TX - Troy Khoeler, 7, found dead inside washing machine, Spring, July 2022 *arrests*

I've lived in this neighborhood for many years my daughter went to Jenkins While I have fond memories it's not a good neighborhood lots of crime I also didn't have good experiences with pct4 police lets say they're jaded and it takes a lot if you report something for them to actually take it serious at least that's how it was back then Also every house there I was in including mine had the washer dryer in the garage Sadly it wouldn't surprise me if little Troy was left all alone and initially not even checked on when Dad returned So far I'm leaning towards tragic accident .......

It’s not clear if there was water in the top-loading machine when the child was found. Asked whether it appeared to be an accident, a police spokesman told reporters, “It’s just too early...We don't know what happened, but we intend to find out.”

He was fully clothed, so how is it not clear if there was water in the washer? Were his clothes wet or dry? Seems like that should be a fairly simple thing to figure out (IMO of course).
"Not clear" is from the perspective of the reporters, not the perspective of LE. They are saying, "We, the reporters, do not know if there was water in the washing machine, because LE has not disclosed this information".

It’s not clear if there was water in the top-loading machine when the child was found. Asked whether it appeared to be an accident, a police spokesman told reporters, “It’s just too early...We don't know what happened, but we intend to find out.”
I'm wondering if perhaps Troy dropped something (a toy?) into the open washing machine, then realized he was not tall enough to reach into the drum and get it. Accordingly, he might have hoisted himself up and over the front lip of the washer, reached down to retrieve whatever it was he dropped in there, and essentially ended up head-down in the drum. In such a position (and especially if the drum had a central agitator, which many modern washers still do) he might've been unable to maneuver his arms in a way that would allow him to push himself back up and out of the drum, which could have caused positional asphyxia.

n such a position (and especially if the drum had a central agitator, which many modern washers still do) he might've been unable to maneuver his arms in a way that would allow him to push himself back up and out of the drum, which could have caused positional asphyxia.
I'm thinking of Kendrick Johnson. JMO

it would be one heck of an inconvenient coincidence if Troy died by accident from positional asphyxia during a window where he just happened to have been left unsupervised. Awaiting an update from LE.

it would be one heck of an inconvenient coincidence if Troy died by accident from positional asphyxia during a window where he just happened to have been left unsupervised. Awaiting an update from LE.
It would be gross negligence, child endangerment & more (reckless behavior leading to death?). I can't get past him being left alone. There is no excuse for that IMO. This case is disturbing on so many levels.

Not sure if I really agree with that - for a child to die from positional asphyxia would almost necessarily entail a lack of supervision.

I'm wondering if perhaps Troy dropped something (a toy?) into the open washing machine, then realized he was not tall enough to reach into the drum and get it. Accordingly, he might have hoisted himself up and over the front lip of the washer, reached down to retrieve whatever it was he dropped in there, and essentially ended up head-down in the drum. In such a position (and especially if the drum had a central agitator, which many modern washers still do) he might've been unable to maneuver his arms in a way that would allow him to push himself back up and out of the drum, which could have caused positional asphyxia.

I honestly find the positional asphyxia angle pretty unlikely. It is hard to speculate without knowing more about his exact position, the setup of the washing machine, etc. But I think it mostly only happens in very small children (babies/infants) or people who are in very specific situations (physical violence/altercation with LE, caving, freak accidents).

It just seems kids that age are usually pretty agile/flexible/contortionable and I have a hard time seeing him getting stuck in a position where he couldn't breathe.

It (position asphyxiation- in other scenarios- by accident) has happened to teenagers and grown adults, though.

IMO it would clearly be evident during autopsy.

And I can't see it happening and then the washer somehow closing by itself. But I guess we don't know if the lid was open or closed when LE found him. MOO.

I honestly find the positional asphyxia angle pretty unlikely. It is hard to speculate without knowing more about his exact position, the setup of the washing machine, etc. But I think it mostly only happens in very small children (babies/infants) or people who are in very specific situations (physical violence/altercation with LE, caving, freak accidents).

It just seems kids that age are usually pretty agile/flexible/contortionable and I have a hard time seeing him getting stuck in a position where he couldn't breathe.
IMO, I feel if positional asphyxia were the cause of death, it would have been announced by now. The fact there is nothing but silence makes be believe the child was probably murdered and law enforcement is working on solving the crime and bringing charges against the murderer(s). MOO.

IMO, I feel if positional asphyxia were the cause of death, it would have been announced by now. The fact there is nothing but silence makes be believe the child was probably murdered and law enforcement is working on solving the crime and bringing charges against the murderer(s). MOO.
Agree 100%

Jermaine Thomas, the adoptive father of Troy, said he could not find the 7-year-old after returning home just before midnight Wednesday. That’s when he said he noticed his front door was unlocked.

"It's just that I came home, I was fixin’ to walk in the door like right now, I don't have my keys but I put my keys to the door handle and then it just open,” he said. “Anything else after that, I don't know"

"Anything else after that, I don't know"

What does this mean? The reporter asked, "Troy was not in the house when you went in?" And the dad answers no after a long pause. Then leaves the interview.

What's going on with LE on this? What was Troy's cause of death?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back