Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
”I knew it was going to be…," Lindsey told The U.S. Sun.

"I'm staying off social media. And I've told these poor kids to stay off social media because they're getting streams of messages and people fighting underneath their posts and accusing, all these terrible things.

"None of it is helpful.”

A voice is heard detailing the sighting of a girl and a vehicle "possibly related to a missing subject out of Placer County."

Followers of the ongoing mystery surrounding Kiely's disappearance got their hopes up when they heard "the vehicle is a match" in the clip.

“We were excited but measured when we heard about it, because we’ve had information previously which turned out to be false," a family spokesperson told The U.S. Sun.

"It is incredibly disappointing it wasn’t true, and we urge everyone not to share any unfounded reports, which may then circulate on social media.

"The family and law enforcement are focused on finding Kiely and will not let this dampen their spirit.”
*There‘s no fool like an old fool…
1660296943789.jpeg
“I just want her to come back and be OK and just to know that she’s loved and that we all looked for her and that we all loved her through this and stuff,” Magdalene Larson said.

Larson says she first met Kiely when they were younger. They met when they were 9 years old at an art camp.

She said it wasn’t until a few years later when their parent became friends that she and Kiely became closer.

“My parents decided that we’re going to hang out and that I was going to be friends with their daughter and that’s just what happened,” Larson said.

Larson recalled one time when they went on a three-hour walk, a hangout she considers where their relationship as best friends really took off.

“It means the world to me to see so many people come. I literally almost cried on the first day when we had like 40 people show up. It really does mean a lot to us. The help means a lot to us. We need the help,” Larson said.

Last edited:
I may be the outlier here but I don't think the hoodie has any significance beyond Kiely was chilly and borrowed a hoodie from a friend. Unless she specifically went up to or even told this person ahead of time, "Hey I want to borrow your Lana del Ray hoodie," I think she just got cold and a friend offered her a hoodie they had. It's possible with how dark it was, she didn't even see what was on it.

Now knowing that Kiely is missing, the wording is definitely eerie. I don't argue that at all. But otherwise, I think it's just a coincidence. If she had been planning to run off, I don't think she would need a specific hoodie to wear to do so. But I also don't believe she ran off or is missing by choice. MOO

I've never seen the flick "The Lord of the Flies" so I don't understand the reference.
Before there was the flick, there was the novel.

Lord of the Flies won the Nobel prize for literature- though I think its more popular in the UK than in the USA because the author was British.

Anyways, the theme of the book is centered on a group of youths stranded on an island who experience rapid social break down and the establishment of new societies with new rules- or the lack there of.

These societies have few constraints on personal behavior and leaders dictate decisions based on whim, personal paranoia or in response to mob like mass hysteria.

Last edited:
PLACER COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE

Update: This photo was recently taken of Kiely before she went missing. Please look at the necklaces she is wearing. We ask anyone who has/may have seen her necklaces to please do one of the following: call our tip line (530) 581-6320 Option 7, or email our tip portal - sheriff_tahoeinvesttips@placer.ca.gov. You can remain anonymous.

1660307124665.png

I may be the outlier here but I don't think the hoodie has any significance beyond Kiely was chilly and borrowed a hoodie from a friend. Unless she specifically went up to or even told this person ahead of time, "Hey I want to borrow your Lana del Ray hoodie," I think she just got cold and a friend offered her a hoodie they had. It's possible with how dark it was, she didn't even see what was on it.

Now knowing that Kiely is missing, the wording is definitely eerie. I don't argue that at all. But otherwise, I think it's just a coincidence. If she had been planning to run off, I don't think she would need a specific hoodie to wear to do so. But I also don't believe she ran off or is missing by choice. MOO
I think you’re probably right. I mentioned a theory that it was planned - but I don’t necessarily believe that. It’s more wishful thinking, since I’d much rather have her be a runaway than not with us anymore :/

JMO

During a phone call featured on a new episode, tipster Ronnie Jones told him: "I have two cousins, they go to Sierra College, and they were going up to that party, they'd heard about.

"And they had some other friends going with them but they were around 27/28 years old, they’re older, there was a lot of older dudes there.

"And so I asked them if they knew her, and they said they saw her there and that she was just like, you know, laughing, going from group to group, talking, they didn’t make nothing of it.

"But she was talking to I guess a bunch of people, she was just walking around talking to everybody. And they said at the party a lot of people were doing shrooms, cocaine, drinking and all that.
………..

