IN - Shanda Sharer, 12, Madison, 11 January 1992

The only reason she was treated more harshly is because she was the ring-leader of the whole thing. If not for Melinda instigating this Shanda would still be alive today.
Not to mention she did most of the murder herself.

I agree with you al!!!! These monsters should NEVER have a chance to see the light of day. And to think SHE is the reason all of this happened. I have read A LOT about this case as it hits too close to home. I think it is a shame we cant hold them in prison forever.
agreed it's disturbing to think these females are going to be in society and have everything Shanda can never have really irks my soul

She got a much better deal than Shanda did. At least she's alive and has a life to look forward to, even if she is in prison.

I don't understand why all of the girls didn't get the same sentence. It shouldn't matter who did the most or whose idea it was...they all went along with it and that makes them all equally guilty. These girls are all sociopaths and some of them are out walking around breathing free air now! That is just crazy.

I hope that little girls mother has a loud voice in court. There is no way that sociopath should be let loose into society. I can't imagine anyone doing something like that to a little girl because she was jealous. I also don't understand how that young girl was mixed up with this bunch. I hope the judge tells this sociopath right where to put it :furious:

That was disgusting what they did to that poor girl. They should all be in prison for life!

Oh what the crap?.. Cry me a flippin river. She could always have done to her what her and her friends did to beautiful Shanda..if not she can just shut-up & rot behind bars for all I care. :behindbar

That makes me sick. These girls should never be out of jail. This was the first true crime novel I ever read back when I was a teen myself. And it made me sick to think people around my age could do something like that.

I would LOVE for her guilty plea be thrown out, her to be retried, and given a life sentence. Plus 50.

I would LOVE for her guilty plea be thrown out, her to be retried, and given a life sentence. Plus 50.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I can't believe that she has the chance to ever get out! You would think she would be happy with that and not push it.

Every inmate in the free world thinks their attorney did a horrible job and want their convictions overturned. That don't mean its going to happen.
:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

That's true. There really are some horrible jobs attornies can do (true in every profession) but people like this evil ____ clog up the system so much with their stupid claims, the real ones can get lost in the shuffle. It's almost like the crime can't get any worse... then it does.

I remember reading about this and was horrified that such young girls could do this - I'm still horrified. Young girls are supposed to be sweet, not evil. THIS is the type of person that should never be allowed to be around others.

Just because a person and or lawyer "thinks" they can file something and argue it, does not mean it is going to happen. I very much doubt that this will enable her to go "free" or have a reduced sentence.

Very doubtful.....

This was one of the worse cases I have ever read about imo. for many reasons and I certainly don't agree with the sentencing of the entire bunch. The one that testified against the rest is out and everything I read about her just disgusts me to no end as well. She is supposed to be pursuing a career in social work because she wants to make a difference! Gonna pay her debt to society and help others is she?
If and when they are released I hope society ensures their lives are as miserable as humanly possible. Guaranteed people that screwed up in the head will never walk the straight and narrow and not accumulate more victims down the road. Then the excuse will be they spent most of their lives in prison and therefore they cannot mix with society in a normal way. Blah, blah, blah! :banghead:

Oh, that poor baby. Is prison hard and unpleasant? If she'd just left Shanda alone -- it was all over some guy, wasn't it? -- then Shanda would be alive and Loveless would be free.

What they did to that poor little girl was unforgivable. Shanda suffered for hours at the hands of those other girls. In my opinion, none of them should be out of prison -- ever.

the stupid thing about this is she accepted this plea bargin and it to her advantage it took a lot of things off the table. Will they go back on now?

Of course they all want off. i hope all 3 rot in hell for what they did to that girl.

Oh, that poor baby. Is prison hard and unpleasant? If she'd just left Shanda alone -- it was all over some guy, wasn't it? -- then Shanda would be alive and Loveless would be free.

What they did to that poor little girl was unforgivable. Shanda suffered for hours at the hands of those other girls. In my opinion, none of them should be out of prison -- ever.
It was over a girl. It all started with a lesbian love triangle. Loveless' love interest liked Shearer.

This is so sick. That poor girl. Im so sick of people committing small crimes and getting many years in jail while people who murder someone so viciously get hardly anything.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back