Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, really sorry about this but I am hoping you can help me out. I've just spent the last hour reading through some of the Gannon threads here and reading MSM articles and I've yet to find an answer for my question. I'm sure it's somewhere in one of these threads but I don't know that I'll ever find it.

So, if T left her house with Gannon @ 10 am on the 27th and returned to her house @ 2 pm on the 27th without him & reported him missing on the 27th, when did she have time to drive him down to Florida?
Although the security camera footage from the neighbor did not show G exiting her truck, investigators determined that he DID return home with her that afternoon.

Here’s the timeline of events they laid out at the Preliminary hearing:

[…]
On the day Gannon disappeared, Stauch asked her teenage daughter to stop by a store and buy carpet-cleaning supplies, baking soda, trash bags and other items around 5 p.m, according to the affidavit.

She called 911 to report Gannon as missing, saying he had failed to return from a friend’s house, but she couldn’t name the friend he was supposedly visiting, and her account changed constantly throughout the investigation, sometimes including details about the crime that only the killer would know, according to the affidavit.

The morning after Gannon disappeared, Stauch drove her car to the Colorado Springs airport and parked there. She then rented a car, picked up Gannon’s father from a flight — he’d been out of town for two days — and returned home in the rented car, testified Kevin Clark, who worked the case as an analyst for Colorado Springs police.

Later that night, Stauch retrieved her car and then drove to the area near Colorado 105 and South Perry Park Road in Douglas County, where investigators believe she initially dumped Gannon’s body. Stauch’s phone appeared to be in airplane mode for several hours that night, testimony revealed, and searchers later found a board with Gannon’s blood on it in that area.

On Feb. 1, 2020, Stauch rented a van and drove with her teenage daughter from Colorado to Pensacola. They arrived just after midnight on Feb. 4, he testified. They stayed in a hotel about three miles away from the spot where Gannon’s body was later discovered before heading to Orlando and then South Carolina, where Stauch previously lived.

[…]

Although the security camera footage from the neighbor did not show G exiting her truck, investigators determined that he DID return home with her that afternoon.

Here’s the timeline of events they laid out at the Preliminary hearing:

[…]
On the day Gannon disappeared, Stauch asked her teenage daughter to stop by a store and buy carpet-cleaning supplies, baking soda, trash bags and other items around 5 p.m, according to the affidavit.

She called 911 to report Gannon as missing, saying he had failed to return from a friend’s house, but she couldn’t name the friend he was supposedly visiting, and her account changed constantly throughout the investigation, sometimes including details about the crime that only the killer would know, according to the affidavit.

The morning after Gannon disappeared, Stauch drove her car to the Colorado Springs airport and parked there. She then rented a car, picked up Gannon’s father from a flight — he’d been out of town for two days — and returned home in the rented car, testified Kevin Clark, who worked the case as an analyst for Colorado Springs police.

Later that night, Stauch retrieved her car and then drove to the area near Colorado 105 and South Perry Park Road in Douglas County, where investigators believe she initially dumped Gannon’s body. Stauch’s phone appeared to be in airplane mode for several hours that night, testimony revealed, and searchers later found a board with Gannon’s blood on it in that area.

On Feb. 1, 2020, Stauch rented a van and drove with her teenage daughter from Colorado to Pensacola. They arrived just after midnight on Feb. 4, he testified. They stayed in a hotel about three miles away from the spot where Gannon’s body was later discovered before heading to Orlando and then South Carolina, where Stauch previously lived.

[…]

Wow, okay that explains it perfectly. :( Thank you.

Hey guys, really sorry about this but I am hoping you can help me out. I've just spent the last hour reading through some of the Gannon threads here and reading MSM articles and I've yet to find an answer for my question. I'm sure it's somewhere in one of these threads but I don't know that I'll ever find it.

So, if T left her house with Gannon @ 10 am on the 27th and returned to her house @ 2 pm on the 27th without him & reported him missing on the 27th, when did she have time to drive him down to Florida?

She first took him to a field near her home to get his body out of her house. Then, when she was driving to SC after he went missing, she did a detour to FL to dump his body.