"I asked them, I said, 'Did you see anything weird going on, was anyone looking at her funny?' But they were like 'No, everyone was just chill, but everyone was kind of messed up, and so was she.'

"I asked, well how drunk was she? And they said, well, she was stumbling around, she wasn't walking around like, ‘Oh I’m tipsy, I’m cool’. She was pretty drunk. If she had been driving around she would have been swerving easily.

"There was no way she could have drove.

"That was basically all I knew from that, and then they told me there was some other stuff but they can’t really talk about that, that’s basically all that they knew. She was really drunk and there was tons of drugs, not just drinking. They were doing blow [cocaine] openly.

"And it wasn’t just a teen party, there were a lot of adults there, mid 20s, dudes who were way older there than 16."

Ronnie claimed that his family didn't see her leave as they left the party, attended by up to 300 people, around 10.30/11pm.

Kiely reportedly continued to party until 12.30am on Saturday morning.
……

"When kids go out there, I’ve been out there, they don't go out there with the drugs, they don't go out there with the shrooms, they usually bring the alcohol.

"The dudes who come out there, the older guys, they have the shrooms and the cocaine. And then the kids go hang out with that group, the older dudes, because they’re giving them the blow, and hooking them up with stuff they can’t really afford because they don't really have the money for it, cocaine is pretty expensive.

"Most of the guys, they always wanna give it to the girls, they give them free lines, but then they want you to kick it with them, like, 'Hey, come do a line with me, come do a line with me'. That's how it goes, that's how those parties are.

"There's no telling what could have happened. But I do know she was messed up, that's a fact. So if they tried to word it nicely … no, she was sh**faced.

"I can't say for sure she participated [in substances] but that's what was there for a fact."

'I THINK SOMEONE WAS INVOLVED'

He added that a lot of the cocaine in the area is laced, and mixing it with shrooms would be "a dangerous combination".

Word got out about the end-of-school party a month ahead of time by word of mouth on campus at Sierra College, according to the tipster, who added: "And no, I was not there, my wife would kill me."

Ronnie, 29, also told The U.S Sun that he has since joined the search and been near the campground checking around the party site, and wants to investigate anywhere the car may have been "stashed."

"I think someone is involved, who else was hanging out with her?" he said.
……..

"I find it hard to believe she was at that party by herself when her friend left. Where was her group of people? That's the sketchy part.

"My cousins left with their group, they didn't interact with her, but they saw her drunk.

"web sleuths" does not mean us, if i'm reading the link correctly and i've caught up on the threads...no where did any of us claim she was seen/found.

the car accident theory pretty much just went out the window...IMO...there's no doubt in my mind something happened to her at that campground and someone basically stole her car. was she in it/dumped out of it elsewhere? perhaps. her cell phone is at the bottom of a lake, and her car is in someone's garage or left in a random lot hundreds of miles away. MOO.

Was she going to live on campus, or at least not live at home when she left for college in a couple of weeks? It doesn't make common sense that she would voluntarily leave her life behind now when in a couple of weeks she was leaving with a future in mind and love and support of her family.

"web sleuths" does not mean us, if i'm reading the link correctly and i've caught up on the threads...no where did any of us claim she was seen/found.

the car accident theory pretty much just went out the window...IMO...there's no doubt in my mind something happened to her at that campground and someone basically stole her car. was she in it/dumped out of it elsewhere? perhaps. her cell phone is at the bottom of a lake, and her car is in someone's garage or left in a random lot hundreds of miles away. MOO.
Legitimate and credible information became available. Folks became hopeful, including Kiely’s family. I hope the Sun is just taking liberties with the word “slamming”, due to feedback from a frantic and upset family, which is understandable. The information turned out to be a false lead. That’s it. That’s all that happened. JMO

Kiely's family also spoke out about the rumors, calling them "disappointing."

“We were excited but measured when we heard about it, because we’ve had information previously which turned out to be false," a family spokesperson told The U.S. Sun.

Kiely-Rodni-2-728x1024.png

“Kiely was born and raised here and she has disappeared,” Daniel said. “This is our community’s daughter. She is no longer just our daughter … these are the parties your kids are going to. We need answers.”

“When your kids become 16, where are they going to go,” Daniel said. “My daughter is a straight-A student on her way to U.C. Santa Cruz. At 16, she’s 16 going to college. This is Tahoe. This isn’t supposed to happen here. We need answers. Remember, Kiely is your child too. Please, anything.”

