Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with @SteveP - from what we've read, this "party" was not in the official camping area (it's been said it was in state forest, not on private property) and not "near" one so if there are any publicly available outhouses or what have you, I do not think the attendees were near them, hence the comments they went to the woods several x to pee. Which would mean anyone could come across you.
Agree the woods makes more sense, and both are vulnerable if you're alone, especially if it was when things were winding down and people were leaving. I'm trying to reconcile "pop a squat" and then saying "used the restroom", but hey, I'm not a kid.

This is new- statements from PCSO spokesperson and mom volunteering in search.
It must be hard for Keily's mother to learn she is not living in the thoughtful, loving, close-knit community she thought she was. This is just sad. IMO

Agree the woods makes more sense, and both are vulnerable if you're alone, especially if it was when things were winding down and people were leaving. I'm trying to reconcile "pop a squat" and then saying "used the restroom", but hey, I'm not a kid.

Sometimes that's a euphemism for #2...

UGH
I am so upset about this I had to DBM earlier !!!

I understand the possible fear of coming forward, HOWEVER, there is a young girl MISSING.

They need to reiterate to these "party goers/ parents/ etc and ask them...
What if it was YOUR son/daughter/sibling/friend/ parent that is missing ?????

Wouldn't they want people to come forward for them??

You bet they would.

Very Selfish and Karma is a B*^$%*

Thanks for letting me vent.

#findKiely
Or is it possible to threaten to charge them with obstruction?

What you do in your private life shouldn't affect your academic life. They're both separate....at least in the UK.
Even if you have a criminal conviction or a police record for a minor demeanor, why shouldn't you study at the university if you were accepted?

MOO.
I can only speak to my experience as a professor of nursing in a New England university. In some professions (health professions as one example), students are required to undergo state and FBI background checks after they have matriculated in the program (ours is completed prior to the junior year of college). According to our handbook, if a student has any conviction before entry or while enrolled, they are required to report it to the director of the program. This may result in dismissal from the program because we are held to higher standards set by our clinical partners and the state board of nursing. If students are unable to be placed in clinical sites, they can’t complete the program requirements. Likewise, continuing to take the tuition money of a student who would be denied licensure by the state would lead to program ethics issues that our accreditors would surely take an interest in. Of course, every state is slightly different, as is every college…this has just been my experience.

As far as party-goers being afraid of losing their admission offer, it could be possible as the result of any criminal charges/convictions they may be required to report to the school. In the past, I rescinded an offer of admission to a student who had a drug trafficking conviction that came up on the background check. People deserve second chances but in this case, the student would not have been able to be placed in a hospital for clinical.

What you do in your private life shouldn't affect your academic life. They're both separate....at least in the UK.
Even if you have a criminal conviction or a police record for a minor demeanor, why shouldn't you study at the university if you were accepted?

MOO.

I can only speak to my experience as a professor of nursing in a New England university. In some professions (health professions as one example), students are required to undergo state and FBI background checks after they have matriculated in the program (ours is completed prior to the junior year of college). According to our handbook, if a student has any conviction before entry or while enrolled, they are required to report it to the director of the program. This may result in dismissal from the program because we are held to higher standards set by our clinical partners and the state board of nursing. If students are unable to be placed in clinical sites, they can’t complete the program requirements. Likewise, continuing to take the tuition money of a student who would be denied licensure by the state would lead to program ethics issues that our accreditors would surely take an interest in. Of course, every state is slightly different, as is every college…this has just been my experience.

As far as party-goers being afraid of losing their admission offer, it could be possible as the result of any criminal charges/convictions they may be required to report to the school. In the past, I rescinded an offer of admission to a student who had a drug trafficking conviction that came up on the background check. People deserve second chances but in this case, the student would not have been able to be placed in a hospital for clinical.

And scholarships could be taken away for participating in certain activities. Most scholarship require academic achievement as well as high standards for personal conduct.

And scholarships could be taken away for participating in certain activities. Most scholarship require academic achievement as well as high standards for personal conduct.
Yes they do (as they probably should) but wouldn't surprise me at all if State Us are much more lenient in this regard. Just think of the Football Team (just a joke, LOL).

Yes they do (as they probably should) but wouldn't surprise me at all if State Us are much more lenient in this regard. Just think of the Football Team (just a joke, LOL).
True....LOL
Some scholarships come from the school/school programs the students gradates from or from local businesses. Scholarships have become very competitive and recipients are help to high standards outside of academics and sports.

so with the kids adamant not to cooperate, it increases my leaning toward the "something happened" and it's being covered up theory

if say she turned off her phone to go to after party. maybe a small group witnessed what occurred and even if it was an "accident," everyone knows lately cases where the suppliers of drugs are being charged with homicide. there's been fentanyl in the area or it could be old fashioned alcohol poisoning

it would potentially explain the weirdness and contradictions in some witnesses' stories

local kids would know where to hide a car where it wouldn't be found for a long time, I'm sure. or could still be in a garage somewhere. so many vacant houses here. or we all even know of cases where parents have helped their child cover up a crime to avoid consequences (Flores case).