Just remembering the whole timeline from the last few posts.... It strikes me as a pretty quick return to sanity that she was able to drive to the airport, leave the car (presumably with G's body in it), rent another car, pick up Al, then return later to retrieve G and dump him. Good grief... That's a lot of quick thinking for someone just recovering from a "brief attack of insanity". She was a busy little bee that day.

At one point I had a theory that L thought G was dead when they returned home. And somehow got him into the house through the garage, hoping to put him in bed and make it look like he had died there (of natural causes, I guess?). But when she realized he was still alive, the violent bloodbath happened. I still wonder if some version of this might be true, because what the heck was she doing driving around with him all day before they came home?!

I hope she doesn't go for a plea deal; I want to know what happened and I want her to finally face the music.

Just remembering the whole timeline from the last few posts.... It strikes me as a pretty quick return to sanity that she was able to drive to the airport, leave the car (presumably with G's body in it), rent another car, pick up Al, then return later to retrieve G and dump him. Good grief... That's a lot of quick thinking for someone just recovering from a "brief attack of insanity". She was a busy little bee that day.

At one point I had a theory that L thought G was dead when they returned home. And somehow got him into the house through the garage, hoping to put him in bed and make it look like he had died there (of natural causes, I guess?). But when she realized he was still alive, the violent bloodbath happened. I still wonder if some version of this might be true, because what the heck was she doing driving around with him all day before they came home?!

I hope she doesn't go for a plea deal; I want to know what happened and I want her to finally face the music.
I do not believe this DA will accept a plea deal. He seemed to be intent on seeing her pay for what she has done.

I doubt there's a risk of T getting any kind of plea deal that doesn't end in LWOP.

IMO she could enter a plea dropping some mitigating charges and plead guilty on the murder charge, to avoid trial. With full LWOP.

But she'd need a shred of decency to do that.

Not seeing it.

This makes it to trial, IMO she's going to make Jodi Arias look like a model of mental health and emotional stability. Judge might have to remove her from the room.

We know she needs to remain removed from society.

JMO

I doubt there's a risk of T getting any kind of plea deal that doesn't end in LWOP.

IMO she could enter a plea dropping some mitigating charges and plead guilty on the murder charge, to avoid trial. With full LWOP.

But she'd need a shred of decency to do that.

Not seeing it.

This makes it to trial, IMO she's going to make Jodi Arias look like a model of mental health and emotional stability. Judge might have to remove her from the room.

We know she needs to remain removed from society.

JMO
What I don’t want is to see her attorneys make Gannon’s family look bad. She alone slaughtered him. And slaughter is the right term.

Your post gave me chills and made me so sad for what fear he must have felt. That poor sweet kid :(

This woman is genuinely evil and deserves to rot in a cage, forever. Even that seems too good for her.

Your post gave me chills and made me so sad for what fear he must have felt. That poor sweet kid :(

This woman is genuinely evil and deserves to rot in a cage, forever. Even that seems too good for her.
Before we even knew what she had done to him, just the thought in my mind of her driving around for the day with him in pain, maybe dead or waiting for him to die, made my heart hurt so much. I don’t know that kind of evil!

And I would add if anyone had any inkling of what she had done by taking his body and dumping him in Florida should be charged as an accessory and I don’t care who that is!

What I don’t want is to see her attorneys make Gannon’s family look bad. She alone slaughtered him. And slaughter is the right term.
She’s pled guilty by reason of insanity. She’s no longer denying she did it. The only question now is, was she sane at the time or not?

There is no need to make Gannon’s family look bad.

She did it.

No plea deal. Nope. They’ve got the evidence and lots of it. She’s going down. We just need to get through this sanity thing.

Question for any legal beagles out there….if, or I should say when, she is found sane, can she change her plea back to not guilty or is she done because she decided to try the NG by reason of insanity route?

She’s pled guilty by reason of insanity. She’s no longer denying she did it. The only question now is, was she sane at the time or not?

There is no need to make Gannon’s family look bad.

She did it.

No plea deal. Nope. They’ve got the evidence and lots of it. She’s going down. We just need to get through this sanity thing.

