Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused about the statements from SS and those here regarding KR changing clothes- in the last known image from the local business released by LE and the original description of what she was wearing, it looks the same to me- those definitely don’t look like black pants in the surveillance image- they look like a dark green work-pant type (i.e. Dickies) and the black tank bodysuit black grommet belt are also in place at that time. Does SS mean that KR changed clothes before the party, but after the surveillance image, possibly?

ETA- I also think it’s possible she does have the necklaces on in the surveillance image. Very hard to tell either way, but zooming in I swear I can see some semblance of what could be a necklace or even multiple chains, although it’s definitely grainy.
@kccorona, from the interview transcript up thread posted by @Curiosa20 (Sami Smith LIVE! Missing 16-year-old Kiely Rodni of Truckee, California. Sami Smith #FindKielyRodni), here is what SS said in response to the interviewer's question about whether KR was wearing the same attire in the surveillance image at the party (the transcript does not include interviewer questions):

"Yeah, that top is exactly what I saw her in. Black bodysuit. Peed in the woods a couple times. Pants were different. She was wearing green dickie’s pants. Black belt, yes, she took it off when going to bathroom." BBM

Thank you for the information, Just trying to think outside the box. Hopefully she is found soon.
Thinking outside the box is often what it takes to solve these cases. While Ockham's razor holds true more times than not, that is not always the case, so I never say something absolutely cannot happen. And I will continue to pray that she is found soon, as well.

And welcome to Websleuths, @HL79!

Last edited:
If we for a moment, exclude everything we publicly know from SS, what are we left with as LE or MSM verified facts: 1) the 6pm store surveillance image, 2) a text to Mom at 11:30pm, and 3) a final ping from KR's phone at 12:30am at party site?

Am I missing something? My intent is not at all to disparage anyone trying to help KR. I am simply trying to get facts straight in my mind. Aside from SS, IMO, it appears the public (and LE?) has VERY little confirmed data to help find KR.
OK, great input everyone.

For the good of the order, please allow me to update my list of LE or MSM verified facts so far:

1) 6pm store surveillance image of KR with description of KR's apparel (black body shirt, green dickies, etc.)
2) make, model and license plate # of KR's car
3) gold necklaces KR may have been wearing
4) a text to Mom from KR's phone at 11:30pm
5) final ping from KR's phone at 12:30am from party location (near water and land)

Happy to add more if other's have further input. Still a very short list.

Again, not disparaging any of KR's friends who have provided their own information. Just teasing out the verified data.

ETA: apparel confirmation by LE in #1

Last edited:
@kccorona, from the interview transcript up thread posted by @Curiosa20 (Sami Smith LIVE! Missing 16-year-old Kiely Rodni of Truckee, California. Sami Smith #FindKielyRodni), here is what SS said in response to the interviewer's question about whether KR was wearing the same attire in the surveillance image at the party (the transcript does not include interviewer questions):

"Yeah, that top is exactly what I saw her in. Black bodysuit. Peed in the woods a couple times. Pants were different. She was wearing green dickie’s pants. Black belt, yes, she took it off when going to bathroom." BBM

Sorry I think I didn’t type clearly- I’m more confused why SS doesn’t think those are the green dickies pants in the picture that Kiely was wearing later that night. The surveillance photo looks like she is wearing green dickies… to me at least.

Also, LE hasn’t said anything about her changing pants, or there being a difference in what she’s wearing in the surveillance photo and what she was wearing at the party/when last seen. Further (to make SS’s statement a bit more confusing), PCSD, in the FB post I linked in my post, included a caption stating she was wearing black bodysuit, Green Dickies, etc. I think if they believed the photo didn’t represent what they stated she was wearing, that discrepancy would’ve been stated on the photo caption, I’d that makes sense.

OK, great input everyone.

For the good of the order, please allow me to update my list of LE or MSM verified facts so far:

1) 6pm store surveillance image of KR
2) make, model and license plate # of KR's car
3) gold necklaces KR may have been wearing
4) a text to Mom from KR's phone at 11:30pm
5) final ping from KR's phone at 12:30am from party location (near water and land)

Happy to add more if other's have further input. Still a very short list.

Again, not disparaging any of KR's friends who have provided their own information. Just teasing out the verified data.

I would add what LE says she was wearing- just to piggy back on the posts I’ve just been making regarding her clothing, which does come directly from the Sheriff’s office Facebook posts.

