Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
FR24
Civl Air Patrol CAP2750 is up over Highway 89, flying out of Reno. It was flying Highway 89 again, up to about Hobart Mills, then down across I=80 along Highway 267 which connects Truckee to Lake Tahoe at the King's Beach area. Mind you, a CHP copter flew this route two days ago, also going into the mountains and a commercial helicopter has been working on the ski lifts at Norstart Ski Resort in that area for at least 3 days. So it's not an area that has escaped notice.

And Civil Air Patrol CAP2759 is flying I-80 from Reno to Blue Canyon (34 miles west of Truckee)
Scanning both sides, it looks like.

Edited to correct aircraft #

Last edited:

“How does off-grid living make life a little more interesting?
It’s funny: I don’t really consider my life to be more interesting than anyone else’s. We’re the typical American family, raising two children along with our two dogs and cats. But I guess most 7-year-olds don’t have their own snowmobiles, and most babies don’t ride in snowcats to get to town.”

Two?

They do- A friend of mine is one of our local salvage guys and he uses a 20lbs magnet on a rope to locate cars when they go off into the local canal- which they do every year or so. He basically goes back and forth with his boat until they get a hit. It can take a long time even when you know exactly where the car went in. Diving in murky water is almost useless because you can't see more than a foot which means you walk along the bottom with your hands until you find something. You can't really tell what you've searched already or what you've missed.
So they can do this by essentially dragging the bottom with a big magnet?

To me, the key to this story is KR's vehicle. The fact that the car is missing narrows the set of reasonable explanations for her disappearance. (Yes, certainly, there is no evidence so anything COULD have happened and it could have been aliens or trafficking or 1000 other things, but I choose to focus on REASONABLE.)

There is a lot of speculation of the things that, again, COULD have been done with KR's car. IMO many of those possibilities reflect either 1) pre-meditation/planning, 2) very good luck. If she was taken advantage of because of her drunkenness, kidnapped, disposed of due to an OD, then there is no reason for her car to be missing. If her car was ditched randomly, say, in a parking lot, then I find it unlikely that it would remain undiscovered more than a week later, especially with all the attention that the case is getting.

I'm not drawing a conclusion, exactly, just arguing that the missing car weighs notable for and against different scenarios.

IMO

It’s funny: I don’t really consider my life to be more interesting than anyone else’s. We’re the typical American family, raising two children along with our two dogs and cats. But I guess most 7-year-olds don’t have their own snowmobiles, and most babies don’t ride in snowcats to get to town.”

Two?
Other articles about the Lodge posted here previously have stated Kiely has a little brother.

It occurs to me as I am reading all this that it is to bad that people don't ping because that is really who you want to locate. It is to easy to separate the phone (ping) from the real object of the search (person). MOO MOO MOO

If the car were submerged, is it likely something loose from inside the vehicle (clothing, sunglasses, reusable water bottle, etc.) would eventually float up and be found on the shoreline? If all the windows were rolled up, would anything ever surface? I don't know much about car submersions.

I'm one of those people who always has at least a window cracked no matter what the temperature is, hot or cold. lol

If the car were submerged, is it likely something loose from inside the vehicle (clothing, sunglasses, reusable water bottle, etc.) would eventually float up and be found on the shoreline? If all the windows were rolled up, would anything ever surface? I don't know much about car submersions.

I'm one of those people who always has at least a window cracked no matter what the temperature is, hot or cold. lol

Someone a bit back posted a video about how to get out of a car going underwater. It relied heavily on having one of those hammers to break the glass, as I recall.

Which is bit much to ask if you are drunk and it's pitch black and you are a bit stunned and taking extra time to process that your car is going underwater,

But I agree, it sounds like that car probably had a bunch of loose stuff in it, like cans/bottles of alcoholic beverages, a couple of sweatshirts, maybe some plastic containers with creme brulee.

Two?
This article really drives in the point that Kiely was not unfamiliar with surviving in this area, and had been handling things like snowmobiles by herself at age 7. She probably kept extra clothes & supplies in her car.

This article really drives in the point that Kiely was not unfamiliar with surviving in this area, and had been handling things like snowmobiles by herself at age 7. She probably kept extra clothes & supplies in her car.
And the other thing that is striking is this: how the heck would you find your way back to the Lodge in the middle of the night even if you were not impaired in any way. I grew up in the country and its dark and rural but she lives in an area that takes that to a whole new level.

And the other thing that is striking is this: how the heck would you find your way back to the Lodge in the middle of the night even if you were not impaired in any way. I grew up in the country and its dark and rural but she lives in an area that takes that to a whole new level.

I grew up in rural, dark areas (before cell phones lol) and you just know the roads if you've driven them enough. I knew every curve like the back of my hand. Can't think of the phrase now but it's like your body/car goes into auto pilot around home so it's second nature.
Something I'm always trying to instill in my young drivers is watching out for wildlife as well because they can come out of nowhere.

Has anyone seen that the lodge her parents run is up for sale? Wondering if that has any connection--farfetched as it might be.
It features four rooms with a variety of bed sizes, linens, bathrooms, showers and even some with Jacuzzi tubs. There is a separate cabin for rent with a fireplace that shares a bathroom in the lodge. The lodge’s comfortable common area is stocked with board games, countless books and a variety of acoustic musical instruments for impromptu jamming into the night. During summer, guests in low-clearance vehicles can get to about a quarter-mile of the lodge; those with four-wheel-drive and high clearance can drive all the way. Whether in summer or winter, the lodge is base camp for all-things backcountry like skiing, snowshoeing, mountain biking, hiking or just relaxing in the surrounding solitude. Lost Trail Lodge is dog friendly, but fees and rules do apply. Depending on dates and occupancy, guests can either rent one room or the entire lodge.

Two?

Yes, if you go to the Lost Lodge website and click on Innkeepers, you can see pictures of Kiely and her younger brother.

Someone a bit back posted a video about how to get out of a car going underwater. It relied heavily on having one of those hammers to break the glass, as I recall.

Which is bit much to ask if you are drunk and it's pitch black and you are a bit stunned and taking extra time to process that your car is going underwater,

But I agree, it sounds like that car probably had a bunch of loose stuff in it, like cans/bottles of alcoholic beverages, a couple of sweatshirts, maybe some plastic containers with creme brulee.
Electrical system would have issues under water. That's why hammers are critical. It would have been cold enough that the windows would have been up.

City living here and I don't like to drive many lit roads at night. lol

But I am guessing her and her parents must have felt confident in her abilities because they allowed it. It also seems to be a common occurrence. It would also explain them allowing her to go into Reno with her bf. That highway is nothing compared to the dirt roads she seemed to frequent.

With the new info coming out, I am now leaning toward my second most likely theory, which is that something happened with the kids and they covered it up.

It's alarming that the witness who supposedly was with her most of the evening did not mention this white and pink hoodie. Now of course we don't know how long she was wearing it. but many community members are pointing out there seem to be a lot of holes and inconsistencies in the story.

Have police officially confirmed the eyewitness account from nearby campsite that a bunch of cars left at 12:30 am, almost exactly at the time of the "last call" and the "last ping"?

Electrical system would have issues under water. That's why hammers are critical. It would have been cold enough that the windows would have been up.
That's why I bought these for my kids. It has a glass breaker and a seat belt cutter. Pray they never need it, but I feel better with them having it! We live in FL and there is water everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288