Question for any legal beagles out there….if, or I should say when, she is found sane, can she change her plea back to not guilty or is she done because she decided to try the NG by reason of insanity route?
Good question.... I hope not, because how in the world is everyone supposed to pretend like she never (effectively) admitted doing it?! But I would not put it past her to try.:rolleyes:

Good question.... I hope not, because how in the world is everyone supposed to pretend like she never (effectively) admitted doing it?! But I would not put it past her to try.:rolleyes:
I am not an attorney. But I am pretty sure if the current eval says she's sane, the defense will have an eval done by their expert. I think they already said that. But even if they hadn't, it's definitely what would happen. Competent attorneys aren't just going to say "oh well, never mind. Just thought we'd try that." And a defendant does have rights. It wouldn't make sense to legally limit the eval situation to just one opinion for that plea.

If the next expert also says she's sane, I am pretty sure the plea MUST be changed. I don't think a person is allowed to go to trial pleading NGRI with no pre-trial evidence of insanity. But I'm not an attorney. I do know Colorado is kind of a weird state. Most states put the burden on the defense to prove insanity. Colorado puts it on the State to prove sanity beyond a reasonable doubt.

If the defense expert says insanity then it's a matter of dueling experts, not an unusual situation.

The NGRI plea does mean (in effect) she's admitting she did it. But one of her attorneys did dance around and say no, that it only had to do with what was done with the body afterwards. So who knows!

JMO

Maybe she really is insane. Nothing she's done is normal.

I don't care if she ends up in prison or in a psyche ward somewhere--as long as she never sets foot in public again.

I dont believe she is insane.

Also,I don't know about in the USA,I will have to check,but in the UK if you are sentenced to the psych ward because you were found to be insane when you committed committed crime,they don't lock you up for life,they lock you up until you aren't found to be insane anymore. I mean it's it's bit more Codicote than that but basically it's not a life sentence.

IMO she knew exactly what she was doing then and she knows exactly what she is doing now,trying to game the system. She is sick but she's not insane.

I dont believe she is insane.

Also,I don't know about in the USA,I will have to check,but in the UK if you are sentenced to the psych ward because you were found to be insane when you committed committed crime,they don't lock you up for life,they lock you up until you aren't found to be insane anymore. I mean it's it's bit more Codicote than that but basically it's not a life sentence.

IMO she knew exactly what she was doing then and she knows exactly what she is doing now,trying to game the system. She is sick but she's not insane.

It's true criminal committment isn't a life sentence without the equivalent of "parole." But being found NGRI is an uphill battle at best. Most NGRI defenses fail and even Andrea Yates who was very clearly insane, was convicted of murdering her children during her first trial. Her second trial she was found NGRI. (So far, 20+ years after the crime she consistently refuses evaluation for release & will probably die in the psyc hospital.) In general, people are kept on psyc wards longer than people are kept in prison for committing the same crime (when the prison sentence is "life" but not "life without the possibility of parole.")

Maybe it's different in the UK but in the US usually psychiatrists are very reluctant to declare a person who has been found NGRI "sane" and no longer a danger to society. It's hard to predict future violence accurately & nobody wants to be the one who voted to tell the court a patient who was still dangerous should be let out.

I'm not making the case for LS being insane. I have no idea because we really don't have access to the data needed to make that determination. But NGRI isn't a "avoid jail/go free fast" option.
JMO

I haven't followed this terrible case closely so I might have overlooked these:
- were there any previous incidents of abuse of the boy?

- did he ever complain about the stepmother?

- what was the motive?
Was it jealousy that dad and son were on good terms?

The ferocity of her attack on the boy indicates hatred.
I wonder if there were any red flags and if somebody noticed them.

Last edited:
I haven't followed this terrible case closely so I might have overlooked these:
- were there any previous incidents of abuse of the boy?

- did he ever complain about the stepmother?

- what was the motive?
Was it jealousy that dad and son were on good terms?

The ferocity of her attack on the boy indicates hatred.
I wonder if there were any red flags and if somebody noticed them.

Nothing that has MSM links to be able to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member