This is pure speculation.

I think of the 2000 Mules research where without a warrant they were able to get all that cell phone data. and I wonder if LE is pursuing the route of simply figuring out which phones were at the party and where they went. now if they all turned off their cell phones to go to the after party .. well if a bunch of phones suddenly went off at 12:33 am that would also be interesting data

so with the kids adamant not to cooperate, it increases my leaning toward the "something happened" and it's being covered up theory

if say she turned off her phone to go to after party. maybe a small group witnessed what occurred and even if it was an "accident," everyone knows lately cases where the suppliers of drugs are being charged with homicide. there's been fentanyl in the area or it could be old fashioned alcohol poisoning

it would potentially explain the weirdness and contradictions in some witnesses' stories

local kids would know where to hide a car where it wouldn't be found for a long time, I'm sure. or could still be in a garage somewhere. so many vacant houses here. or we all even know of cases where parents have helped their child cover up a crime to avoid consequences (Flores case).

I think of the 2000 Mules research where without a warrant they were able to get all that cell phone data. and I wonder if LE is pursuing the route of simply figuring out which phones were at the party and where they went. now if they all turned off their cell phones to go to the after party .. well if a bunch of phones suddenly went off at 12:33 am that would also be interesting data
Good point.

I think it takes an Act of Congress (or something) for Apple to give up an individual's iPhone password but there are tracking services that can locate ISP addresses or whatever they are called based on GPS coordinates and that is perfectly legal.

Dunno if this would have been helpful to LE but certain they have looked into it.

Long-time lurker, first time poster. I've read every post on all 4 threads.
Here is a thought.
When KR texted her mom and realized that her mom was essentially going to sleep ("wake me when you get home"), it gave KR a little extra boldness to push the curfew. Therefore, as the party was breaking up/splitting off, she calls SS to be sure she did indeed get out (as she is a conscientious friend), then proceeded to turn off her phone preventing her mom from looking back at her locations the next day. I do this with my kids- I frequently look back the next morning on their routes/locations/times for the night before to make sure they did what they told me they did when they told me they did it. How clever would it be to just turn one's phone off, go to an after-party, then sneak in MUCH later than curfew while mom was asleep. The next day you could claim the locator app glitched, you don't know why it still shows you at the campground, you don't know why it didn't show you driving straight home at 12:30. Just a theory as a mom of teens.
I agree, @flckrct this is very likely.

It also ties to at least two of the verified LE facts - 1) last ping on KR's phone at 12:33 (per your scenario, when she called SS and then turned it off), and 2) KR may have gone somewhere else after the Prosser Campground party.

So if your theory has legs, and it seems many here think it may, do you have further insights as to what may have happened to KR after she left Prosser or I should say, after she turned off her phone (e.g. maybe she was not alive when she 'left')?

I must say, that was a pretty bold statement for LE to make, IMO. A couple threads back? LE said some were not cooperating, and then at the presser, they state that had been cleared up right? Or am I remembering wrong?

Now, LE make a statement to specifically call out those that are not cooperating. It appears to me they are truly frustrated by this. It definitely has me doing a double take on my theories. JMO.

I must say, that was a pretty bold statement for LE to make, IMO. A couple threads back? LE said some were not cooperating, and then at the presser, they state that had been cleared up right? Or am I remembering wrong?

Now, LE make a statement to specifically call out those that are not cooperating. It appears to me they are truly frustrated by this. It definitely has me doing a double take on my theories. JMO.
Yeah.

Very possibly it was a Hard To Discover Accident and all the speculation is much ado about nothing.

I don't find that believable but who knows?

BBM
Correct--that is what LE stated.. it was posted awhile back IIRC

Not sure on the legality of this as I'm not from the US but I wonder if law enforcement can come out and announce perhaps 'blanket immunity' to the friends/acquaintances who were with her that night if she did pass away from an overdose if they tell the truth which potentially leads to her body and/or her car and maybe a lesser sentence for the provider of the substance she may have taken, just to get the ball rolling on the conclusion to this and to give Kiely's family finality.

BBM
Correct--that is what LE stated.. it was posted awhile back IIRC
Ok. That’s what I thought I remembered, but sometimes I get these cases confused.

IMO, LE appeared to be frustrated with not receiving any information from particular people. Enough so, that they announce it publicly. Why would someone withhold pertinent information that could possibly help find a missing child?

I know, I know, the whole academic/scholarship debacle, BUT we are talking about KR’s LIFE!
The only way I could see not giving up any information is because you are guilty of far more than just drugs, drinking, etc... JMO.
Maybe these are just scared teens, but LE has set up an anonymous tip line, along with assurances of no legal repercussions for the partying. So, what are they scared of?

I still think tragic accident is the likely scenario, but this is really making me scratch my head. MOO.

SS used the words “pop a squat” to refer to their peeing in the woods, which is what she was saying they did.
That doesn't mean there were no facilities it's quite common to still pee in the woods even if there are bathrooms due to location.. crowdedness of bathroom .or cleanliness or just lazy convenience.....I've peed in the woods many times even if a bathroom was around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288