Anne Heche - 53 - dies after fiery car crash in Los Angeles August 5 2022

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Anne Heche's son mourns mother: 'We have lost a bright light'

Anne Heche's son paid tribute to his mother Friday saying the family had lost "a kind and most joyful soul, a loving mother, and a loyal friend."

In a statement Heche's son, Homer Laffoon, 20, wrote: "My brother Atlas and I lost our Mom. After six days of almost unbelievable emotional swings, I am left with a deep, wordless sadness. Hopefully my mom is free from pain and beginning to explore what I like to imagine as her eternal freedom."

Last Friday, Heche was in a car that was traveling at a high speed when it ran off the road and collided with a residence that became engulfed in flames, Los Angeles Police Public Information Officer Jeff Lee told CNN at the time.

One week after the crash, Heche is "brain dead" but remains on life support, according to a statement from her family and friends and shared with CNN by their representative.

Thread #1

Last edited:
Looking through Anne’s photos, Instagram reels, her movies, her dancing…in her every move, every gesture, every world, she was amazingly alive. Fate has been generous, and harsh, to her. But it seems, that recently, Anne revitalized her career, planning several movies. It is sad that she is gone, and of course, one feels very sorry for her boys, and everyone who loved her. Rest In Peace, Anne.

To myself, I add early multiple organ dysfunction, a condition not uncommon in severe, extensive burns, to the list of potential reasons for Anne’s demise. In essence, it is multi-organ failure, and the main prognostic factors would be the percentage of the body burned. Since Anne was in the hospital for several days, one could probably factor in sepsis as well. So it doesn’t surprise me that Anne was responsive initially, but ultimately, did not make it. There probably were several reasons as to why, but essentially, it was the severity of her trauma.

To myself, I add early multiple organ dysfunction, a condition not uncommon in severe, extensive burns, to the list of potential reasons for Anne’s demise. In essence, it is multi-organ failure, and the main prognostic factors would be the percentage of the body burned. Since Anne was in the hospital for several days, one could probably factor in sepsis as well. So it doesn’t surprise me that Anne was responsive initially, but ultimately, did not make it. There probably were several reasons as to why, but essentially, it was the severity of her trauma.
In that helicopter shot where she sat up on the gurney between being extracted and put in the ambulance - It appeared that a good portion of her clothing was still intact and unburned. I could see she had her shoes on, was wearing jeans (at least below the knees) and her tank top was still in one piece. Also - Her hair appeared to have avoided scorching. IMO - Multiple organ failure would've been due to damage inflicted by the steering column more than from extensive burns.
I have seen the term "anoxic brain injury" in various reports. This is something I've never heard of before. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong - but this is very rare in fatal smoke inhalation cases. Also dug around and found that it may result from breathing steam during a fire - basically drowning on dry land. Is it possible this may have the case here? From inhaling steam sloughing off from the hot engine then fire directly after the crash? Water, coolant, windshield wiper fluid... a number of things could've vaporized and created a situation where she was oxygen starved.

I didn’t know that her brother was killed in a car accident where he drove into a tree. Her sister died of brain cancer. Her sisters husband remarried and was later killed in an accident.

Her mother is still living but it appears they were estranged.

This article goes into a lot of details.

If she had sepsis her organs would not be suitable for donation. So that's not it.

In that helicopter shot where she sat up on the gurney between being extracted and put in the ambulance - It appeared that a good portion of her clothing was still intact and unburned. I could see she had her shoes on, was wearing jeans (at least below the knees) and her tank top was still in one piece. Also - Her hair appeared to have avoided scorching. IMO - Multiple organ failure would've been due to damage inflicted by the steering column more than from extensive burns.
I have seen the term "anoxic brain injury" in various reports. This is something I've never heard of before. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong - but this is very rare in fatal smoke inhalation cases. Also dug around and found that it may result from breathing steam during a fire - basically drowning on dry land. Is it possible this may have the case here? From inhaling steam sloughing off from the hot engine then fire directly after the crash? Water, coolant, windshield wiper fluid... a number of things could've vaporized and created a situation where she was oxygen starved.
I had not seen this until last night

At the .22 mark ( near beginning) :
They show a view of her on the gurney from the ground.
To me she is looking upward & trying to get off the gurney (her left) Perhaps she could not see or was in shock as the Doc on here has mentioned.

MOO

Last edited:
I didn’t know that her brother was killed in a car accident where he drove into a tree. Her sister died of brain cancer. Her sisters husband remarried and was later killed in an accident.

Her mother is still living but it appears they were estranged.

This article goes into a lot of details.

What a load of information. Guess I had not followed all the ups and downs in her life........ but it truly is a story of so many themes... I think mental illness takes the main stage. I think in time, we are going to hear more about a mental breakdown that was building in the weeks before her death.

LOS ANGELES — Actor Anne Heche is brain-dead, her spokesperson said Friday, a week after she crashed her car into a home in Los Angeles.

"While Anne is legally dead according to California law, her heart is still beating, and she has not been taken off life support so that One Legacy can see if she is a match for organ donation," Heche's spokesperson said in a statement to NBC News...

What a load of information. Guess I had not followed all the ups and downs in her life........ but it truly is a story of so many themes... I think mental illness takes the main stage. I think in time, we are going to hear more about a mental breakdown that was building in the weeks before her death.
LOS ANGELES — Actor Anne Heche is brain-dead, her spokesperson said Friday, a week after she crashed her car into a home in Los Angeles.

"While Anne is legally dead according to California law, her heart is still beating, and she has not been taken off life support so that One Legacy can see if she is a match for organ donation," Heche's spokesperson said in a statement to NBC News...
Wow!!!

Can't feel sorry for people who kill themselves while driving under the influence.

It’s a shame you have that attitude, but it’s yours to have. Not saying what she did was in any way good, and she could have killed other people. What’s resulted is someone dying in a horrible way, and two boys losing their mother. For me personally that’s more than worthy of sympathy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back