Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully disagree. I've been to plenty of rural campsite parties just like this back in the day (10-15 years ago) and kegs were most definitely there. Especially high school parties.
You may be right but it seems cumbersome to me.
And I went back and looked at the original interview- Megs mentioned Bong rips, so that would be weed.
Anyway, it’s just unfortunate so many kids were in peril.

So they'd know if it had at least been driven by?
We don’t have freeway cameras like that in California, only at the toll bridges and toll lanes. Municipal parking patrols (“meter maids”) often utilize license plate reading cameras for time limit enforcements and I know that those do search for BOLO cars.

Respectfully disagree. I've been to plenty of rural campsite parties just like this back in the day (10-15 years ago) and kegs were most definitely there. Especially high school parties.

But in those 10-15 years, things have changed. Weed has become legal, and the availability of ketamine, methamphetamines and fentanyl is something which we would have never imagined. Their use is almost epidemic proportions in some areas of the US.

Why drink beer, when it's heavy to carry about, takes ages to get you drunk and makes you want to pee?

I think for this age range, it'd be drugs first and foremost at a party.

MOO.

Thoughts on other party goers not coming forward yet.

Seems this party is an annual rite of passage among local HS seniors. It also sounds like this party has not been much of a problem in past years.

This year however was different. I have no doubt there was always a bit of liquor and pot there. This year the party seems to have changed, both in the number and background of attendees and the possible substances introduced at the party.
KR's friends are probably college bound. I'm sure her friends (and their parents)are afraid of losing college acceptances/scholarships if they come forward and are associated with illegal activities.

KR's disappearance is serious and becomes more dire by the day. It is my hope and prayer that her friends and acquaintances at the party start offering more information to LE. It may not be direct information, rather having to do with their observance's of the outsiders attending the party.

My greatest fear is that the "older dudes" at the party want nothing to do with this and will stay silent. It seems they may be the ones that introduced the more serious drugs at the party. They didn't know KR before the party and want nothing to do with the search for her. These "dudes" are afraid of more serious charges regarding supplying mushrooms and cocaine.

JMO

But in those 10-15 years, things have changed. Weed has become legal, and the availability of ketamine, methamphetamines and fentanyl is something which we would have never imagined. Their use is almost epidemic proportions in some areas of the US.

Why drink beer, when it's heavy to carry about, takes ages to get you drunk and makes you want to pee?

MOO.
Agreed. Teens and college kids rarely drink beer these days and the beer companies are panicking. It's the older Millenials and Get Zs that drank beer. These kids are into seltzer drinks and weed at the party and pre-gaming with hard alcohol or weed before.

If it was bongs, she would have been much safer than the intended alcohol. Much more capable of awareness, and driving. I would be much more worried about driving with alcohol.
It is very likely there was more than alcohol and weed at this party. Perhaps 'shrooms and cocaine were available as well. Possibly illicit prescription pills laced with fentanyl. A lot of college kids around where I live can easily get Adderall, especially during all-nighters and exam time. I think too many of us "older" sleuths, of which I am one, are not terribly in touch with the drugs that are readily available and used by kids today. And that doesn't even include all of the completely unregulated synthetic drugs that can be bought over the internet. These kids aren't just rolling stogies like we did during the Cheech and Chong days, and chugging PBR's. JMO

Last edited:
Yes. The recent case of Chrissy Powell, younger mom who went missing in the San Antonio, TX area, was found in her car, deceased, about 18 days after she left for work. In a busy shopping mall complex near a restaurant and REI store. Security noticed it, but didn't really think much to walk up to it until days later... Right on her route to work, basically.
YES!! I was just going to post this same case about a car being in a parking lot, any lot, anywhere.
There are multiple cases I have followed where the vehicle ended up in a parking lot, hotel parking lot, parking garage, miles away from where person was found.
But Chrissy's case came first to mind.

Hoping they find her soon !!!

Highly unlikely.

Incline would just be too far a drive past too many cameras for a house party. It's also across state lines.

Tahoe-Donner makes perfect sense, especially if these outdoor parties usually are held in the Prosser Reservoir area. No one even has to cross the freeway and if there is party house, my guess it would be more likely on the east side than the west.
I grew up in Incline Village and still have family there. I spoke to my aunt today (lived there 35 years) and asked if she'd heard anything. Most of what she told me would probably count as rumor and isn't anything that hasn't been posted here or elsewhere already anyway but she did say Incline kids were definitely at the party.

I figured as much- when I was in high school we all trooped back and forth to Truckee without much thought. It's really a quick and easy drive; you wouldn't even notice the state line if you didn't know it was there. Incline is a very wealthy town and kids there tend to have a lot of freedom and resources, parents that travel a lot, big empty houses... etc. It's probably not super relevant but I wouldn't say an afterparty etc in that direction is any more unlikely than other surrounding areas, especially with the confirmation of Incline kids there already.

However, why did her friend that left after 30 mins and SS just leave her there if they knew it had a weird vibe and she was inebriated?! She must've been with someone? SS must've seen she was with someone before she went.

I'd like SS to clarify who Kiely was with when she decided to leave, and if either of them knew these people.
One thing I wonder is if it as possible that Kiely calling her friend was some sort of code or call for help. Like "do you need a ride", as if she had told someone her friend needed a ride and was waiting for her to try and get out of talking to someone or leaving with them. And then when the friend was like nope, she was kind of on her own when this person heard that.