Now knowing that Kiely is missing, the wording is definitely eerie. I don't argue that at all. But otherwise, I think it's just a coincidence. If she had been planning to run off, I don't think she would need a specific hoodie to wear to do so.

I completely agree. Just like the lodge her family owns is called "Lost Trail Lodge," and the old magazine article about the lodge is entitled "Lost and Found."

In hindsight, we try to find meaning when we don't know what has happened, but IMO she didn't choose to wear a hoodie to broadcast a message. She was likely just chilly.

I would speculate that the "17" tattoo on her ribs has some significance to Kiely because she chose it, but these other things are only sinister in retrospect.

Jmo

This morning, my thoughts of what happened to Kiely have changed just very slightly from what they have been, pretty much since the beginning. I had always felt like Kiely had gotten very impaired at the party, and had an accident on the way home, made a wrong turn or lost control of her car somewhere, and is probably in water, and just has not yet been located.

As more information <modsnip> about the night of the party comes out, I am more inclined to believe that Kiely may have, in fact, met up with some older people who had harder drugs than perhaps she may have had experience with, and I fear she may have either driven, or been driven, to another location to continue to party, after leaving the Sanctuary. I believe there, it is very possible that she may have succumbed to a lethal mix of alcohol and drugs, and she was either left there, and someone drove her vehicle away to some other location, and neither she nor it has yet been found, or, she was placed in the car and driven somewhere that both she and the vehicle could be well hidden, in water most likley.

It seems very "duh, ya think", but I think finding her car is key to figuring out what happened, and to finding Kiely. JMO

older link, but, the emphasis on her jewelry in the photo leads me to believe they are literally grasping at straws and don't believe the jewelry is actually on her person. pray i'm wrong.

As I remember correctly she told her friend that she was "going to become f...up" during this party.
What is the meaning and purpose of it?

What does it say about her state of mind?

I can understand some alcohol to loosen up and have a good time.

MOO

As I remember correctly she told her friend that she was "going to become f...up" during this party.
What is the meaning and purpose of it?

What does it say about her state of mind?

I can understand some alcohol to loosen up and have a good time.

MOO
I'm more than five but less than ten years older than Kiely and I hear people say that casually pretty often. I know I've used those exact words even when I actually wasn't planning on getting all that f'd up at all, lol. I also have a 17 year old brother and a sister between our ages and that goes for them and their friend groups too. Of course I have no idea what Kiely may or may not have been going through but personally I wouldn't read much into it based on that particular choice of words alone.

Has there been any clear update on the reservoir water search?
Answering my own post, BBM:

“Authorities have conducted search efforts since then, including dive teams that entered the Prosser Creek Reservoir on Wednesday looking near the shoreline for signs of Rodni or her silver Honda CRV, which is also missing. But they found no clues to lead them to Rodni's whereabouts.“

Search for missing Kiely Rodni: Police activate CodeRed system after teen disappeared from campground party

Hello. I just registered.

The time between when she was last seen (12:30am) and when she was reported missing (9am) is really looking like the difference here. I still can't get over the fact no amber alert has been issued.

Before there was the flick, there was the novel.

Lord of the Flies won the Nobel prize for literature- though I think its more popular in the UK than in the USA because the author was British.

Anyways, the theme of the book is centered on a group of youths stranded on an island who experience rapid social break down and the establishment of new societies with new rules- or the lack there of.

These societies have few constraints on personal behavior and leaders dictate decisions based on whim, personal paranoia or in response to mob like mass hysteria.

I taught English for 25 years, and in the early years I taught this novel. (In later years we weren't allowed to select what we wanted).

It has several themes that pertain to this mob/party.

One major theme is what would happen in a society that has no laws and no authority figures, such as parents and law enforcement. Are people innately "good," or will mob mentality devolve into evil? What is created in the absence of social norms?

Viewing this mob/party as a microcosm, since it was a temporary "society" in the woods and not a long-term society on an island, it appears that social order did break down. Of course these kids and young adults have parents and law enforcement around, as they're not isolated as in LOtF, but at the moment, those parents and LE were on the periphery.

Even if Kiely had come home safely, this party to celebrate graduation (ostensibly) became a mob, with people of varying age groups, hundreds of outsiders, drugs, alcohol, and who knows what between the sexes.

And, of course, in the novel, one child's life is sacrificed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie