Anne Heche - 53 - dies after fiery car crash in Los Angeles August 5 2022

I'm confused. I never thought about this. Will her death certificate show her time of death before or after any organ harvesting?
..."While Anne is legally dead according to California law, her heart is still beating, and she has not been taken off life support so that One Legacy can see if she is a match for organ donation," Heche's spokesperson said in a statement to NBC News...

Not sure, but I think the date of death will be yesterday, August 12, 2022, when AH was legally declared dead. JMO

..."While Anne is legally dead according to California law, her heart is still beating, and she has not been taken off life support so that One Legacy can see if she is a match for organ donation," Heche's spokesperson said in a statement to NBC News...

Not sure, but I think the date of death will be yesterday, August 12, 2022. when AH was legally declared dead. JMO
So basically, her death certificate has been issued? I've never seen so much coverage announcing a person is brain dead. It's unfamiliar to me.

Not sure, but I think the date of death will be yesterday, August 12, 2022, when AH was legally declared dead. JMO

I think you are correct …because LE called her time of death yesterday in this article.
(Published on August 12, 2022 10:25 PM)

Last edited:
I think you are correct …because LE called her time of death yesterday in this article.
(Published on August 12, 2022 10:25 PM)
I'm not seeing A TOD. My understanding, from personal experience, is the death certificate will reflect the time the heart stops.

The Los Angeles Police Department is no longer investigating the car crash that left actress Anne Heche legally brain dead, according to a statement shared with NBC News.

"As of today there will be no further investigative efforts made in this case," the statement reads. "Any information or records that have been requested prior to this turn of events will still be collected as they arrive as a matter of formalities and included in the overall case. When a person suspected of a crime expires, we do not present for filing consideration."...

She can collect damages from Anne's car insurance and personal liability insurance.
So there is also an owner of the property to be paid.
An owner and a renter - 2 persons.

And I really don't think it matters if they are insured or not.

A person who causes the damage pays, in this instance AH's heirs.

That is how I understand the law.

Aha, one more thing.
If a person gets money from GoFund - this is only goodwill of strangers (like Charity in my opinion).
This money has nothing to do with compensation of damages.

MOO

I doubt that unless Anne had an umbrella policy. House is definitely going to be policy limits on the auto policy. Nothing left for the tenant.
It appears the homeowners started the crowdfunding for the tenant. Perhaps that's partly why. (In addition to there being an immediate need.) Pretty sure the homeowners would have insurance. Some landlords require renters to carry renters insurance too.
JMO

After her heart stops beating.

Which is why i continue to find the tabloid reports of death then patting themselves on the back by claiming brain dead meets the definition of dead, offensive.

They could have respected the deceased and her family and waited until the body was released instead of forcing her son to make a statement just so they could profit further on someone else’s tragedy.

In that helicopter shot where she sat up on the gurney between being extracted and put in the ambulance - It appeared that a good portion of her clothing was still intact and unburned. I could see she had her shoes on, was wearing jeans (at least below the knees) and her tank top was still in one piece. Also - Her hair appeared to have avoided scorching. IMO - Multiple organ failure would've been due to damage inflicted by the steering column more than from extensive burns.
I have seen the term "anoxic brain injury" in various reports. This is something I've never heard of before. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong - but this is very rare in fatal smoke inhalation cases. Also dug around and found that it may result from breathing steam during a fire - basically drowning on dry land. Is it possible this may have the case here? From inhaling steam sloughing off from the hot engine then fire directly after the crash? Water, coolant, windshield wiper fluid... a number of things could've vaporized and created a situation where she was oxygen starved.

We probably won’t ever know. I remember early articles mentioning that she might pull through, so , like all of us, I can only guess. Of early factors, could be smoke inhalation and essentially, burned lungs. Of later ones, and it would correlate with the body surface area affected by burns, it would be multi-organ failure, the hallmarks of which are thrombocytopenia, respiratory and cardiovascular failure. Independently, facial burns carry additional bad prognosis. Also, burns cause reduced amount of blood flow to tissues and sepsis. JMO, there were too many factors that could contribute to bad outcome, and probably, all of them did. Of her burns, back is definitely involved, so, I assume, could be the trunk area; they were called “horrific” by her reps, so, we have to go by it. I hope that due to coma, she at least did not feel the pain. ((( (Good that this case brings our attention to the problem of burns, lack of blood and organ donations.)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back