MOO.
Ketamine and meth have always been around. Same with shrooms. Unfortunately that is nothing new. I was simply replying to the comment that "kegs aren't in much use in those kind of environments" which is not true. Have you heard of keg stands?
As far as bong rips, they're talking about weed.
One of my main concerns is fent. Young teens typically don't know these days how important it is to "test your drugs" (if they're going to use anyway, at least be safe about it) or they typically don't have the money to buy expensive cocaine and sometimes they don't know the difference (or care) and end up buying laced drugs- which has possible, unfortunately often - fatal consequences.

Thoughts on other party goers not coming forward yet.

Seems this party is an annual rite of passage among local HS seniors. It also sounds like this party has not been much of a problem in past years.

This year however was different. I have no doubt there was always a bit of liquor and pot there. This year the party seems to have changed, both in the number and background of attendees and the possible substances introduced at the party.
KR's friends are probably college bound. I'm sure her friends (and their parents)are afraid of losing college acceptances/scholarships if they come forward and are associated with illegal activities.

KR's disappearance is serious and becomes more dire by the day. It is my hope and prayer that her friends and acquaintances at the party start offering more information to LE. It may not be direct information, rather having to do with their observance's of the outsiders attending the party.

My greatest fear is that the "older dudes" at the party want nothing to do with this and will stay silent. It seems they may be the ones that introduced the more serious drugs at the party. They didn't know KR before the party and want nothing to do with the search for her. These "dudes" are afraid of more serious charges regarding supplying mushrooms and cocaine.

JMO
Yes... so why was this year different? Who announced this high school "end of school rite of passage" get together to the "world" in that area, and why? Or had these parties slowly been becoming infiltrated with drug dealers hoping to make some money and for whatever reason the word went rampant this time?

Yes... so why was this year different? Who announced this high school "end of school rite of passage" get together to the "world" in that area, and why? Or had these parties slowly been becoming infiltrated with drug dealers hoping to make some money and for whatever reason the word went rampant this time?
Good question, hopefully tracing of SM will help with this.

JMO

I think 2 years of Covid lockdowns was a game changer across the board. Everyone wants out and they want too party.

BBM
If true, this doesn't make sense.
Did she use someone else's phone to call SS at 12:36?
I have been very curious about this call. For a few days. In my experience teens and 20 somethings do not talk on the phone. They text, snap, video, everything but talk. You can call them and they do not answer, but will text 2 seconds later. Unless I have read wrong and it is possible, it seems like all KR’s previous communication were by text but she called SS? Had she tried texting and did not get a response? Not insinuating anything, just curious. Also, do we know who SS left with?
MOO IMHO

The community is hosting a music event and fundraiser for missing Kiely Rodni's family on Aug. 13​

August 12, 2022 6:59pm EDT

California and Nevada authorities are ramping up search efforts for missing 16-year-old Kiely Rodni in Truckee, California, over the weekend, officials said Friday.

Placer County Sheriff's Office public information officer Angela Musallam told Fox News Digital on Friday that they will be "getting more searchers" over the weekend and "expanding" their search around the general area of Prosser Family Campground, where Rodni was last seen in the early morning hours of Aug. 6.

I have been very curious about this call. For a few days. In my experience teens and 20 something’s do not talk on the phone. They text, snap, video, everything but talk. You can call them and they do not answer, but will text 2 seconds later. Unless I have read wrong and it is possible, it seems like all KR’s previous communication were by text but she called SS? Had she tried texting and did not get a response? Not insinuating anything, just curious. Also, do we know who SS left with?
MOO IMHO
That's a really good point! I wonder, now that you've asked, if she didn't get a response from a text so called. Or was too drunk to text without a zillion typos. But then, KR supposedly texted her mom about leaving and no one has said that was illegible. Hmm.

As far as I know, we do not know who SS left with, or the person she drove to the party.

MOO.
Unfortunately, you are correct.

I have enjoyed many "Keggers" in my years but my young adult children who go to parties have told me about the "K" aka ketamine, methamphetamines and fentanyl that float around at these gatherings,

Also --some may think they are doing straight "coke" or weed but ends up being laced with meth or fentanyl unbeknownst to them.
A Bad batch of whatever floats around most parties these days.

My girls have seen some not so good things due to this so they stay clear of the drugs but they do drink the seltzers now, not beer and a few of their friends who only drink, no drugs, have been slipped a mickey also.

It is just very scary out there, IMO , and I think Kiely could have been slipped a mickey, was more messed up than what she thought she was but thought she could drive home ( 12 miles, IIRC ) and is off the road, either down a ravine or in water.

I am not throwing abduction, or OD (cover up) out though.

Any of these things are possible.

My heart breaks for her parents .. my friend's son is still missing and it is the worst thing a parent could go through.

Ketamine and meth have always been around. Same with shrooms. Unfortunately that is nothing new. I was simply replying to the comment that "kegs aren't in much use in those kind of environments" which is not true. Have you heard of keg stands?
As far as bong rips, they're talking about weed.
One of my main concerns is fent. Young teens typically don't know these days how important it is to "test your drugs" (if they're going to use anyway, at least be safe about it) or they typically don't have the money to buy expensive cocaine and sometimes they don't know the difference (or care) and end up buying laced drugs- which has possible, unfortunately often - fatal consequences.
Yes--that is what I was trying to say in my post a few minutes ago.
the Fent is now being added to these other drugs and they dont realize it until it is too late, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