Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her mom knew something was wrong when she texted her at 11:30? First time I heard that. Is this a typo? Misquote?
If the quote is truly what mom said, I think the mom possibly meant that she felt something was wrong along the lines of Kiely maybe seemed down or maybe it seemed off that she wasn't with friends. The mom seems super concerned and involved in the search and I don't see that she would have gone to sleep before making sure Kiely made it home if she felt "something was wrong" in the sense that Kiely was in danger.

Perhaps Kiely told her friend she was going to spend the night so her friend wouldn't take her keys. But had every intention of driving home. Perhaps Kiely had a trick for "sobering up quick" which gave her confidence in her ability to drive home and to pass any smell test there.

I'd like to know more about the phone charging event. If Kiely was planning to drive home shortly, she may have been planned to charge her phone on the drive so others were doing the bulk of the charging. During that time, were any windows open? Were the lights on? The partygoers might not appreciate headlights.... if Kiely had the engine running for charging, she would've had to turn the lights off manually IMO. If she drove off like that, she may have been wholly unaware the lights were off and could've been driving blind or barely lit with running lights.

JMO
The other thing that comes to mind in all of the discussion about charging the cell phone - I can tell you I have not infrequently plugged my phone in to charge it, only to realize later that the adapter wasn't pushed all the way in or the plug wasn't in the wall, etc so the whole time I thought my phone was charging, it wasn't.

Moo ..mom said she went back to sleep and in morning realized daughter not home. There were alot of out of towners, unknowns. When i was her age and untill 25 or so, at parties i would cruise for free drugs ...no touchy though. A lot of the older guys were really more like big brothers..but there are the others....moo

The Dated August 8:
"I spoke with her via text a lot throughout the day, which is the relationship that I have with her. We're in constant contact," she told RadarOnline.com.
IMO, that speaks volumes.
The lack of further communication with her mom was out of character.

JMO

IMO, that speaks volumes.
The lack of further communication with her mom was out of character.

JMO
“She’s a good kid, she always kept in touch with me,” said Lindsey Rodni-Nieman. “She always came home on time, she always shared her location with me. This is completely out of character that we haven’t heard from her.”

Rodni’s friend ML who is one of the organizers said the oldest of two was not in the right stage to drive herself that day.

“We know there’s no way she could have gotten herself out of there if she was drunk,” she said. “The roads in and out are too hard. With how drunk she was she wouldn’t have been able to navigate them.”

“We have reason to believe she might’ve left that party spot to go to another campground with a smaller group of people,” said Marika Veck. “All signs point that somebody took her and probably drugged her and has her.”

Locals: do any of you know what kind of structures would be on this property? Or how the fire first started? Geography was my worst subject. I think it’s possible her car is stored in an enclosed building, maybe waiting for transfer to chop shop if someone or others are involved. Say, hypothetically, one of the teens or young people had a parent with access for a quick hideaway…

Truckee Meadows Fire reports via Twitter Sunday evening that a brush fire, dubbed the Joy Lake Fire, is spreading and has burned 3 acres with multiple structures threatened in the southern portion of Galena Forest.

Six aircraft are attacking fire, 15 engines on scene, including a brush unit from Carson City Fire Department, according to Truckee Meadows Fire.

Earlier, Truckee Meadows Fire requested assistance from the Carson City Fire Department and other agencies in the area of Joy Lake Road.

Earlier Truckee Meadows Fire, in a Tweet reports the following: "Crews on scene in Galena Forest for a wildland fire. Residents are encouraged to leave the area east of Austrian Pines, South of Piney Creek, North of Joy Lake Rd. #JoyLakeFire."

Locals: do any of you know what kind of structures would be on this property? Or how the fire first started? Geography was my worst subject. I think it’s possible her car is stored in an enclosed building, maybe waiting for transfer to chop shop if someone or others are involved. Say, hypothetically, one of the teens or young people had a parent with access for a quick hideaway…

Truckee Meadows Fire reports via Twitter Sunday evening that a brush fire, dubbed the Joy Lake Fire, is spreading and has burned 3 acres with multiple structures threatened in the southern portion of Galena Forest.

Six aircraft are attacking fire, 15 engines on scene, including a brush unit from Carson City Fire Department, according to Truckee Meadows Fire.

Earlier, Truckee Meadows Fire requested assistance from the Carson City Fire Department and other agencies in the area of Joy Lake Road.

Earlier Truckee Meadows Fire, in a Tweet reports the following: "Crews on scene in Galena Forest for a wildland fire. Residents are encouraged to leave the area east of Austrian Pines, South of Piney Creek, North of Joy Lake Rd. #JoyLakeFire."
That’s a considerable distance away, near Mt. Rose Hwy, south of Reno. It’s in a subdivision.
Sure hope it’s contained quickly!!

“She’s a good kid, she always kept in touch with me,” said Lindsey Rodni-Nieman. “She always came home on time, she always shared her location with me. This is completely out of character that we haven’t heard from her.”

Rodni’s friend ML who is one of the organizers said the oldest of two was not in the right stage to drive herself that day.

“We know there’s no way she could have gotten herself out of there if she was drunk,” she said. “The roads in and out are too hard. With how drunk she was she wouldn’t have been able to navigate them.”

“We have reason to believe she might’ve left that party spot to go to another campground with a smaller group of people,” said Marika Veck. “All signs point that somebody took her and probably drugged her and has her.”
Who is the quoted source - Marika Veck?

JMO

That could have been her mom's wording during the interview, when in actuality the text may have referred to her as "mom." I recall reading early on that a red flag was that K referred to her as "mom" in the text, but she always normally called her "Mama." Here's an article from Wed, Aug 10, in which the mom quotes the text as her calling her "mom." BUT - I think we can go back and forth forever on this as sources vary and unless we saw the actual text, who knows what she really said. If she DID call her Mom and never referred to her as such, that is indeed a flag.

Since ‘Mom’ is a lot more commonly said than ‘Mama,’ I think it’s likely that it could have been misquoted by anyone who wasn’t scrupulously careful. As you said, we’d need the original text, in order to draw any conclusions.

MOO

Since the beginning I have believed the answer is in the water. It could be decades before it is discovered. There were two local couples who went out to eat and disappeared. Five years later they found them in their car, it had gone off the end of the boat ramp.....feet from the restaurant. IMO

Who took the photo of Kiely at 6 in the store?
Was it from Kiely's own phone, or the person that took the photo?
Where did they go after the store until they arrived at the party near 10?
Was the photographer one of the young adults that charged their phones in Kiely's car during the party?
It was the store's security footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member