. They also assumed she might have lost her phone, something she’d done before.

Yet after Ashley didn’t visit her father when he was in the hospital, her family started to worry. Talking to Ashley’s friends revealed Ashley had been out of touch since June 5.

The investigation has had other developments. A man named Sam McDonald has stated he was with Ashley for days after the party on June 5, 2017. According to McDonald, on June 11, 2017, he drove Ashley to meet someone named “V-Dog,” whose real name was Paul Valenzuela. McDonald has said he fell asleep, and Ashley wasn’t there when he awoke. Ashley’s family has said she was romantically involved with Valenzuela—who had prior burglary and weapons convictions—and spent time with McDonald prior to her disappearance.

*Edited to add this write up is from January 2022.
Yes, Ashley allegedly spent 5-6 days with Sam getting high and drinking. June 11th she asked for a ride to meet Paul who had dropped off his girlfriend "T" in Seattle June 10th, it's roughly 10 hours and 31 minutes from Seattle to Browning so he could have made it to get her. Then Rachel Crowspreadingwings (a news reporter) reported seeing Ashley just outside of Belt, MT, who introduced herself as "Ashley" but Rachel was too afraid to do anything further while a man watched over the girl.
UAV has said to believed Paul did something to Ashley between June 11-14th since he picked his girlfriend back up in Seattle on June 15th. But apparently authorities didn't document Rachel's sighting so I cannot find any information on when she believes she saw her on the side of the road while picking berries outside of Belt, MT where the highway divides.

Authorities did tell Rachel they had a reporting of Ashley in Augusta MT an hour and a half before Rachel allegedly saw her in Belt which is an hour and 20 minutes away from one another. Tee (Paul's ex) also said Paul told her he dropped Ashley off in Cut bank "a few weeks ago" (facebook message to Ashley's sister Kimberley June 26th, 2017, found on her missing persons fb page.

To anyone who hasn't listened to the up and vanished podcast I highly recommend it. It sheds a lot of light on what may have happened to Ashley and those who may or may not have been responsible.
I just finished it! It is the only thing I found that went really deep into the whole story. It is also nice hearing from the people themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't acces the article, but the headline suggest that her case remains unsolved.
Silent Search: 6 years later, Ashley Loring Heavyrunners case remains unsolved
''Kimberly took her sisters fight all the way to the Capitol. Testifying in front of congress saying, there isn't near enough being done to save the people on the reservation.

If you have any information about Ashley's disappearance you're asked to call Blackfeet Law Enforcement 406-338-4000''

May 5 2023
  • 1683594974592.png

''This morning, the FBI released the following update on the Ashely Heavyrunner investigation:

"At the request of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, the FBI has agreed to investigate the disappearance of Ashley Loring Heavyrunner of Browning, Montana. Ashley disappeared in June of 2017. The FBI has offered our assistance in the case and has access to additional resources that can be devoted to the investigation. This remains an active investigation and no further information will be released at this time."

Kimberly said what hurts the most is knowing someone in her community, possibly someone she grew up with, knows something but won't speak out.

"It's like, why aren't you talking? It feels hard because all you want is Ashley and they have the information and they have the information and they won't give it," said Loring.''

The podcast, "The Prosecutors" covers her case in Episode #194:

The podcast, "Crime Junkies":

Both of the above reference the podcast, "Up and Vanished, Season 3"

May 19, 2023

June 26, 2023

"But because the crisis is so pervasive, mothers seeking justice for their children must sometimes pause their efforts to help search for another missing child. Family members who are still grieving are flooded with messages from other community members asking for help in their own cases. Sometimes, community members leave one search to help another. "

That quote right there, breaks my heart.

I hope one day Ashley's case is solved.

"But because the crisis is so pervasive, mothers seeking justice for their children must sometimes pause their efforts to help search for another missing child. Family members who are still grieving are flooded with messages from other community members asking for help in their own cases. Sometimes, community members leave one search to help another. "

That quote right there, breaks my heart.

I hope one day Ashley's case is solved.
If you listen to Season 3 of the Up and Vanished podcast, you'll get a good idea of what happened to her. Host Payne Lindsey did what the police either couldn't, or wouldn't, do, to untangle this case.

Up and Vanished

If you listen to Season 3 of the Up and Vanished podcast, you'll get a good idea of what happened to her. Host Payne Lindsey did what the police either couldn't, or wouldn't, do, to untangle this case.

Up and Vanished
Yes. I think that is where I first learned about Ashley. But I was unsure what could be mentioned here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back