I’ve been following these threads since the beginning. One thing that has been sticking out in my mind is Sami and someone else in some article I read basically saying that Kiely was wasted and in no position to drive…if that was the case, why would it have been top of mind for Kiely to check Sami got a ride. I am 39 but was quite the partier when I was younger and once I was under the influence of anything (alcohol or whatever else) - I just cared about having fun in the moment, I was not staying on top of what my friends were or weren’t doing. I went to a lot of after parties and likely put myself in unsafe situations. I found all kinds of ways to get permission to extend curfews without my mom having a clue…teens and young adults can be creative in that way. Based on my past experiences and hearing what little clear info we have gotten I think something happened at an after party that she either drive to or was driven to or she’s sadly in the water :( Thinking of her friends, family and general community.
Well I can only speak from my experience, but when I was in high school way back when and totally wasted, I would randomly call my friends (land line of course, we are talking 1972) just to tell them I loved them, not to necessarily inquire as to their whereabouts. Sometimes alcohol can do that to a person. Sad but unfortunately true. Hate to admit it, but all through my teen years and early twenties, I cannot believe I made it home alive. We have to think like a 16 year old would think. I know I looked forward to going to these parties to get totally drunk, ridiculous and to meet the man/boy of my dreams. A right of passage maybe. I do know Kiely had a boyfriend but you know what I's saying hopefully.

We know her phone was there, but perhaps she wasn't with her phone. I doubt that's the case, but with what we know......it's possible.
So yes, we know her phone was there and we know she texted her mom so logically that would imply she had her phone. I'm sure her mom would have noticed if the text from Kiely came from someone else's phone.

So yes, we know her phone was there and we know she texted her mom so logically that would imply she had her phone. I'm sure her mom would have noticed if the text from Kiely came from someone else's phone.
We know a text was made from K's phone to her mom. We don't know that it came from K herself, though.

"Let me be clear, we have one team, one mission and one goal and that is to find 16-year-old Kiely Rodni," Musallam added.

"At this point we're looking for small and anything evidence-wise as opposed to cars, people, things of that nature, even phones, we're trying to make it even tighter," Sheriff Sam Brown said.

"But if we have that one tip that leads us in the right direction that could change everything, yes," added Sgt. Josh Barnhart.

Yep the longer this goes on the more I believe she died accidentally doing something illegal like drinking or using drugs, and for whatever reason the people who were there when it happened decided to hide her body and her car instead of calling for help or going to the police. Typically in situations like these police will lean heavily on that group of people and eventually someone will crack and tell the truth.

Although what gives me pause is that if she did overdose and they party kids panicked and hid her body and car, then these young people did such a good job, no amount of LE officers, FBI involvement, helicopters, dogs, divers and public searches can find any trace of her or her car anywhere!

Obviously I have zero idea of what happened to Kiely.
I'm also hyper-aware that there are several possible scenarios which resulted in her going missing, and that anything I think might be very off the mark.

It's entirely possible that this party was a cover story and Kiely had her own plans for that evening, which she didn't tell her parents. It's also possible that she was there (I feel like she was) and that no pictures of her there confirm it because she may have been engaged in activities in private. Or activities that her friends would not record. On the other hand, I would have expected her to have taken some selfies at the beginning of the night, before whatever happened.

Yet if that were the case, I do believe at least one kid would have told the truth about it by now. It's a heavy burden to bear after awhile, even for a teenager. I know they don't want to get in trouble, or get Kiely in trouble (moot point by now), but I think someone would crack from the strain of hiding what happened if they know it.

What I really don't see, (and certainly I may be very wrong), is this picture of kids burying or disposing of her and her car. Maybe someone with no conscience would do that if she did go to an after-party in someone's home, and the evidence would show she'd been there.

However, out in the dark and isolated woods, if she OD'd I think it would be more likely that the kids would scatter and leave her behind. Then they can claim ignorance that they even knew something was wrong.

Waiting for someone to disclose everything.

JMO

“She has multiple piercings and a tattoo of the number 17 on her ribs.”

Does anyone know the significance of “17?”

The few images from the party seem like they’re standing around watching something? They’re not sitting and chilling. They’re also wearing sweatshirts/jackets.

I really do think if she drove anywhere herself, with her phone, she would have plugged it in her car. I think the phone was discarded into the reservoir.
In regards to that picture of the kids standing around, I feel like they were all turned away because otherwise the car headlights (keeping the party illuminated) would have been shining in their face/eyes.

Sorry I think I didn’t type clearly- I’m more confused why SS doesn’t think those are the green dickies pants in the picture that Kiely was wearing later that night. The surveillance photo looks like she is wearing green dickies… to me at least.

Also, LE hasn’t said anything about her changing pants, or there being a difference in what she’s wearing in the surveillance photo and what she was wearing at the party/when last seen. Further (to make SS’s statement a bit more confusing), PCSD, in the FB post I linked in my post, included a caption stating she was wearing black bodysuit, Green Dickies, etc. I think if they believed the photo didn’t represent what they stated she was wearing, that discrepancy would’ve been stated on the photo caption, I’d that makes sense.
It's obviously not the best photo, but those look like army green Dickies to me, too. I also see what looks like the necklaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann